Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia

Quote Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
    I personally love this game and would gladly write a love letter to Jack if I could.
    I concur : you should give it a try. Considering the sheer amount of unfair critics this title received, this would certainly brighten his day.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Well I'm sure Jack did what he could with the title. Many things weren't his choices though. We all know how the industry works. Deadlines,budget,restrictions etc

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

Anyone holding out hope that a full-fledged War of the Roses mod will be made for ToB? It'd be a shame for such a massively detailed map of the British Isles to go to waste - think of the epic campaigns you could have as the York and Lancaster mega-factions battled it out for control of all of England.

Attila already has a number of mods set in the middle ages, I imagine most of the units could be reskins or even straight up reused assets.
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Strider View Post
    Anyone holding out hope that a full-fledged War of the Roses mod will be made for ToB? It'd be a shame for such a massively detailed map of the British Isles to go to waste - think of the epic campaigns you could have as the York and Lancaster mega-factions battled it out for control of all of England.
    That would be nice, indeed!

I believe I mentioned that would be a good mod, War of the Roses.
    English Civil War is another good period.

Oh I couldn't agree more.

Can also use a lot of Attila's Roman era assets and mods to make an Invasio Barbarorum: Conquestus Britannica style overhaul.

I'm still waiting for the Blood DLC before committing to a campaign. But occasionally I dip in and play a few turns here and there, fight a battle or two. It's really only one or two features away from being a top notch TW game.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Honest question, is this just another Attila mod disguised as a standalone game?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    Honest question, is this just another Attila mod disguised as a standalone game?
    Imo, no - it’s more than that. There are enough changes to merit the standalone, including performance improvements .

Quote Originally Posted by Pathstrider View Post
    Imo, no - it’s more than that. There are enough changes to merit the standalone, including performance improvements .
    Well, many features were equally removed. So it hardly feels like a full game, sadly.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Ye it is like between FotS and Napoleon. I would also prefer ToB being expansion/patch for Attila like FotS ...standalone if necessary, integrated if owning both. Actually I think it would improve things for both ToB and Attila. They could easily offer sales for ToB owners to get cheap Attila,DLCs...but i get they tried to limit any connection with Attila due to negative popularity of Attila (due to Rome 2 release problems + Attila“s performance..)
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

They will give Blood DLC free for everyone having it for Attila.
    That alone says something. Right ?

Ye, that should be free for owners of that DLC for Attila. Think they said it in the last blogpost or Grace on reddit.

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Ye, that should be free for owners of that DLC for Attila. Think they said it in the last blogpost or Grace on reddit.
    I think that's a first for CA. I can't remember anything similar.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 02, 2018 at 09:56 AM.

Look like I was right one of the latest blogpost
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/what-t...g-on-june-2018
    Those who have been craving a little more gore as they raid, pillage and, conquer will be pleased to hear that a Blood Pack is currently in development. It will be similar in scope to the Blood & Burning pack for Attila, sharing some of its effects, along with new content created just for Thrones.
    It’s going to be ready this summer (most likely July) and we’re planning to make it available for free to players that already own Blood & Burning for Attila. We’ll release more details on it closer to the time, along with a more general update on future plans for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Well I'm sure Jack did what he could with the title. Many things weren't his choices though. We all know how the industry works. Deadlines,budget,restrictions etc
    There is a video on youtube of Lusted saying he purposefully took features out of TOB, so I think its fair to say the current dumbed down build of the game was a purposeful decision on his part. "Streamlining" has basically been his MO since he took over with Shogun 2 which basically lets them ignore working on game mechanics based around a good AI and replace that with forcing the player to focus on making decisions like what they have done with the settlements.

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    There is a video on youtube of Lusted saying he purposefully took features out of TOB, so I think its fair to say the current dumbed down build of the game was a purposeful decision on his part. "Streamlining" has basically been his MO since he took over with Shogun 2 which basically lets them ignore working on game mechanics based around a good AI and replace that with forcing the player to focus on making decisions like what they have done with the settlements.
    Link?
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    I think that's a first for CA. I can't remember anything similar.
    They did the same for warhammer 2 - anyone with the blood dlc from 1 got it for free.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Ye it is like between FotS and Napoleon. I would also prefer ToB being expansion/patch for Attila like FotS ...standalone if necessary, integrated if owning both. Actually I think it would improve things for both ToB and Attila. They could easily offer sales for ToB owners to get cheap Attila,DLCs...but i get they tried to limit any connection with Attila due to negative popularity of Attila (due to Rome 2 release problems + Attila“s performance..)
    I think that would make more likely to buy it tbh. I'm not paying 40€ for an Attila mod that I will only play once or twice anyway.

Laetus

So how fast is the battlespeed of ToB? The last games and especially Warhammer 1 & 2 were way to fast for me. No real maneuvering and flanking possible.