Thread: Rump state of Soissons?

police55's Avatar Foederatus

Default Rump state of Soissons?

I keep hearing of the rump state in the forums and such, but the game supposedly starts in 450. So does the faction conjure up 20 years from start? I’m really confused, about everything and I have little information on what the entails.

Default Re: Rump state of Soissons?

Or perhaps around 457

Quote Originally Posted by police55 View Post
    I keep hearing of the rump state in the forums and such, but the game supposedly starts in 450. So does the faction conjure up 20 years from start? I’m really confused, about everything and I have little information on what the entails.
    Hi police55. The faction of Soissons is the representative of the Western Roman Empire when the mod starts. As this faction you will be funded as a Roman province but by 457AD the funds will stop and you will officially become a Rump state of Soissons. There is information for each faction in an intro when you start a campaign. The intro information will drop down that is specific to the faction you have chosen to play. There is also a guide by Theremines http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...trategy-Guides Let us know how the campaign goes.
    Last edited by Riothamus; November 12, 2017 at 01:36 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Hi police55. The faction of Soissons is the representative of the Western Roman Empire when the mod starts. As this faction you will be funded as a Roman province but by 457AD the funds will stop and you will officially become a Rump state of Soissons. There is information for each faction in an intro when you start a campaign. The intro information will drop down that is specific to the faction you have chosen to play. There is also a guide by Theremines http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...trategy-Guides Let us know how the campaign goes.
    It’s going great, thanks for the speedy response while I have you, when I commenced a siege, my battering ram wasn’t able to path find the gate properly, I was using the Bello Mundi settlements and I’m wondering if that’s why.

Quote Originally Posted by police55 View Post
    It’s going great, thanks for the speedy response while I have you, when I commenced a siege, my battering ram wasn’t able to path find the gate properly, I was using the Bello Mundi settlements and I’m wondering if that’s why.
    Great! glad your campaign going well. As I remember the DBM siege gates are buggy. I think they have recently fixed the issues around this and we hope to implement the fix in the mods soon.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Great! glad your campaign going well. As I remember the DBM siege gates are buggy. I think they have recently fixed the issues around this and we hope to implement the fix in the mods soon.
    Glad to know I’ll be reverting back to the packaged settlements. Thank you for your time.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Riothamus shouldn't it be the other way? Aegidius was appointed comes et magister militum per Gallias in 457/458 and then campaigned with Majorian and Nepotianus in 458-460, and rebelled against Agrippinus after Majorian's murder in 461, to which Agrippinus handed over Narbonne to the Goths which resulted in the first battle of Orleans in 463 (in which Frederick was killed). Agrippinus was then replaced by Gundioc.