Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: ROME II - Empire Divided

Default Re: Total War: ROME II - Empire Divided

lol do they even touch the battle map stuff after release anymore? Or is Total War becoming Crusader Kings? Did they fix formation attack, whatever that was and the fact that spreading wider is just a straightup buff? Fortunately for them the time period means they won't have to untangle the mess they made with phalanx and hoplite wall. Good going there, I guess.
    Art finds her own perfection within, and not outside of herself. She is not to be judged by any external standard of resemblance. She is a veil, rather than a mirror. -Oscar Wilde

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Lanciarius_90 View Post
    I just me or half of units wear intercisa helmet, which was not even implemented before 280 AD?
    By the sounds of it those units will be coming though the tech so not unreasonable but also remember Rome II allowed the Marian reforms well before the fact so this isn't new on CAs part.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanciarius_90 View Post
    I just me or half of units wear intercisa helmet, which was not even implemented before 280 AD?
    Right, Aurelian is in essence leading some of the reformed armies of Diocletian. So basically, the Diocletianic Reforms before Diocletian.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    OMG these promos. Did they do any research at all? Like literally almost none.
    Look at this image. Freaking Winged helmets, Chainmail Pteryges? What even kind of brooch is that, it looks like a Victorian furniture decoration! What is this, Hollywood?
    Try a 19th century German opera! Funny how people have been making fun of that since the sneak peak image was first released months ago and CA still went ahead with it. I guess they really needed something to make the Germanic faction leader look....interesting.

In any regard, the campaign looks promising and will be blast to play in multiplayer. I understand the financial reasons for creating this campaign for Rome II, but maaaaaan, this would have been simply glorious on Attila with its graphics and features.

I guess the only thing Attila fans have to look forward to is some upcoming British Isles horsecrap.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Boicote View Post
    I'm excited about the new "Power & Politics Update" . The politics system is one of the main reason why I couldn't go back to Rome II (I usualy prefer to play Atilla instead). Unfortunately there will be no family tree .
    Anyway, I'm downloading the beta right now to give it a try.

Oh, I also apreciate the new UI created for "Empire Divided". It's immersive . I hope this new UI will also be avaliable for other campaigns.
    I also appreciated that CA made changes for Politic and UI system in "Power & Politics patch". Now politic system is much clearer and can see what cities can be lose if civil war will break out. UI change in unit and building information is much better. Totally worth is this Power & Politics patch. I don't mind about mods, but some mods I miss.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Well, my conclusion from having played the beta is: it will up to the modders to make something decent of this. Cause the changes are barely worth mentioning. The new governments systems are something you will use once or maybe twice/ campaign (and clearly taken from civ). The diplomatic actions for statesmen don't do much (+5 relations, amazing...), if it doesnt get them killed in the first place. other changes were already better done by mods

For those interested about the 10 playable factions... I found some data in several tables, so this info is most likely correct:
    -Alani
    -Armenia
    -Caledoni
    -Gallic Rome
    -Gothi
    -Marcomanni
    -Palmyra
    -Rome
    -The Sassanids [sic]
    -Saxoni
    Last edited by Viking1978; November 09, 2017 at 03:59 AM.

By the way, I think the free material is VERY interesting. I have not checked everything, but this is what I found so far:

The political addition seems to give a lot of options. Most of it can be found in the lua scripts.

Several improved UI features:
    - You can now see the skill tree completely when you assign a skill
    (something that REALLY bothered me in the past and one of the main reasons I did not keep on playing the game)
    - Unit info (right-click) gives a nice overview and is not via the online encyclopedia anymore
    (I hope they keep this that way!! Even unit cards are the in-game ones, so that's awesome for mods... But the total encyclopedia seems down, so we will have to wait & see)
    - Building trees (right-click) gives a nice overview. (I think this is also not via the online encyclopedia, but I have not checked)
    Last edited by Viking1978; November 09, 2017 at 04:05 AM.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

I gave it a try and it feels meh on its own. It might give a 5% boost if it's implemented into DEI but that might take a lot of time. Anyway it's free so I can't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Caesar View Post
    By the sounds of it those units will be coming though the tech so not unreasonable but also remember Rome II allowed the Marian reforms well before the fact so this isn't new on CAs part.
    This doesn't make sense. Ridge helmets were considered as cheap, mass produced, less protective and inferior compared with niederbieber type. This is more downgrade than upgrade. Also not a single example of Heddernheim type 1/2 and Attic type.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm looking forward to this, I think the new features will be cool in the right modders' hands. As for the units, I expect there'll be a host of reskin mods, unit mods etc so no worries there. Only thing I'm slightly annoyed by is that these features would also be cool to have in Atilla, and I was a fan of the family tree so it's a shame to not see that return.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

Hmm.. I'm curious about the power and politics free add-on. Or I might just wait to see how it is implemented in some mods like DEI.

I'm just happy to see something "new" that isn't Warhammer.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by emperor77 View Post
    Truer words never spoken!
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

The biggest quality of life change, in the new patch, and one that seems to have flown under radar of most people, is the fact you can set the graphics to 4K, and scale up the UI so it's not 4x as small. God, I wish they woudl do this in Attila as well.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Caesar View Post
    Even though I just released my mod covering the same period I can't wait. I'll definitely be modding the equipment though, I see the gladius and incorrect armor, shields, etc. looks really fun though. But expect a reskin and unit pack from me.

Same here! Great, great, great news! The III century in all its splendor! I can't wait!

After 15 years, they have done what they should have done at the time of RTW-BI! In any case: better late than never!

I count on you for modding the units divine Emp Caes (seen that NOBODY ELSE in the modding community has ever bothered about III century helmets and equipment!)!!!

Quote Originally Posted by emperor77 View Post
    except that something is barely anything;

The update is merely a few added buttons and minor mechanics.

And the dlc will be about the same size as Ceasar/HatG, which in their own words "took 3 months to make". And meanwhile they keep producing warhammer content at a never before seen rate/pace

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    except that something is barely anything;

The update is merely a few added buttons and minor mechanics.

And the dlc will be about the same size as Ceasar/HatG, which in their own words "took 3 months to make". And meanwhile they keep producing warhammer content at a never before seen rate/pace
    You might want to check the Empire Divided Steam Store page. The campaign is as big as Grand Campaign or IA. And I think the patch changes are more than "few added buttons and minor mechanics" myself.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

If they had at least reworked the trade a bit ... maybe also the map and a few barbarian tribes more ...

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    You might want to check the Empire Divided Steam Store page. The campaign is as big as Grand Campaign or IA. And I think the patch changes are more than "few added buttons and minor mechanics" myself.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.
    If it only has 10 factions, I doubt it will be as big as a grand campaign

I really noticed barely any changes in the beta. You can change government ok, but that will only happen once/twice a game. The actions you can take with a statesman are very meaningless (+5 relations...). Same witht the personalities of the different factions. +5 loyalty because you made 5 trade agreements isnt gonna make the difference.
    Yes, the secession mechanic is a good idea, but if you play it correctly, you'll never see it.

Most positive thing is the slightly reworked UI. Still no family tree, reworked diplomacy or so

I think modders are our best hope here
    Last edited by eXistenZ; November 09, 2017 at 01:44 PM.