Thread: (VV) plans for upcoming DLC and patch

Master & Commander's Avatar Libertus

Default (VV) plans for upcoming DLC and patch

Hey Magnar, does your team have any plans for the new patch/update that is being implemented with the new DLC coming out? I read the patch/update changes the base games faction politics, which will lead to conflicts with mods. Are y’all going to release an update to work with this coming change. Also if you do release an update would you consider adding some of your finished content that hasn’t been released yet? Or are y’all still planning on releasing it all at once, later on down the road?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: (VV) plans for upcoming DLC and patch

We are still discussing our plans with regards to the latest release. At a minimum the current version will be updated and would include a number of bug fixes. The current issue with adding any of the new rosters is that they already have the updated unit stat system applied which includes some new features and hasn't been tested or balanced yet. The new campaign and buildings will definitely not be included nor any of those changes as it is still heavily WIP and large parts will likely need to be redone with the new update. Will post when we know for sure.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

The update for the patch will only contain some bug fixes and none of the content for the 1.0 release as it is all tied in together and we haven’t yet begun the polishing and balancing phase yet and could thus undermine the balance that currently exists in the mod.

the team is also eager to have their work released but only when it’s ready. An unpolished or hurried release would not do justice all the work we’ve been doing.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Seems i jumped the gun a bit above. A number of the new features for the new patch wont be available unless the startpos is redone and I wont be redoing the startpos for the old (current ver) of VV because it will take too much time from the new VV. I tried to update the old ver in a relatively quick manner but seems its gonna prob take a lot more time than im willing to take away from the new VV version (The 2 are quite different now, so any updating has to be done separately on each). As such the existing version will only be useable on the pre patch version.

TLDR:
    Current Released VV wont be updated to new patch
    Upcoming release of VV will be compatible with the new patch

NB: This stance will change if the rest of the team feels it a priority to update the old version (current version)
    Last edited by Magnar; November 16, 2017 at 04:19 PM.

Master & Commander's Avatar Libertus

Thanks for all the updates Magnar and I know once y’all release the next update it will be worth this long wait. Can’t wait to read more updates, and see more previews in the future.