Thread: Thank You!

Default Thank You!

On behalf of the entire EB2 team, thank you to the MANY who have played v2.3 and enjoyed it. And especially those who have given us good feedback. What is "good feedback" you ask?

- Detailed descriptions of problems that allow us to hone in on the source problem and determine the solution

- Providing additional information at our request as we seek to track down a problem

- Descriptions of those things which amaze and astound you (that's the only payment we get for doing this)

- Respectful recognition that sometimes our vision may be different than yours

- A posting style which clearly indicates your awareness that in a world of billions, we few individuals in this subforum share an interest that unites us in a joint passion - a thing deserving of mutual respect and understanding.

As for the few, the perpetually disrespectful and entitled? How sad for them - blind men surrounded by beauty
    EBII Council

Default Re: Thank You!

I'd say "you're welcome" but truthfully I am not too active on these forums . Great mod though mate. Already it's the finest TW experience I've yet played, and it's not even finished.

Thank you very much for your dedicated work and settling a high historical-accuracy modding standard!

Still didn't have time to play enough and give proper feedback, but I hope to do it in the near future. Well done

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    As for the few, the perpetually disrespectful and entitled? How sad for them - blind men surrounded by beauty
    Excellent quote, very well said.

I love this mod. Thank you one and all. I play it way more than any other game.

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

No, thank you, for making this wonderful mod by dedicating your free time to create it.
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

I sometimes feel like I don't have a lot to contribute, because--truth be told--I occasionally feel like the devs of this game are operating on a different intellectual level than I am. I don't consider myself dumb or anything, but suffice to say that life is short and although I appreciate attention to detail, I can't say I'm familiar with every last inch of the mod. I give what feedback I can, though.

At first, I remember being a very big fan of the Greek factions. Anymore, I'd say I'm fondest of the nomadic factions. The reforms and quests add to immersion and just feel really good when you complete them. They also feel much more unique than the Greek factions. My most recent passion has been Sarmatia, which really has changed a lot in this version. I'm definitely looking forward to a few of their kinks being sorted out in 2.3a, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    On behalf of the entire EB2 team, thank you to the MANY who have played v2.3 and enjoyed it. And especially those who have given us good feedback. What is "good feedback" you ask?

- Detailed descriptions of problems that allow us to hone in on the source problem and determine the solution

- Providing additional information at our request as we seek to track down a problem

- Descriptions of those things which amaze and astound you (that's the only payment we get for doing this)

- Respectful recognition that sometimes our vision may be different than yours

- A posting style which clearly indicates your awareness that in a world of billions, we few individuals in this subforum share an interest that unites us in a joint passion - a thing deserving of mutual respect and understanding.

How many beers, Kull?

I'm sometimes not 100% on board with this or that decision made by the devs, but usually I either mod it out myself (Have you *tried* telling foot archers to shoot horse archers who are running around in a cantabrian circle? It's like trying to kill a fruit fly with a crossbow) or try to wrap my head around the reasoning.

Usually I try to do the latter because it actually deepens my immersion and appreciation of the history the game is based on - the stasis mechanics are a good example. They really bring the politics of the hellenistic world to life, both mechanically and in terms of the stasis building description.