Thread: Carthaginian "peace"

Default Carthaginian "peace"

Hi guys, I have a question regarding Carthage's "peace" notification: What happens to those generals that are in the middle of a military campaign? (against rebels in this case). Do they receive a penalty or something by not obeying the senate on handing over their generalships?

Default Re: Carthaginian "peace"

I seem to remember FMs who aren't general have a crippling movement penalty, plus lowered command (no penalty from the council, just movement at a snail's pace). I haven't looked at the actual triggers so I'm unsure if the peace counter keys off of the turns since there's been battles per se or the amount of turns since taking a settlement. What I'm getting at is if you're in the middle of the campaign,the script is unlikely to peace out because it's fairly smart as far as I remember. If you stop and take several years to retain your army, then it isn't still in the middle of a campaign, so to speak ;-)

I'm having a few issues with "peacing out" in my 2.3 campaign. I counter it by starting a naval war with a faction.

Now we get to the funny part... I blocked a port to start a war (in this case, with Epirus),so I could get my FMs elected as generals and mop up some rebel armies. After war was declared, I chose a war leader, while the rest of the FMs got elected as deputy generals in Carthage. I did nothing to attack Epirus, I just kept blocking the harbor and the war was technically still on. After a while, even though I was still at war with Epirus, peace was declared and my generals were recalled. I didn't expect that. Even though there wasn't any fighting with Epirus, I was very active in clearing out rebel stacks in my regions.

Biarchus

That's interesting. I wonder what the separate trigger is. I assumed it was tied to actual war status.