Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Divide et Impera New Beta Update for Power & Politics

Icon4 Divide et Impera New Beta Update for Power & Politics

After a few days of hand wringing and hair pulling, we finally have a version of the mod to test with the new Power & Politics beta that was recently released! This new part 1 is only for use with that beta and replaces the old part 1.

New Part 1: Download Page
    *Only for the standalone version, NOT STEAM

Information:
    - This new part 1 replaces the release part 1 version of the standalone. Use this instead of the old part 1, DO NOT USE BOTH!
    - Requires the new Politics and Power beta and makes the mod compatible with that beta. To get the new beta, right click on Rome 2 in steam and find it in the betas tab.
    - The Steam version will stay at patch 17 until November 30th, when the new update is out of beta.
    - There are some issues (nothing major so far, see below) with this version that will be worked on over the next few weeks. Please report any problems you may encounter, thanks!

Update Notes

Previous Changes
    - This update includes the battle stat overhaul that was in progress in the 1.2.2b fix pack. We are still working on that actively, but we have rolled those changes into this new version to keep it all in one place.
    - This pack also includes other fixes and changes from that fix pack. See the fix pack thread for details.

Politics System
    - The base vanilla political system is now in with a few modifications to some effects.
    - Added loyalty effects to imperium levels and political ranks.
    - Changed the political rank system so that you can now buy some earlier ranks, later ranks still earned through battle. You can still earn early ranks through battle. We may alter this in the future.
    - For now, all GC factions still start with 4 political parties. We will see how that is balanced - perhaps we will reduce some in the future. All factions can have up to 7 parties now, but various names will be placeholders until we can work on that.
    - We do plan to modify the political system in the future, depending on just how much is possible to mod.

Building/Unit UI
    - The new building and unit UI seems to work for the most part. There may be some missing buildings in trees, it hasn't fully been tested yet.
    - There will be a lot of missing or incorrect text entries for the unit and building UI until we have a chance to work on that. Specifically, the longer descriptions may be wrong and the strengths/weaknesses texts will not be accurate.
    - We have plans for fleshing this out a lot more.

Known issues:
    - Due to a new bug introduced to unit abilities and defense, we have had to alter some phalanx entries. Pike and hoplite phalanx units will be a bit tougher when in phalanx for now.
    - Custom battle rosters are now divided up into campaign sections, so we haven't edited that much. We may end up adding factions from other campaigns there eventually. Also we may have to add back imperial units to Rome's normal roster since you can no longer do cross-campaign custom battles.
    - As stated above, various text entries will be wrong/missing.
    - For now there is only 1 civil war group per playable faction.

Future Plans
    There are a lot of new and exciting features with this update that we plan on exploring further over the next few months. We don't have very specific plans, yet. I have been in fix-mode over the past few days just to get the mod running, so that triage perspective doesn't lend itself to much modding depth. However, we do have some generalized ideas:
    - We will continue working on the battle stat update that was previously in progress before being so rudely interrupted by new content . There is still various balancing things to do for that update, but we feel the progress so far is very promising. There will probably also be plenty of things to fix for battles because every CA update seems to inevitably break something.
    - With the new UI and text entries, we have a lot of things we can add to the mod. There are now places for more in-depth descriptions. We can take better advantage of some of our longer unit descriptions and add/fix a whole lot more. Right now many are wrong or missing. We also had plans to improve on a lot of the vanilla descriptions still in the mod, so this would be a chance to do that. There is also the strength/weakness section for units now that is promising but is totally untouched right now.
    - The political and government system is currently mostly as it is in vanilla, but we want to improve and expand on the system. We haven't had a chance to see just how much is moddable, but we would like to expand on the government types and hopefully make the system even more impactful and interactive.
    - The new DLC campaign is also on the horizon and some of our members have plans to dive into that time period. Since it is a lot of work and quite a bit of new content, we have no idea on any timeframe for that at this time.
    Last edited by Dresden; November 11, 2017 at 09:25 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: Divide et Impera New Beta Update for Power & Politics

This looks awesome! Can't wait to test it out this weekend

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

​Nice job! That's impressive to get a working update out already... I am excited to see how this new content can be used in this amazing mod!

Good job! Can't imagine how much work you guys have done and how efficient it is.
    I really appreciate all your work.

thanks zeus to all of u DEI team! it's even save game compatible! well done!!

