Thread: Operation Flashpoint

Default Operation Flashpoint

Does anyone here plays this game? So far, there were released 3 titles, and I've played the last two. For those who don't know, it's similar to Arma. I don't think it's good the way Arma is, but you can still have lots of fun playing!

"Mankind must establish an end to the war, or the war will establish an end to mankind" - John F. Kennedy

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Operation Flashpoint

My nick is from Operation Flashpoint. James Gastovski the special forces guy. It is my favourite game all the time. The amount of stress couldn't i felt when played first time, those were days.

Arma developer is the same developer of OpFor. Devs lost to license Codemasters so they started the Arma series. OpFor 2 and 3 are crap because Codemasters made them.
    Last edited by gastovski; November 26, 2017 at 06:45 AM.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

The first game was excellent, still play it to this day. 2 and 3 are more like CoD and battlefield than like the original. And it shows.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Still play it occasionally and it's a very good immersive millitary sim. Its now called ARMA Cold War Assault. You can get it for buttons now

The expansion Red hammer was developed by Codemasters and they still have the rights for that.

I really like the game, dont matter what people say, Ive got a thing for it playing it makes me feel like when a put palabras que rimen together, some weird satisfaction

I sacrificed much of my young adulthood to Flashpoint and it's mods (mainly FDFMOD) and would do it again. Too bad I never could make Cold War Assault to work. It just cannot get past the starting menu, unfortunately.

Arma was a huge disappointment in single-player. These completely implausible missions where one guy is inexplicably sent to handle a huge enemy force alone. And the mechjanics. Oh boy, enemy spotting you 400 metres away in high grass in the middle of the night and one-shotting you time and again.

Kudos for arasa above there for spending his only message ever to the forum to tell he liked OFP as well!