Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Submod] March and Engage. for v1.2.3e

Default Re: [Submod] March and Engage. for V1.2.2g

- I have 2 armies that are quite close together but not quiet within "Deploy" distance. I put 1 army into "March", move just a little bit, then cannot change to Deploy even though lots of AP left. Is that always the case
    Always Yes. I think vanilla would be the same. In case of that Just Use Deploy. Deploy stance assume tactical maneuver, March! stance does strategic one.

- Does this affect fleet movement for port attack? I see AI armies sail close to my port and then leave without attacking.
    AI would have considered that they would gonna lose battle or busy for another plan. not movement issue, especially at sea. It is the other matter on land. Weather, Supply.

- AI seems to remain in March stance when they are blocked by enemy zone of control?
    I think that is related to first question.
    Last edited by ragnar23; January 09, 2018 at 11:49 AM.

Default Re: [Submod] March and Engage. for V1.2.2e (Update)

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar23 View Post
    Attachment 350197

Done. But I did not proper test since I'm not interested in DV right now.
    Hey Ragnar - looks like M&E for DV is not working. When you select the army, you can put it in the March option but it will not move. Can you have a look? I got used to playing with M&E in DeI and want to try DV with your mod!!

Update: I switched from DV to DeI and loaded your non-DV mod. Now the problem is that the Deploy stance says "-80% Campaign Movement when at Sea"

Update II: Looks like there is a compatibility problem with 12 Turns Per Year sub-mod for DeI. When this sub-mod is removed, your mod seems to behave normally again.
    Last edited by MrMerisi; January 11, 2018 at 06:05 PM.

Hey Ragnar - looks like M&E for DV is not working. When you select the army, you can put it in the March option but it will not move. Can you have a look? I got used to playing with M&E in DeI and want to try DV with your mod!!
    I had a look, March stance does work.

Update: I switched from DV to DeI and loaded your non-DV mod. Now the problem is that the Deploy stance says "-80% Campaign Movement when at Sea"
    It looks like DEI team increased the movement range of navy so i decreased that. It has nothing do with army on land. Only at sea, as transport ship.

Update II: Looks like there is a compatibility problem with 12 Turns Per Year sub-mod for DeI. When this sub-mod is removed, your mod seems to behave normally again.
    My best bet is the matter that a Campaign start from winter. An army which has deploy stance could barely leave out of ZOC during the middle of the winter. 12 Turns Per Year means ... you will get the idea. It is not compatibility problem. My mod Just make it hardcore. The good news are moving is still possible via March! stance, couldn't initiate siege/pitched battle though. There is an exception like an army which has +movement range bonus on the matter. It will somewhat prevent too early expansion with 12 Turns Per Year. I guess your first question is not relate to march but deploy stance.
    Last edited by ragnar23; January 12, 2018 at 12:35 AM.

I had a look, March stance does work.

It looks like DEI team increased the movement range of navy so i decreased that. It has nothing do with army on land. Only at sea, as transport ship.

My best bet is the matter that a Campaign start from winter. An army which has deploy stance could barely leave out of ZOC during the middle of the winter. 12 Turns Per Year means ... you will get the idea. It is not compatibility problem. My mod Just make it hardcore. The good news are moving is still possible via March! stance, couldn't initiate siege/pitched battle though. There is an exception like an army which has +movement range bonus on the matter. It will somewhat prevent too early expansion with 12 Turns Per Year. I guess your first question is not relate to march but deploy stance.
    @Ragnar I just loaded only DeI and your mod (before it). Deploy is limited to ZOC on turn 1. On turn 2, an army already in Deploy can move at least 2x the ZOC distance. I am running no other mods.

Are you getting the same or what could be the problem?

The uploaded one is for v1.2.2f. Of course it must be compatibility problem then. But.. I'm not using DV. It will be required many times for proper test. It is supposed to be done while enjoying the game. Supporting submod of submod is too much, since DEI team update periodically. I want to focus on my project. Sorry, but This will be last support. I will upload later.
    Last edited by ragnar23; January 12, 2018 at 01:54 AM.

The problem I am having is that M&E for 1.2.2g is not working for just DeI.

M&E for DV is actually working now.

I see. no need to update for DV then. I will have a look for latest DEI.

I see. no need to update for DV then. I will have a look for latest DEI.
    DV: The only issue now is that the ZOC is very small (possibly because of the impact of M&E on 24 TPY?)

DeI Vanilla: Deploy mode has a very large movement radius.

Thanks!

I think it is pointless making a submod which i can not support, since i'm not using DV. I'm done with it
    Last edited by ragnar23; January 13, 2018 at 05:09 AM.

Very good mod and realistic too. Peoples must think twice what to do with theirs marching army before engagement. Please, keep eyes on and update if needed. Thanks a lot.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Ah, forgot about that, is this mod good? never tried it.
    I'll check with PFM how it works.

boblikesoup's Avatar Civis

Just tested this. The March stance replaced Patrol

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Pay attention that most probably it will overwrite some new values/strings into db part.
    Could be secondary things only, dunno yet, I'll have to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Pay attention that most probably it will overwrite some new values/strings into db part.
    Could be secondary things only, dunno yet, I'll have to check.
    And then tell us what's the difference from 'standard' DeI patrol stance.

Jake, I have a question: can be figure out to replace raiding stance with patrol stance ? Because in own territory always you cannot raid and the stance button is grayed out. Raiding is for enemy land. So, I guess using a script would be easy to enable DEI patrol stance in place of Raiding stance. What do you say ?

Maybe the author Ragnar can tell us about that issue !?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; August 01, 2018 at 03:41 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

leonardusius
    You know that you can edit your posts, right ?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; August 01, 2018 at 03:42 AM.

Default Re: [Submod] March and Engage. for V1.2 (Update)

Updated for v1.2.3e

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: [Submod] March and Engage. for V1.2 (Update)

Updated for v1.2.3e
    Thanks for the heads up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123