Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia

Default Re: Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia

Pass, i genuinely couldn't care less about that setting.

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

I do hope they didn't get the Yorkshire guy narrating the "Thrones of Britannia" announcement trailer to do the scripted videos in this game. If it focuses on the Anglo-Saxon and Norse, then someone with Icelandic voice would be much better. The inclusion of some actual Anglo-Saxon dialogue would be fantastic, it was a beautiful language.

Screens:

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Theres some new models in those screenshots, there might be a grain of hope for Thrones of Britannia.

Yes, all helmets and some clothes/shields are new.

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

All of the unit models we've seen are new and that's come directly from Jack Lusted on the official forums.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Pċsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Im worried. Considering this borrows so much from Atilla I'm not sure how interesting its going to be. Especially in the animation department.

We pretty much just had this just a less focused version of this with Attila and it's other expac. Why couldn't they have done something like high medieval times or something if they were gonna keep to this? They have skirted around an actual Medieval game so many times, an actual game in the Medieval period game will be boring and samey! I would have heavily preferred something in a more focused setting in high or late medieval than this. I actually am starting to like Rome 2 more than Attila, even with the latter's more sophisticated campaign mechanics, but the BORING aesthetic and the same old trillion barbarian factions and barbarian voices. I swear to god if they use the same barbarian voices....!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

The armor and equipment look authentic at least. That's a plus. The battle mechanics are another thing and it's one of the major reasons I still play M2TW mods like SSHIP for Stainless Steel and the antiquity mod Europa Barbarorum II (along with the obligatory Tolkien fantasy stuff in Third Age Total War).

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

I hope CA release news info soon. The game will be out soon and we saw so little about it for now.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Yeah more info and release date please. Hey CA, it's OK, you can keep letting us know about ThroB. I won't be distracted by Skeletor DLC, trust me.

The shield in the first screen shot in post #63 is copied directly from a recreated Sutton Hoo Shield. However since all the decorations are gold layered copper, this shield should be reserved for king

I can't see the helmet well enough to tell, but they already have used the Sutton Hoo helmet in the Charlemagne DLC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1e97_OfE6Y

Cheers
    Last edited by Forward Observer; January 31, 2018 at 06:48 AM.
    Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl!

As we wished, CA released a new video. Albeit not exactly what we expected.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I admit I was looking for more informations than a 2 minutes speech where we are told in-game events come with 2D artworks.
    Last edited by Anna_Gein; January 31, 2018 at 01:07 PM.

I would have liked to see some gameplay instead of cartoons as well. So it's going to have little movies like after completing Vortex rituals? Cool, I guess. Hopefully the events aren't too shallow and are more meaningful than like a faction wide buff or something. As in "man searches ruins because his god told him to.. Woah! he found a hat" +15 melee defense 15 turns.

Also, generals aren't immortal, so at least we won't have Superman as our faction leaders in a historical title.
    Last edited by SturmChurro; January 31, 2018 at 01:09 PM.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Check out the CA blog post for more details. https://www.totalwar.com/blog/throne...nnia-narrative

They are using historically plausible branching events to shape the campaign and it will take place for the player faction and the AI as well. That could provide a lot of replayability and immersion, depending on how interesting and balanced the events are...

Well I do like the 2d art they are using and the fact they are still focused on making a sandbox puts away some fears I had about it being too liner with it's story missions. As much as the battles look unimpressive I have some hope the campaign map will have some good going for it and can at least make the game feel more like shogun 2.

The battles in TW are always better when they're more closely linked to decisions and consequences on the campaign map. That video gives me hope that a lot more battles will have more meaningful context and be the culmination of decisions made by the player and the AI, rather than just another grindy battle because the AI decided to attack for no apparent reason. The artwork looks lovely too.

All in all this is looking more and more like a labour of love, and that's giving me strange tingly feelings.

SinisterOmen's Avatar Libertus

Well looking at the pictures it looks like most of it are new asssets. The models look new, the sword showed was the go-to option in charlemagne dlc, but it's not quite the same. I think one shield was already in vanilla Atilla.
    It gives me a bit more of hope. Unfortunatelly I think the animations will be the same, I hope they change them because they are really tiresome at this point.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Normally i would write quite detail post with tons of new info buuuut problems in real life. So if you want tons of new info, some youtubers got access and it is really worth the time, all videos are quite similar with some new info here and there.....ToB will be out April 19th.

DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

It seems there is no more mercenaries.

Edit : Invicta has a second Youtube Channel now.