Thread: Launcher not working

Default Launcher not working

Back to playing APE:TI after a long absence trying other games and mods none of which I found as good as this one. Slight problem. I can launch the game through Steam, but not using the Launcher or Mod Manager. Trying that way produces "Empire Total War has stopped working". When I launch it via Steam no problem, except of course it is only the Early Game, so if that's all I want to play no problem. But I would like to know what the problem is with Launcher and Mod Manager. I'm now using Windows 10 so could this be an issue? Anyway any help appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: Launcher not working

Yep, I'm getting this too. Thought I'd try this as Imperial Splendour seems to be quite unstable to play. It crashes after the first splash screen when launching.

I'm on Win 7.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by Robleau2 View Post
    Back to playing APE:TI after a long absence trying other games and mods none of which I found as good as this one. Slight problem. I can launch the game through Steam, but not using the Launcher or Mod Manager. Trying that way produces "Empire Total War has stopped working". When I launch it via Steam no problem, except of course it is only the Early Game, so if that's all I want to play no problem. But I would like to know what the problem is with Launcher and Mod Manager. I'm now using Windows 10 so could this be an issue? Anyway any help appreciated. Thanks.
    I don't check this often, sorry guys!

We still having this issue?

If so I will download and test.

You guys running latest mod and HOTFIX?

Did you see this?

-l3
    Last edited by l33tl4m3r; March 11, 2018 at 04:38 AM.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

I have windows 7 same issue fresh install with hot fix. Crash on start up with message say that Empire has stoped working. Try the fix above but, I do not full understand it. I can type the names of the files in there but I cannot put the files there. If I type them, and then start the game with the steam button it loads fine but it's just the vanilla game.

SR-71's Avatar Civis

Icon4 Re: Launcher not working

Quote Originally Posted by King Barbarian View Post
    I have windows 7 same issue fresh install with hot fix. Crash on start up with message say that Empire has stoped working. Try the fix above but, I do not full understand it. I can type the names of the files in there but I cannot put the files there. If I type them, and then start the game with the steam button it loads fine but it's just the vanilla game.
    You can copy and paste it without problems, I just did it minutes ago and got APETI to work
    Jimmy Dix: I'm really good, man. Maybe I could take your daughter out. What's she like?
    Joe Hallenbeck: She's like thirteen years old, and if you even look at her funny, I'm gonna stick an umbrella up your ass and open it.