Thread: Lack of clarity for Lord/Hero Followers effects

Default Lack of clarity for Lord/Hero Followers effects

I can't figure out when an effect granted by a follower applies to Lord's army/Hero's army.

Sometimes it specifies that it does apply army wide like Rogue or Thief which add +12 or +15% cash from raiding to the hero's army, but other times it does not specify anything.

Take for example the followers which add campaign movement range like Messenger. Nothing is said of the size of this effect. It simply says +6% or +8% campaign movement range. To what? To the hero/lord only? Well, what good is that? And let's say it did apply only to the character. Does the army benefit from that individual's movement range?

There seems to be certain effects that feel they should apply to the whole army, but are not specified as such, and this is confusing when there are other effects which feel they ought to only apply to that character and the same lack of specification as to the scope of that effect is present.

Anybody got any ideas/proof?

Default Re: Lack of clarity for Lord/Hero Followers effects

Most of the +movement apply to the character and any army they are embedded within. The % is just the base movement rate which you can see when having character/army highlighted the UI in game 2 now shows % of travel a projected move would use. Just have an army that hasn't moved yet hold down the mouse to check where can reach that turn, then add the follower without moving and check the distance next turn, it is about 1 tile further but if you stack the +10% skill, get the +move trait, get the 2 +move followers most Lords can get it is almost +30% movement. However from what I've noticed that +move only applies to regular march, if you switch stance to forced march and your army that would normally move almost +100% in forced march will only the same distance despite stacks +move buffs. So making regular march distance +30% doesn't make forced march 260% but still only 200%

Default Re: Lack of clarity for Lord/Hero Followers effects

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    Most of the +movement apply to the character and any army they are embedded within. The % is just the base movement rate which you can see when having character/army highlighted the UI in game 2 now shows % of travel a projected move would use. Just have an army that hasn't moved yet hold down the mouse to check where can reach that turn, then add the follower without moving and check the distance next turn, it is about 1 tile further but if you stack the +10% skill, get the +move trait, get the 2 +move followers most Lords can get it is almost +30% movement. However from what I've noticed that +move only applies to regular march, if you switch stance to forced march and your army that would normally move almost +100% in forced march will only the same distance despite stacks +move buffs. So making regular march distance +30% doesn't make forced march 260% but still only 200%
    Thanks.

I will ask about any others I find difficult that I find later.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk