Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Great News: Empire Divided DLC for Rome II is about the III Century Crysis!!!!!

Default Great News: Empire Divided DLC for Rome II is about the III Century Crysis!!!!!

Finally!!!!! After years waiting for this we have a dlc about this fascinating timeframe of the Roman Empire!! Maybe so become more popular among the general public also. Anyways, personally I would prefer that this DLC will be for Attila but well we will see the result of this choose by Creative Assembly.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/69...mpire_Divided/

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/empire-divided-power-politics-faq

And below an awesome picture of the dlc in which you can see the mighty emperor Aurelian charging with his cataphracts against a group of Syrian archers from the Palmyrene Empire!!!!

Last edited by Rampante-Cid; November 09, 2017 at 03:44 AM.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Great News: Empire Divided DLC for Rome II is about the III Century Crysis!!!!!

You see Invasio Barbarorum modding crew is the best, even CA has copied our efforts (-> IB Restitutor Orbis)

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Default Re: Great News: Empire Divided DLC for Rome II is about the III Century Crysis!!!!!

It seems really likely they were inspired by IBRO, which is really cool as well. Let's hope they do justice to the period. I've seen they added some more political interactions within realms, which is nice, and resembles CK2/EU4 in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    You see Invasio Barbarorum modding crew is the best, even CA has copied our efforts (-> IB Restitutor Orbis)
    Yep, I thank the same hahahaha! Maybe now the team of Invasio Barbarorum should begin to work in a mod about the reign of Marco Aurelius or the Severans, so we will can to expect that CA "copy" the ideas in a near future for DLCS xd

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Obviously this DLC's units need... well, a complete overhaul, if I'm honest. However the new campaign mechanics are cool, and I hope to see them ported over to Attila as well. But, I mean, if they're gunna copy our little community's thing, they could at least copy the units properly? Or if they're too lazy for even that they could steal the guy that's making the Eras of Rome mod for Rome 2, it's set in the third century too.
    Ah, I'll stop complaining. It's cool to see them supporting Rome 2 more, I wonder if it signals an effort to have Rome 2 and Attila remain the "definitive titles" for that time period for longer?

EDIT: Cid, I think this DLC does cover Aurelian?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Quote Originally Posted by Julianus Flavius View Post
    Obviously this DLC's units need... well, a complete overhaul, if I'm honest. However the new campaign mechanics are cool, and I hope to see them ported over to Attila as well. But, I mean, if they're gunna copy our little community's thing, they could at least copy the units properly? Or if they're too lazy for even that they could steal the guy that's making the Eras of Rome mod for Rome 2, it's set in the third century too.
    Ah, I'll stop complaining. It's cool to see them supporting Rome 2 more, I wonder if it signals an effort to have Rome 2 and Attila remain the "definitive titles" for that time period for longer?

EDIT: Cid, I think this DLC does cover Aurelian?
    I'm agree with you. We will need a "wash of face" for many units in this DLC, because excepting the own general models and some helms and shields (overall from the legionaries of Aurelianus altough there aren´t sadly also to much variety among them) it seems as they justly reused models of both Rome II and Attila to do the new rosters (the soldiers of the Gallic Empire are hillarious to not said just ugly).

And yes this DLC covers the reing of Aurelianus.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Great news, but in my opinion the troops in screens use too many later equipment for 270 AD. They need some modding on them (Maybe Restitur Orbis II? ). If they asked people on IB forums for help on historical research, it will be much better ...

I really like the unit cards, very nice style. But they also needs some changes (for example helmets).

Their new goverment system seems to be influenced by Europa Barbarorum, very interesting.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

It was time!

Zenobia riding a chariot! This is silly! It is a known historical fact that she flew around on a dragon...

Quote Originally Posted by Joar View Post
    Zenobia riding a chariot! This is silly! It is a known historical fact that she flew around on a dragon...
    They have them in Warhammer TW, so maybe they will be in the patch for Empire Divided

Ahem... shields lacking shield bosses... one of my biggest pet peeves. Am I a fool for saying "Take my denarii anyway?"

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Rampante-Cid View Post
    Yep, I thank the same hahahaha! Maybe now the team of Invasio Barbarorum should begin to work in a mod about the reign of Marco Aurelius or the Severans, xd
    For these I have been doing the basics of a new mod. With basic I mean unit list and designing 3rd century Roman shield designs (so far I have done 28 of XXX).

----------

Back to topic, CA has never been so .. well ... obsessive with details and historic accuracy as the modding community. Therefore this DLC will be a perfect start for new mods.
    And if they finally publish a tool for map modding for both Rome 2 and Attila, this would be perfect.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

While it would be nice for the IB team to take all the credit, there is already a third century mod available for Rome 2 called Divide et Impera which looks pretty good. (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...t-Impera-(DeI)).

However, I am looking forward to this addition and may become a good platform for modding with, though I believe modding for Rome 2/Attila is pretty difficult apart from textures, scripting etc, though I would like to see a IB2 modding team in the future. Any suggestions for the team?

And I must say seeing Aurelian on an armoured horse with a face helmet leaves me a little flabbergasted. The romans apart from some heavy cavalry with contus didn't really have cataphracts, and certainly not clibinarii till after the defeat of Palmyra. It has been suggested that heavily armed cavalry like clibinarii were not included in the roman army until diocletian's reforms, and some say not until Constantine. Another issue is Queen Zenobia on a scythed chariot...I'm mean really?!

Anyway, RO will still continue to be developed and believe it or not is getting closer to completion. It is looking good and I must say am rather excited about it, inspite of the latest Rome 2 developments.

Anyway, RO will still continue to be developed and believe it or not is getting closer to completion. It is looking good and I must say am rather excited about it, inspite of the latest Rome 2 developments.
    How many years are left for RO to be released?. Iv'e been following IB since i was a teen and i'm happy to hear that RO is close to completion, good luck¡¡¡.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

I'm following DEI for years now and, even though I admit I'm not playing DEI, nor I'll play it in the next future, 'cause I don't like the Mods making the most idiotic and annoying features of an engine, which already has a lot of idiotic and annoying features, even more idiotic and annoying, I admit that DEI is a great Mod but .. I've not seen any DEI sub-mod about III century, there is none.

Instead, what I've seen it's a nice gem, a small masterpiece for Rome 2, made by Emperor Caesar (who is also a guy and a friend following this subforum for years and years now) named PAX ROMANA, which is fully working and frankly awesome! The other working Mod about III century, in my limited knowledge, is just Imperial Crisis II by asterion2005 (who is also a guy and a friend following this subforum for years and years now) the Mod is fully working, has tons of awesome units and covers the same timeline of the new DLC by CA. In my knowledge, they are the only two existing and fully working Mods about the III century Crisis today 10 November 2017.

I've humbly asked for years and years to many Mod teams, if it were possible having a Mod about the Great Crisis, sadly after 15 years, I repeat fifteen years, only two Mods have seen the light of Sol Invictus, for this reason, first of all I say a great THANK YOU VERY MUCH to asterion and to Emperor Caesar for their awesome works and for their generosity in sharing them with us, then, I say a great thank you to CA and Jack Lusted, for having finally decided to give us a Mod focused on the most interesting age of Roman history, you'll understand that compared to this great achievemnt, few small meaningless details as the helmet of Aurelian, or the horses of Zenobia are abolutely irrilevant.

In any Total War title we have had many historical inaccuarcies, CA is a Company more focused on a Fantasy version of history than on historical accuracy, if I should enumerate all the historical inaccuracies I've encountered in wonderful games such as Shogun, Medieval, RTW, BI, Alexander, Empire, Napoleon, Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila I would need much more time than what I've decided to spend here, on this subject, in any case the rilevant part of the tale is that finally they have chosen to open the door over the III century and I think this door won't be closed anymore, and this is the key point, not the ****ing horses of Zenobia, or the even more ****ing helmet of Aurelian.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    While it would be nice for the IB team to take all the credit, there is already a third century mod available for Rome 2 called Divide et Impera which looks pretty good.
    DeI is about the Hellenistic period, as it's an overhaul of Rome's II time-frame, somewhat similar to Europa Barbarorum. Anyway, personally I'm not very upset about historical accuracy, because I have learned from experience that CA prioritizes spectacle over historicity. Modifying unit models is relatively easy, so, although I don't think that mods should become the excuses for CA's mistakes, Zenobia riding chariots in the battle of Kadesh Emesa is not my biggest gripe. However, despite appreciating CA's willingness to at last work on an otherwise neglected period, I suspect that their over-priced DLC has become obsolete, especially after the release Emperor Caesar's magnificent mod already mentioned by Diocle. Even if someone prefers Rome II to Rome I or Medieval II, there's hardly any reason to buy the DLC, which adds only 11 new units and is based on an almost exact copy of the Augustus map. After all, the politics update, which indeed seems interesting, will also apply to Rome II, so any mods centered around the main game will be able to profit from it, regardless of whether they had bought Empried Divided or not. The only genuinely original feature is the Narrative Technologies, which only applies to the playable factions, whose leader existed in reality, too (Palmyra, Sassanid Empire, Rome, Gallic State and Goths). It might be enjoyable (personally I'm against any scripted events in supposedly sand-box games), but it's hardly worth of the amount of money CA asks. Better play a mod, which has already disposed of many bugs plaguing the vanilla game and has also shown more respect towards history.

A great news indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

I object to this evil and culturally oppressive decision by CA, to depict yet another Roman Empire game is an act of historical fascism. They should have made a DLC about the Persian empire instead of doing more boring western-centric games which ignore the richness and diversity of ancient history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    I am quite impressed by the fact that you managed to make such a rant but still manage to phrase it in such a way that it is neither relevant to the thread nor to the topic you are trying to introduce to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    We are patiently waiting for RO

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast