Thread: MAARC LXXII - The Winners!

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default MAARC LXXII - The Winners!

Creative Workshop Competitions - Check out our sister competitions here on TWC! << Picture of the Week Competitions | Tale of the Week Competition | Monthly Writers' Study Competitions >>

MAARC LXXII

Congratulations to our winners!

In FIRST PLACE is Toutatis Favours the Brave by Welsh Dragon. Welsh Dragon plunges us into a world of myth, and legendary heroes, in this highly atmospheric tale of the Nervii and their enemies. This is the first time Welsh Dragon has entered the MAARC. The fact that his AAR has won says everything that needs to be said about the quality of this story.

In SECOND PLACE is Historia Quod Britonum by Rabbit55821. This AAR still defies categorisation, complex and intertwining as it is. It shows us our history, and our future - or at least a possible future. It, like our first place winner, provides compelling atmosphere, and it definitely shows off Rabbit55821's writing skill. This second-place win for Rabbit55821 qualifies him for a much-deserved Writers' Study bronze medal!

Thanks to everyone who entered and everyone who voted, and many congratulations to our winners!

The submission thread is here, and the voting thread is here.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: MAARC LXXII - The Winners!

Congratulations to Welsh Dragon and Rabbit55821! Winning in your first MAARC is impressive and it's great to see someone qualifying for a Writers' Study Competition Medal.

Thanks to all who entered, everyone who voted and to Caillagh for running the competition.

AAR writers, don't forget to check whether your AAR qualifies for the MAARC LXIII, it would be good to see some submissions for the new competition over the next few weeks. You are also invited to vote in Tale of the Week 267.
    Last edited by Alwyn; November 26, 2017 at 11:26 AM.

Thanks to everyone who entered and voted. Indeed, Welsh Dragon's accomplishment is a significant and well deserved one which I commend him for! There were few but quality submissions this month which made for an interesting competition.

Default Re: MAARC LXXII - The Vote!

Commodus4 and Norse Thing.
    Thanks for voting for me.
    Congratz to the winners.
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Wait... I won? How did that happen?

Thank you to all the entrants, I'm really enjoying your stories and look forward to seeing where they go next. And thank you to everyone who voted. I've only recently taken up AAR writing and it means a lot to me that so many people are enjoying the story I'm telling. I hope to get another chapter or two out before the end of the year, so you can continue to hopefully enjoy the adventures of the Nervii. (Though I may be slightly pre-occupied with Empire Divided in the next few weeks. )

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Good show all around.

I'd enter, yet I need to think of a concept, and such is the tricky part >.>
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    Good show all around.

I'd enter, yet I need to think of a concept, and such is the tricky part >.>
    Well, Empire Divided and the Power & Politics Update are out on Thursday, so if you want inspiration (and play Rome 2,) you could always pick a faction and make the story up based on your experiences in the campaign as you go. I'm already taking some inspiration from Power & Politics for my AAR, even though the Politics system won't actually be a feature in that campaign.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.