Yep it seems to be save compatible.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

While everything else seems to be working fine, the unit cards are messed up for me.

See attachment:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171111125703_1.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	417.0 KB 
ID:	349366

No other mods other than DeI are running.

Thank you consul Dresden.

I am confused... Has there been an update or will there be? Is it automatic or do I have to opt in? So if I have default steam settings and not opted into any betas, what patch do I have and will DeI keep working?
    Last edited by CIaagent11; November 11, 2017 at 04:30 AM.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by CIaagent11 View Post
    I am confused... Has there been an update or will there be? Is it automatic or do I have to opt in? So if I have default steam settings and not opted into any betas, what patch do I have and will DeI keep working?
    CA are releasing another DLC for Rome 2 at the end of the month, with this will come a new patch, so it will be automatic.

At the moment the patch is in Beta and you need to opt in to get it, if you opt in you will need the update from this thread.

can you make octavius[and others] as emperor not military tribune in Imperator augustus campaign? + other dlcs' faction leaders trait too. also grand campaign trait need to change properly. like basileus to antigonos ii not agoranomos.

anyway much thanks for your works.

Edit : faction leaders trait to normal when i load save file of new start. im satisfied now.
    Last edited by servent9; November 11, 2017 at 07:02 AM.

So my game keeps crashing and an error message pops up right before what I assume is a secession starting up. I can not be 100% sure but it only happens after I get the high chance of seccesion message the turn before and end that turn. Here is the error image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG  

Double post.
    Last edited by sasquatch32794; November 11, 2017 at 07:44 AM.

I've had same thing with unit cards any way round this thank you for this amazing mod

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Excited to hear the team wan to jump right into the ED campaign. Really interested to see what you guys do with the new time period.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

We didn't jump into it and most likely won't for many months if ever ;P Now we can just to preserve the mod in current state as CA broke a lot of stuff, for example most of formation bonuses (even in vanilla).
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    We didn't jump into it and most likely won't for many months if ever ;P Now we can just to preserve the mod in current state as CA broke a lot of stuff, for example most of formation bonuses (even in vanilla).

I thought they did not touch anything in terms of battles or I did not see it on a patch notes.

I just hope you guys make the different Government types REALLY feel impactful... like 100x greater than they currently do. Changing governments is a HUGE thing... I just dont want you guys to make them "too supplemental" for the game...
    Like.. if im a republic... i want the bonuses/negatives to REALLY make me feel like a Republic is very different than a League, Empire, or Kingdom.
    For instance.. (and i understand you guys havent really altered much yet... im just saying this so hopefully you guys start big first) Kingdom gives -15% mercenary recruitment cost, +5% tax rate.... (now these may or may not be the bonuses the DEI team decides to keep, once they find what else can be altered)...

--But i feel like numbers and percentages THAT LOW are just useless. Like... -15% merc recruit cost.... who cares...
    Something like 50% would be like.... holy crap this feels totally different.... im a faction that uses a ton of mercs... maybe a kingdom is the way to go.

Now you also dont want to trap people into only being forced to PLAY one government type either... so itll take choosing the right things to give/take bonuses from.

But I just hope yall dont end up with small bonuses like +5% melee defense, or -5% recruitment cost, or 5% campaign movement distance... or other small stuff that basically offers such a tiny benefit between governments that they all basically feel and play too similar.

Like... a republic should be VASTLY different than a Kingdom... and empire... etc..

Like for a Kingdom... if you are led BY THE KING... maaaan that would give a big time morale bonus. To look over and see the KING neck deep in blood, or just being led on the march by the KING HIMSELF... that stuff gives more than just a 5% bonus to morale.... Something like... 20% would be more appropriate and make you feel like... holy crap this enemy is led by their KING.... this is going to be a HARD fight...

Does that make sense?

i just want to be able to tell my friends "okay now, those guys are a republic... so this, this, and this is WAY different from these guys"

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    I thought they did not touch anything in terms of battles or I did not see it on a patch notes.
    They said they fixed some imaginated stat display issue which totally broke how stat bonuses work now.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I think they broke diplomacy bonuses too. Going to war with a faction only made their enemies like me about +2 to +4, basically not making them like me any more.
    It seems like the bonuses are minimal now.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast