Thread: Tears and strategy

Default Tears and strategy

"The uruks are OP, my archers are useless."

Most of the uruks have all armor in front, which means that you can deal maximum damage from flanking and charging their backs. They fall like flies if you shoot them from back/ their right (the hand without shield) side.

"I do not know how to defeal phalanxes"

Flank them.
    Or: Put a unit in loose formation, very long and spread formation and guard mode. Use a ballista to pepper them down.
    Charge from flank/behind.

"How do I defeat fellbeasts, trolls, giant creatures?"

Javelins/Pilums because they have armor piercing. You can use also spear-units, units that throw/shot and units with armor piercing.

If you have questions, write it and I will answer.
    Last edited by Shield; November 20, 2017 at 01:56 PM.

Default Re: Tears and strategy

I agree your suggestions about archers and phalanx.

What you say about Javelins/Pilums is correct in vanilla RTW and most mods, because there is a hidden attribute (thrown) that gives bonuses against elephant based units. But in this mod we did not use this attribute, nor armor piercing, so archers are as good as javelins against these creatures.
    The main advantage of javelins in this mod is the capability to bypass part of the shield defense of the target (due to rebound value), so they are better than arrows to attack units from the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    I agree your suggestions about archers and phalanx.

What you say about Javelins/Pilums is correct in vanilla RTW and most mods, because there is a hidden attribute (thrown) that gives bonuses against elephant based units. But in this mod we did not use this attribute, nor armor piercing, so archers are as good as javelins against these creatures.
    The main advantage of javelins in this mod is the capability to bypass part of the shield defense of the target (due to rebound value), so they are better than arrows to attack units from the front.
    BARDO! PM me please xD

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhus View Post
    BARDO! PM me please xD
    Done. Nice to see you, Kellhus.

Bro love.

"There's something comforting about subjectivity. You can never be wrong."
    -Ben Shapiro (explaining to a progressive about why the media prefers lies over truth)

My submod for DaC 2.2:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-(FINISHED!!!)