Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia

Default Re: Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    It seems there is no more mercenaries.

Edit : Invicta has a second Youtube Channel now.

Do I have something wrong with my eyes or at 13:27 and also after a while in a slowdown in the video you can see how hostile soldiers run through each other without any collisions, like ghosts. WTF

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

So no agents, a mustering and supply system, no pre-order bribe except discount and contribution to charity? hell now I might pre-order just because they removed agents from the game.

Edit: watched the Invicta videos and couldn’t disagree more with his points, which are heavily derived from his Warhammer play and perhaps his multiplayer focus. He was hoping for powerful unique faction mechanics and faction specific tendencies in battle. IMO this would gut the aspect of historical authenticity and realism from gameplay but also detract from the whole point of the game - how do you put a kingdom together in the heart of the European Middle Ages? Unsubscribed.
    Last edited by Huberto; February 01, 2018 at 02:20 PM.

Seems like they are really putting a lot of nice ideas together in ToB, can't wait to see some more footage, specially of the battle mechanics.

The campaign is a lot promising so far!

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Theramines View Post
    The battles in TW are always better when they're more closely linked to decisions and consequences on the campaign map. That video gives me hope that a lot more battles will have more meaningful context and be the culmination of decisions made by the player and the AI, rather than just another grindy battle because the AI decided to attack for no apparent reason.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    The armor and equipment look authentic at least. That's a plus. The battle mechanics are another thing and it's one of the major reasons I still play M2TW mods like SSHIP for Stainless Steel and the antiquity mod Europa Barbarorum II (along with the obligatory Tolkien fantasy stuff in Third Age Total War).
    This.

Actually, my only with is they'd get rid of the Sniping armies strategy. These small-scale battles in the videos are promising!
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

SinisterOmen's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    It seems there is no more mercenaries.

Edit : Invicta has a second Youtube Channel now.

Yes, he started a second channel by the end of 2017, but he never promotes it often that's why most people are not aware of it.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Thrones of Britannia is now listed on Steam. It is coming out on the 20th of April, and will cost $45 USD. 25% of all profits made from pre-orders will be donated to War Child UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Thrones of Britannia is now listed on Steam. It is coming out on the 20th of April, and will cost $45 USD. 25% of all profits made from pre-orders will be donated to War Child UK.
    It's listed at $40 on steam, with a current %10 discount on preorders (bringing it down to $36).

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by zoner16 View Post
    It's listed at $40 on steam, with a current %10 discount on preorders (bringing it down to $36).
    You sure? If so, that is complete and utter . Australia has to pay in USD, AND pay more than actual Americans?

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    You sure? If so, that is complete and utter . Australia has to pay in USD, AND pay more than actual Americans?
    This is what mine says:

I think some non-steam sites have it for less.

Aussie-tosser's Avatar Tiro

Jesus and they wonder why they lose so many Australian customers to sites like g2a, sega really needs to get its head out of its ass.

I don't know how but it's about 26.5 dollars in Turkey.

EDIT: That's if I buy it from Steam.
    Last edited by PointOfViewGun; February 02, 2018 at 01:42 PM.
    The Armenian Issue

That's strange I am getting a 39.99 base price. With 10% off it is 35.99. In Euro, it is exactly the same.

One thing to remember that many times, publishers sign agreements with retailers that their digital base game prices will match the physical.

That tends to be why Australia gets shafted so much. Shipping costs for the physical copies get tacked on the physical copies, and digital prices go up to match.

In other cases, I don't know. Regional pricing can get bizarre.

watched the Invicta videos and couldn’t disagree more with his points, which are heavily derived from his Warhammer play and perhaps his multiplayer focus. He was hoping for powerful unique faction mechanics and faction specific tendencies in battle. IMO this would gut the aspect of historical authenticity and realism from gameplay but also detract from the whole point of the game - how do you put a kingdom together in the heart of the European Middle Ages? Unsubscribed.
    Holy moly the comments on his channel too. I think they've completely missed the point. I hope 3 kingdoms is more to their liking.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

43.6 USD here in Norway, that's with the 10% sale mind you
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

I like the sound of War fervour and recruitment, but some of the stuff seems seems simplified. Minor settlements are just one building now? I like how much these villages, farms, etc. contribute to your faction tied with the recruitment and stuff, but is it just me or are buildings just getting more simplified as we go on?

Quote Originally Posted by SturmChurro View Post
    I like the sound of War fervour and recruitment, but some of the stuff seems seems simplified.Minor settlements are just one building now? I like how much these villages, farms, etc. contribute to your faction tied with the recruitment and stuff, but is it just me or are buildings just getting more simplified as we go on?
    This is similar to Empire. It is actually more geographically and historically correct. Villages start off with a single function. If the site and situation are right, then the city can develop more functions.

If there was any knock against total war is how easy it was to go to war. The diplomatic penalties weren't enough IMHO.

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

One thing that makes me REALLY not want to buy the game though - seeing Jack Lusted being interviewed about it, while wearing a cravat and being unable to mention anything other than Wessex or Alfred the Great.

Apart from that, this latest footage looks really good. I personally like the idea of having region specific units available and not just faction wide... maybe modding can help with that though

SinisterOmen's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    This is similar to Empire. It is actually more geographically and historically correct. Villages start off with a single function. If the site and situation are right, then the city can develop more functions.

If there was any knock against total war is how easy it was to go to war. The diplomatic penalties weren't enough IMHO.
    I like how diplomacy is handled in Stellaris. You have to give a reason to start a war and then set up conditions, so if you win you get those conditions also like planets, resources, etc. In TW diplomacy is being simplified with every new title it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post
    One thing that makes me REALLY not want to buy the game though - seeing Jack Lusted being interviewed about it, while wearing a cravat and being unable to mention anything other than Wessex or Alfred the Great.

Apart from that, this latest footage looks really good. I personally like the idea of having region specific units available and not just faction wide... maybe modding can help with that though
    It is strange that people keep referring to Jack's outfit in the interview. The man has a unique style. I could never wear it, but that's who he is.
    If you look at the employment division within CA there isn't a historical research division. They outsource it. The technical game design is in-house. I honestly find their interest in history to be similar to a history enthusiast you might run into on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterOmen View Post
    I like how diplomacy is handled in Stellaris. You have to give a reason to start a war and then set up conditions, so if you win you get those conditions also like planets, resources, etc. In TW diplomacy is being simplified with every new title it seems.
    I think you are straying from my point. I was emphasizing that you could not just go to war because of th mood strike you. You have to think ahead. In Paradox games, you have to set it up, then go to war. I do not find either publishers/ developers to do diplomacy well. It is extremely dynamic. I am not sure the AI is capable of the level of diplomacy that many wants.