Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Food imports

Default Re: Food imports

Where do you want to put them? Almost every province has a unique combination that doesn't involve using it's "four digit" h_r combination (some of those aren't unique, either).

Yeah, but forget about hidden resources, using the unique province buildings as a requirement is perfect.

The idea is to create a new building called "food exports" that gives a big farming bonus and a population growth penalty. The building would be available only in provinces you own and with x3 grain, like Alexandreia, Messana, Syrakousai, Lilubim... Once you have one, you unlock "food imports" in your main provinces (Roma, Capua...). Then, for example, you need three provinces with "food exports" to unlock lvl2 of "food imports", something like that.

Btw, once I've added the new building in export_descr_buildings, do I need to use a converter to edit export_buildings.txt.strings.bin or, as I've read somewhere, editing export_buildings.txt and deleting export_buildings.txt.strings.bin is enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Shylon View Post
    Yeah, but forget about hidden resources, using the unique province buildings as a requirement is perfect.

The idea is to create a new building called "food exports" that gives a big farming bonus and a population growth penalty. The building would be available only in provinces you own and with x3 grain, like Alexandreia, Messana, Syrakousai, Lilubim... Once you have one, you unlock "food imports" in your main provinces (Roma, Capua...). Then, for example, you need three provinces with "food exports" to unlock lvl2 of "food imports", something like that.
    Note province buildings aren't easy to use as requirements - they're levels of a building, not buildings in their own right.

You can't do that with the EDB alone, what you've got planned there requires scripting to switch on event_counters signifying that you own food export provinces that have the requisite building in it, and counting how many of them you own.

Quote Originally Posted by Shylon View Post
    Btw, once I've added the new building in export_descr_buildings, do I need to use a converter to edit export_buildings.txt.strings.bin or, as I've read somewhere, editing export_buildings.txt and deleting export_buildings.txt.strings.bin is enough?
    No converter required, you have to edit the export_buildings with Notepad++. Note you have to add to the "tree" structure at the top as well as put an entry for the building in, when adding a new building.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Note province buildings aren't easy to use as requirements - they're levels of a building, not buildings in their own right.
    Sure. I have to use something like and building_present_min_level hinterland_province_t province_178 and not building_present_min_level hinterland_province_t province_179, right?

You can't do that with the EDB alone, what you've got planned there requires scripting to switch on event_counters signifying that you own food export provinces that have the requisite building in it, and counting how many of them you own.
    Of course, I already posted something similar in the first page #7.

No converter required, you have to edit the export_buildings with Notepad++. Note you have to add to the "tree" structure at the top as well as put an entry for the building in, when adding a new building.
    I always use Notepad++. Yes, I have to add the building entry and the top and then another three with the name, full description and short description.

Thank you again. I'll try to run some tests as soon as I can.

Does anybody know if food imports have been implemented meanwhile?
    Cause from time to time I get giant temporary growth and public order bonuses across all my settlements but fail to see where this comes from. (c.f. screens)
    Is this intended?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0017.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	843.7 KB 
ID:	362406Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0016.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	832.0 KB 
ID:	362407Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0015.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	832.4 KB 
ID:	362408Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0018.png 
Size:	830.0 KB 
ID:	362409

Quote Originally Posted by Danny087 View Post
    Does anybody know if food imports have been implemented meanwhile?
    Cause from time to time I get giant temporary growth and public order bonuses across all my settlements but fail to see where this comes from. (c.f. screens)
    Is this intended?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0017.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	843.7 KB 
ID:	362406Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0016.png 
Size:	832.0 KB 
ID:	362407Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0015.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	832.4 KB 
ID:	362408Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0018.png 
Size:	830.0 KB 
ID:	362409
    That happens when a faction re-emerges. All those bonuses go away the moment you hit "End Turn", so they're meaningless. If it bothers you save the game and reload it - everything goes back to normal then

Aaah ok, thanks alot!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12