Thread: Late hellenistic helmets to be added ?

Default Late hellenistic helmets to be added ?

Sorry if I haven't seen the previews but do you plan to add some late Hellenistic helmets pretty common among thureophoroi and thorakitai? I think archaelogists named it "Ascalon" type. Here are some depictions:

DEI team tried to added but its not exactly the proper thing. The shape seems to be improvised from other model

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Kranos; November 30, 2017 at 01:32 PM.

Default Re: Late hellenistic helmets to be added ?

We might be able to convince our 3d modeller to try it..
    About the other helmet you saw is a vanilla helmet from RII database.

Yeah I think it was roman cav helmet worn by Varus in Teutoburg forest battle. . Anyway it looks rubbish. If you try to implement it pls do it justice. I see you've done a wonderfull job with Seleleucid army reforms under Antiochus in what concerns heavy cav (probably the best among the overhaul mods). Infantry reforms are essential to gameplay and mod appeal in the same measure. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one fascinated by reformed Hellenistic armies.

Do you have the units already ? The latest Rome 2 update today screwed with most of the mods to day and cant install just for the sake of curiosity. Also whats the state of it?
    Last edited by Kranos; December 01, 2017 at 02:12 PM.

Thanks mate! Hellenistic armies fascinates me too.

By units you mean the thyreophoroi-thorakites stuff?

yeah

Simple method - Varus helmet + cheekplates from Thracian helmet.

well thats the cheap implementation I was talking about. Not worthy of this mod.

I don't understand this rhetoric. Varus' helmet is more similar to late Thracian helmet than picture you posted. Nicholas Sekunda (author of this book about Seleucid army) said that he isn't satisfied of this Angus McBride's picture.