Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast

Thread: [Custom Mod] Age of Crusades - 1105AD (Roleplay Hotseat)

joker0002710's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [RPHS] Age of Crusades - 1105AD

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Commander David Dunkeld sent his new right hand man, Ranald, ahead to assist in the attack on Antwerp. He set sail in the morning but received a message during the voyage.
    The Scots arriving from the motherland have already showed up early to aide in the siege of Antwerp and were asking for orders, the time to strike was ready.

Ranald gave them the go ahead and he would arrive soon, they were ordered to not kill civilians but they may ransack the city of these heathens. And thats exactly what they did....

over a thousand Scots charged through the lightly defended town after ramming the gates down. Scots climbed the walls and killed all the guards before ransacking the town for the fat loots. Let this be a lesson to those who oppose the pope.

As for the French, David Dunkeld understood they had no business in the heretics war, but felt they were somewhat guilty by association. He wouldn't pursue them as stated and regretted his small band of troops aiding an already won battle in the past. His chivalrous attitude was getting the best of them, and he would focus his attention to the Heretic Roman Empire, unless provoked further, or they try to aide the heretics against the POPE.

Genoa up https://www.mediafire.com/file/cc098lh1suqkd5r/AoC_Genova_13.sav/file

Delay due to admin stuff, should be up tomorrow, sorry.

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

"I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Hungary up - https://www.mediafire.com/file/a97sahwqm482e62/AoC_Hungary_13.sav/file

BerryKnight's Avatar Kings Guard Commander

The King massaged his temples, and sighed. The Papacy, and Holy Roman Emperor had continued hounding him about their war for twelve weeks. Each day, a representative from each party would present benefits from joining, and further rewards to be gained. Upon hearing both, the King would contemplate, whilst the two diplomats began debating and arguing whose terms were more amiable.
    For the twelfth week, and second day, Kalmon listened to new proposals, but heard the same deals with different coats of paint.

“Enough!” Both diplomats looked up to the throne sheepishly bowing. “If these two ‘great’ leaders wish me to aid them in this fight, they should prove their conviction to the one true catholic faith, and speak with me personally. Until such time as this can be arranged, please inform both the Pope, and the Emperor, that I’m indisposed.” He took a breath, and continued. “Furthermore, we are keeping the pagan rabble armies at bay in the East, no thanks to either of your leaders. If they truly care for the faith, then surely they would put aside this pointless bloodshed, and focus their attention where it’s needed. The Holy Land.” Kalmon stood, and motioned for the two dignitaries to leave, whilst making for his private study.

A new report had been received from Marton of Vas. The King walked with a bounce in his step. Perhaps another grand victory? Taken the pagan leader hostage no doubt. Scattered their armies to the wind? Oh, I can’t wait! The King practically dove for the letter left neatly on his desk. Tearing it open, he read that Marton had lead an inferior force of men against another pagan horde. With precision, Marton had cut their lines, causing a massive chain route.

Hmm, they call him The Messiah? I suppose the title fits, having delivered the men through many battles against heretics, and it would further solidify my position for keeping the eastern borders of Christendom safe. Kalmon smiled. Marton, you bastard, you’ve done it again. Perhaps one day you will lead all of Hungary, God willing, and deliver the people. A title such as yours deserves to be honored… “Perhaps Lord of Bran?” He chuckled, busying himself with the finer details of the battle.

England up ~ https://www.mediafire.com/file/z8bss...nd_13.sav/file

Battle ~ https://imgur.com/a/zFZsdbK

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

The King of Denmark's response to a certain display of Polish aggression was oddly quiet and reserved. His few words.

"Let their greed be the death of them."

Onto the Sicilians, https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen..._Sicily_13.sav
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Apologies but will need a extension , as have a few turns to do,,so up on Thu {if that is ok?}
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

It's okay

apologies for my delay ...I shall do this turn today

The news of the Summer of 1111AD was stark , with the anglo-normans pushing down the eastern end of the French holdings , as they contested the French duke , Elaise de Maine who had departed with his main army to attend a conference with the new French King. Louie longed to assault one of the English's armies but there was little opportunity to do so , this summer, as with taking Tours , the English had stolen the march on the French forces, causing most of there activity to cover the main routes to there last remaining cities of Bordeaux and Tolouse. Of the conference with Duke Elaise de Maine , they talked of important events of which I cannot discuss here in these settings, but a rough plan of action was drawup , to deal with the anglo-norman threat and a return of Tours to the current duke.

In this time of hardship the King spent many a long evening in prayer , in local churches as the royal army of france moved around the countryside. He likewise encouraged the troops under his care , to commit themselves to Catholism of the Catholic Church , to perhaps make them a little more fanatical , when the time was called upon themselves to give there life's for france.

Likewise French spies also reported a English ballista travelling through the French countryside to help facilitate the English advance, as the Scottish forces had moved ever eastwards joining the attack on the Holy Roman Empire, with little signs that were changing sides in the struggle between the two parties. On the eastern border, however , the religious problems of the investments continued as the empire and its allies planned there moves, against the pope and there supporters , but the frence had little interest in such a struggle , with the anglo-normans continuing there iron grip on what was previous the French kingdom.

--------------------------

In central france , a English diplomat rode close to the small stone bridge singing a rough song to himself , as his horse chanter'd forward down the small cobbled road. Little did he know that the small stone bridge was occupied by a shadowy figure , who kept himself low , in the light of the coals from the fire-stand on the bridge. The English diplomat, Richard the Gossip comfortable with the dominance of the anglo-norman forces , little suspected the slow gravelly noise in the background was the sound of a large stone, being moved on the ever approaching bridge , and didn't see the dropping stone unto his person before it was to late, when both Englishman and horse had been killed.

The assassin sniffed at such a deed, of killing the horse, as it looked to be a fine French horse, but it had been despoiled by a English derriere and was therefore "contaminated" and not suitable for French business. He did however wish to carve some of the fine meat from its form , but realised such a deed would make things a little obvious to the culprit in such a deed was a Frenchman , and not a accident. So silently he bowed his head, keeping his face hidden in the pulled up cowl , as he moved off the bridge , nodding to the French guard who stood watch at the end of the lane , before departing for Bordeaux to spend his well earned gold.

Turn to Holy Roman Empire,
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/p4pq1nqj5c...nE_13.sav?dl=0

ArBo's Avatar Senator

The crushing loss of this -5 Influence diplomat will be tough to recover from... but recover we will, as we always do.

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

i can get this done on monday

Edit: as promised https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WNi...ew?usp=sharing

assassinated a Genoese spy near the eastern fort in insbruck region, can post pic if requested
    Last edited by Captainnorway; November 05, 2018 at 11:02 AM.

I want to see the pics