Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: Total Vanilla Beyond 2.0 Release

Default Re: Total Vanilla Beyond 2.0 Release

@4zumi

Well when I tried playing as Spain, and looked through their building roster Alcazar didn't show up, even with the Moors, so I am going to keep trying with other Southern European countries and see if it shows up. Also I found out that the really good Hospital of Nur al-Din Bimaristan can only be built by the faction Emirate of Damascus and well, I offed the Emirate of Damascus in the 3rd Crusade 30 turns ago currently in the year 1296AD in this play through :U

4zumi's Avatar This one sparks joy

You found a bug. Thanks

It is easily resolved. Open the export_descr_building.txt
    Look for the "building castle_tower" entry and there for the "c_cannon_towers" entry
    In this entry you will have to add an entry to the upgrade section

upgrades
    {
    smederevo
    alhambra
    marienburg
    acre_hall
    alcazar
    }

The alcazar entry was missing, hence you could not built it.

The Nur al-Din Bimaristan can be built by every middle_eastern faction. But only in Damascus.
    Proudly under the patronage of King Athelstan of the Imperial House of Hader

Author of
    Total Vanilla Beyond mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms &
    Developer of
    Total Bananas mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms (beta)

Steam Workshop Mods for Rome 2, Warhammer, Warhammer 2

Discord: zumi's cookie corner
    Fighting for launch of "Cookie Friday" and "No Pants Saturday"

@4zumi

Okay thanks for that, also I wanted to ask when can I start building plantations? I've entered the gunpowder era of the game, and love the highway concept, at first I thought it was bugged but then I waited for a while.

Is the plantations similar to the highways and what specific even do I have to wait for?

@4zumi

On second thought I'll wait for 3.0 to finally drop, I am not tech savy enough to do such things and if I tried tweaking it I might mess it up more. But aside from those small nitpicks, I am currently in the year 1320AD and have 58 provinces under my belt, no serious crashes, freezes or the like, and it runs smoothly.

Plantations can only be build in the americas and approx. around 1400 AD. So you'll have to wait

The wair for 3.0 could be very long
    Maybe try a 2.8 when it comes in between

Author of
    Developer of

@4zumi

I am here to update on my current play through of the Mod.

Excellent everything works well and it runs perfectly I absolutely love it all, been playing on up to 1464 as the HRE on very hard currently holding 110 provinces, basically I've remade the whole Roman Empire my capital is in Rome and the borders stretches from Alabama in the Americas to Mosul Iraq.

I've eliminated the Aztecs, Byzantines, Damascus, Denmark, England, France, Hungary, the Italian States of Milan, Papal and Sicily, and lastly Portugal.

My current Vassals are the Armenians, Scottish, Irish, Venetians, Lithuanians, Polish, Spanish, Egyptians, Moors and the Caliphate of Baghdad. Who am I currently at war with the Mongols, Kievian Rus, Appaches and Norway. The Kievan Rus rule the north east having eliminated Novgorod and the Cumans. The Mongols have a solid block of an Empire East of Isfahan, and Norway holds all of Scandinavia minus Arhus.

The current geopolitical climate of the game thus far is a perpetual 1984esque 3 way war between the HRE, the Russians and the Mongols with Norway switching alliances with me to Russia and then to me again and sometimes the Mongols making very little gains in the way of besieging Helsinki, Riga, Edinburgh, Inverness, Stettin, Thorn, Arhus and Novgorod only to lose it again to either Russia or the HRE.

The Mongols always sends full stacked armies invading into Iraq and Armenia besieging the cities there and if successful occupying them until the HRE or Russia attempt to retake them, Russia always tries to go for Georgia and Armenia while the HRE go for Baghdad, Mosul, Raqqa, Edessa and Basra.

And the Russians are always keen on sending full stacked navies and armies into the former lands of Byzantium and trying to take Constantinople, Nicae, Sinope, Trebinzod, and send armies across Poland and Lithuania into Prussia, Pomerania, Moravia and Bohemia, Poland even though they are my vassal is always neutral in these fights with Russia and lets the Russians waltz on through with five or six full stacked armies. And I honestly think the Russians don't bother with the Poles or the Lithuanians, like for 50 turns they haven't attacked them and just walk right passed them.

Funny enough, the Caliphate of Baghdad and Egypt keep sending Imams to convert my provinces into Islam and I keep having to assassinate them, while the Mongols do the same, but they are still strongly pagan and haven't converted to Islam so that's cool.

Regards to the family tree dynamic I have solidly kept Heinrich's bloodline still strong and going through a succession of male heirs starting with Henry, then onto his son Sigismund, Lorenz, Friedrich, Dieter and Harold the current Emperor of the HRE. Sadly Harold is anywhere near his predecessors and is the most horrible monarch I've ever had! Harold is a foreign fruitcake lover who is too well groomed, unmanly, dislikes the sight of blood, he keeps dipping his hands into the Imperial coffers, while also having very low authority and is a horrible general. Harold only has one son with his Wife Anita of Armenia named Otto, and now his wife is cucking him so hard that Harold now has the title "The Cuckold" to add to his list of shame. I honestly think Otto ain't Harold's son and for all I know Otto could be the bastard child of Hans the Royal Stablebuck...Emperor Sigismund the Great weeps as he rolls in his grave....

Overall I love the current mod, minus the minor bug with one building, and I look forward to playing the new release when it drops, and hopefully play as another faction and create the Venetian Empire and the Selvonian Dynasty
    Last edited by KasierStahl; February 28, 2018 at 12:55 AM.

Thanks for a fun read. Really enjoyed hearing about your well going campaign.

Are you on the 2.6 or the 2.7 version now?

Author of
    Developer of

@4zumi

It's the 2.6 been playing it solidly, and you're welcome of the current campaign story I'm involved with

@4zumi

Hey Zumi any progress on the new mod update? :o

I was busy with work and am now a bit bedridden.
    But have a look at the "Once more with feeling" thread. I posted a small update.

Author of
    Developer of