Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] March and Engage. for v1.2.3e

Default [Submod] March and Engage. for v1.2.3e

Separated Army/naval unit action to 2 phase. March and Engage.
    How?
    1. recover forch march and double time stance.
    2. reduce default stance movement range.

Force march or DT can't initiate attack
    Only default Stance can attack But very Short range.

So in general, it goes to 2 phase. March and engage.
    It meant no sudden attack, no 1 turn occupy, no suicidal move.
    Gather forces and carefully decide engage or run away. Near allied forces are counted.

Latest version
    @@@_1.2.3e_march&engage.pack.7z

Old Version

patch19 V1.2.2g
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

patch18 V1.2.2f

patch17 version
    Last edited by ragnar23; September 22, 2018 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Update

Default Re: [Submod] March and Engage. for V1.2

Cool idea. Will the AI use it? I.e. does this mean no 1 turn occupation from them?

Of Course. It's made for AI.

Cool. Same turn occupation (and naval occupation) always bothered me. The AI should have to siege like in Rome 1. Now they can just walk in anywhere as they please. It's impossible to defend a larger empire, such as in a punic war situation.
    Is the AI smart enough to use it, or will they crouch around in default stance? As I remember, forced march was removed because the AI couldn't use it right.

AI use it Very well in my mod. because they have time to see opponent move and it' strength.

Seems to me to be a pretty interesting mod. I'm assuming that he is savegame compatible?

It changes stances, so yes.

Think about simulation of a historical campaign. Invaders march toward some place. defenders goes there. Next turn 3 option remain. Just deplay and engage, encamp and call for help, run away.

Centenarius

Thank you ragnar23, just what I was looking for.

I'd love to hear some thoughts about my mod and experience. it may be more appropriate to introduce my mod since I'm not good at english

Well... doesn't work for me. Game doesn't load, loading screen lasts eternity and Rome II stops working. Same with slower battles.

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

I like the idea of this mod, the only problem I have with the way it works is that if I fail to capture a city during a siege my army/armies will be destroyed because they cannot retreat. Is this because of a lack of movement points?

I like the idea of this mod, the only problem I have with the way it works is that if I fail to capture a city during a siege my army/armies will be destroyed because they cannot retreat. Is this because of a lack of movement points?
    Haven't you try march stance?

Well... doesn't work for me. Game doesn't load, loading screen lasts eternity and Rome II stops working. Same with slower battles.
    I don't know why.
    Last edited by ragnar23; November 22, 2017 at 05:04 AM.

Beedo83 / Ah do you mean forced retreat after lost battle? I'm not sure when siege battle, but when you lost field battle you will see you can still retreat.

I do love the purpose behind this but I am a little bit put off by the fact that the Marching stance gives +40% movement range. It feels like you can march too far, the mod gives the defender too much breathing room with the increased marching range.

+40% thing also good for attacker. Still it is defender favour as you speak. It's slow down to make progress. There is many mods for limit early expansion. This mod do it indirectly.
    Someone complain about sluggish transport movement. And like Seleucid Empire, The vast country more movement is better. 1 turn is 3 month. The actual army can move even more I guess. Also it is game. i should consider basic game concept. so I do -40% default stance so +40 to march stance. If someone tell tactical and fun part of meaning for specific + X% movement I will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Havenite Lannister View Post
    Same. Could it be that it doesn't work with the latest beta version of DeI, or maybe it's loading in the wrong order for some reason?

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar23 View Post
    Beedo83 / Ah do you mean forced retreat after lost battle? I'm not sure when siege battle, but when you lost field battle you will see you can still retreat.
    Yes, I had retreated from a siege I was holding. I clicked the lift siege button and both the army holding the siege plus a reinforcing army were lost entirely.

This sub-mod does not seem to work anymore. Is it possible to update it? Thanks!

Default Re: [Submod] March and Engage. for V1.2 (Update)

This sub-mod does not seem to work anymore. Is it possible to update it? Thanks!
    Updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast