Thread: Installation Problems

Default Installation Problems

Where to start? I'm definitely getting very frustrated. So; Step 1. Uninstalled Empire Total War (vanilla) and then reinstalled. Verified the files started and played 1 round, working perfectly. Downloaded 2 part DarthMod and carefully followed the instructions. Unzipped Part 2 and placed it in a separate folder and placed part 1 in same folder. Ran part 1 (Installer). All went smoothly and then I was asked for "disc 2". No idea about disc 2 so aborted. Tried again with same result. Looked through some posts which advised I should browse back to the folder which contained Part 2. Did this with same result. By now thoroughly fed up I uninstalled everything (including vanilla) and started again. Step 2 As Step 1 but this time I downloaded the 1 Part DarthMod. As before again "disc 2" requested. Gave up again. Step 3 as Step 1 including 2 Part downloaded. Carefully pored over instructions and carried them out to the letter. Success! Patted myself on back and sat back to play. Immediate CTD! Tried again with same result. Verified files again got message to say 1 file needed to be reacquired but no sign of that happening so on to Step 4 which was Step 3 repeated, but now "disc 2" again requested. Decided to go for the single part downloaded but could I find it and before you ask I tried Mega which is useless as it requires you to download their own gizmo which did not work for me. Tried aus whatever you call it but the download was not available. Tried another one which kept wanting me to download drivers and kept jumping from page to page. So I've given up unless anyone out there can help me. Please!

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Installation Problems

You don't have to download Mega's thing to use their site, you can download in-browser. I used the 2 part install, worked fine for me (and I was running the exe on a Mac through winebottle). Are you using the admin account on your computer? It could be a problem like that as I had no troubles using the 2 parts, just make sure to have part 1 and 2 in the same folder, click on part 1 and that should be it basically (don't forget the 8.0.1 patch).

After re-reading your post, do you mean to say you deleted all the vanilla files before installing DME again? That definitely shouldn't ever work lol. All I can say is that if you were having that aum_on.bat trouble as well, the problem could be on your end. What's your OS?

Edit: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rt-disc-2-quot this help?
    Last edited by Aexodus; November 23, 2017 at 05:27 PM.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Thanks Aexodus. As you can probably see I'm not exactly computer literate. How do you download in-browser. What I did was went to Mega site, clicked on download and it came up with how it was better to use the gizmo. I said no thanks by "X-ing" the window but it persisted in coming back. I had the aum_on.bat problem but than seems to have gone. Yes I uninstalled everything and then re-installed vanilla ETW to give me a clean sheet to work with. I'm using Window 10. Don't know if that's a problem. When I posted yesterday I was on the verge of giving up, but I really want this mod so hey ho on we go. Thanks again for your help.

Solved. Downloaded the All-in-One version and made it Windows 7 compatible (don't know if that helped) and off it went. Take back what I said about aus... (can never remember their name), full download no problem. Now happily playing DarthMod ETW.

Blog Entries

Good stuff lad

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by you 'set it Win 7 compatible'. Did the thread I linked say that somewhere?
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Good stuff lad

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by you 'set it Win 7 compatible'. Did the thread I linked say that somewhere?
    I saw this on some other threads. If you right click on properties you can make the download compatible with previous versions of windows. Windows 7 was suggested as the best option, so I threw it in for good luck Don't know if it made any difference but working OK now. Thanks for all your help.

Oh yes. I'm still trying to get some new music and you said before you could download from Mega in-browser. How do you do this please?

Hi--I love ETW and I play on my macbook pro using the mac version from the app store. I'd love to play Darth Mod but screw something up everytime i try to do the installation and setup process.Ive read a few tutorials involving wineskin etc but even if i try to follow step by step, i must be screwing something up bc it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    You don't have to download Mega's thing to use their site, you can download in-browser. I used the 2 part install, worked fine for me (and I was running the exe on a Mac through winebottle). Are you using the admin account on your computer? It could be a problem like that as I had no troubles using the 2 parts, just make sure to have part 1 and 2 in the same folder, click on part 1 and that should be it basically (don't forget the 8.0.1 patch).

After re-reading your post, do you mean to say you deleted all the vanilla files before installing DME again? That definitely shouldn't ever work lol. All I can say is that if you were having that aum_on.bat trouble as well, the problem could be on your end. What's your OS?

Edit: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rt-disc-2-quot this help?
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; November 28, 2017 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Off-topic part removed.

Blog Entries

I assume you mean this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rth-Mod-Empire

I just click on the big red rectangle on the left. It doesn't actually download it properly through the browser as per, normally in Safari a thing appears in the top right corner which is the download. Instead the page shows a loading bar.. and away it goes

I also have that music mod, its great, but I do miss last of the mohicans sometimes ;(
    Last edited by Aexodus; November 27, 2017 at 01:56 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow these instructions jack and let me know how you get on