Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Mod project] Agents Revived

Default Re: [Mod project] Agents Revived

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    Love it!
    Can't wait for release!
    Side note, you should have a look at DBM's models for their female agents. They'd fit the aesthetic of your mod rather allot
    That is a great tip, Thanks. they look very nice so I added them along with DBM portraits and added some traits: https://imgur.com/a/YNEcH

I saw an awesome model of Celtic assassin in DBM with bloody ax and shield so I will check how others look like and maybe I will replace migrants with new models as well.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Any news for us?

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

It's a shame that YourMadDoc doesn't seem interested in releasing this submod at all, because EBII could actually really, really use princesses. In fact, royal dynasties absolutely depend on them for survival given the hard-coded mechanics of the game. Forget seducing enemy generals, if you don't marry your royal princesses to their royal male cousins, then the game literally tries its hardest to make your leading royal family line extinct after about three or four generations. It happens in every...single...solitary...M2TW campaign...that has ever...been played...by anyone...ever. Seriously. You probably just didn't notice, but that's how it operates.

For instance, I'm playing an Epeiros campaign right now. The sly, sneaky game has in the past three or four decades allowed all but two of my Aiakidai royal family members (i.e. directly descended or related to the first faction leader Pyrrhos of Epeiros) to die off without even being married first, choosing to marry literally every other person and let them have kids. My current faction leader Sateles is 65 years old and he only had ONE FREAKING DAUGHTER. That's it. No other kids. The faction heir, who is now 46 years old, also only has ONE FREAKING DAUGHTER, no boys at all, and his wife is in her mid 30s. On the current trajectory, at about 350 turns into my campaign, by turn 420 or so the Aiakidai will be completely wiped out and replaced by another dynasty (a bit more than 100 years into the game).

While that might seem like a good long run for any dynasty, it's not something I want or have chosen. It's just the game being a little prick as usual. And unlike Stainless Steel or other M2TW mods that still have princesses, I am completely powerless to ensure that my core royal family members are married off and have a chance to continue the dynasty. This also has real consequences in the game, as faction leaders who do not have the royal Aiakidai trait and family name actually have less starting authority, meaning you are more prone to seeing rebellions and enemy factions getting testy and invading whenever a new faction leader takes over.

Great news guys!

YourMadDoc seems to be back again and has sent me the files for this submod. I will be able to start looking at it, test the features introduced and add new traits. His work will certainly continue!

Princesses, merchants, priests and heretics will come back to EBII

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Great news guys!

YourMadDoc seems to be back again and has sent me the files for this submod. I will be able to start looking at it, test the features introduced and add new traits. His work will certainly continue!

Princesses, merchants, priests and heretics will come back to EBII
    Yay!

I have adapted MadDoc submod to the current version of EBII.

Had to change some things on it which were confusing me a little bit such as the fact that the merchant agent and the priest were considered the same type of agents with just some differences.

So on my version, the merchant agent will remain the same as on MadDoc version (with some more new ancillaries and traits), while the priest will be something like a man of influence, which seeks allies and brings others to an alliance with his faction. There are new traits and ancillaries for this agent too.

I haven't had the chance yet to test the princess agent and haven't seen the heretic agent on the campaign map yet.

Fantastic! Looking forward to trying it with the incoming new EB II version. Thanks for all the hard work to both!

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    I have adapted MadDoc submod to the current version of EBII.

Had to change some things on it which were confusing me a little bit such as the fact that the merchant agent and the priest were considered the same type of agents with just some differences.

So on my version, the merchant agent will remain the same as on MadDoc version (with some more new ancillaries and traits), while the priest will be something like a man of influence, which seeks allies and brings others to an alliance with his faction. There are new traits and ancillaries for this agent too.

I haven't had the chance yet to test the princess agent and haven't seen the heretic agent on the campaign map yet.
    great stuff, hope there will be an updated version of this for/with next EB patch.
    btw, for models of princesses, they've got quite neat ones in Bulat Steel mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    great stuff, hope there will be an updated version of this for/with next EB patch.
    btw, for models of princesses, they've got quite neat ones in Bulat Steel mod.
    Do you have any pictures of the princesses for that mod?

Hey there

I wish you good luck with happy ending Lusitanio ! I am glad to see my work continue.

Also, If you want to test our heretics you may want to set heretic_creation_modifier and their conversion_rate to very high value for your test run to see effects. They were the most problematic part.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12