Thread: Need help with new equipment

Default Need help with new equipment

So I want to add some new weapons in the game yet i have some problems.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This is the weapon, the Russian Krnak

Before i imported the model i made inside the game, i tried to understand better how editing the 2 mesh files works, so i imported 1 mesh file inside milkshape with the VPM plugin, it asked for no reference animation, then i took a look at the file and i exported it with no changes back into VPM and got the exported file into a new .pack file. When i started Napoleon with the mod loaded the units had no weapons and no equipment.
    After i seen this i decided to ask for help because i thought any other attempt would be a fail.
    I hope you guys can help me.
    Last edited by The Master of Albion; November 05, 2017 at 11:58 AM.

Default Re: Need help with new equipment

If you want to add a new musket into the game adding a mesh and a texture is not enough. You need to tell the game what the mesh is and where to find it, and define it as a "musket" that can be used with some units.
    To do this, you must go into the database file warscape_equipment_items_tables and define the mesh you just imported - adding its name inside the MS3D file then imported into .vpm - and associate to it an "equipment key". With said key, you need to create a new equipment theme or modify an existing one, in warscape_equipment_themes_tables where they are defined. Simply add the newly created "equipment key" under "primary weapon" or "secondary weapon" and that's it.
    Then, you need to go inside unit_stats_land_tables and put your new equipment theme under the column, well, "equipment_theme".
    That's it. You need to do this for every single unit using the custom musket though.
    My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer

Yes i know how it works, my problem is that when i export mesh2 for example it is not working, the weapon and equipment ingame do not work, tho i have dowloaded a new version of the VPM editor and this also fixed some older problems i had, now i will try this again and i hope it will work.

Yes now it is all good, it works perfectly except for some texture problems on the older game models but i can fix that, thank you for you help !