Thread: How do i remove the "rejected General" trait as carthage?

Default How do i remove the "rejected General" trait as carthage?

Two rebel stacks devaste a province but i have only zero star generals because of the rejected General trait.

Raiuga's Avatar Civis

Default Re: How do i remove the "rejected General" trait as carthage?

Carthage has an unique offices system that is really great for roleplay and gives your characters several traits with awesome advantages administration and military wise. It really makes it like you are inside carthagian politics of the time great stuff.

EB 2.3 Player guide (that you find here at the forum or at your eb II directory) covers all the offices traits available for carthage.
    For your question, based on my experience, Carthage has two stances "at peace" or "at war". When you start a campaign you're "at war" stance, but after some turns (if you don't go to war with anyone), you receive a message stating that carthage is "at peace" and that all generals should reject their command.

There are 4 offices (traits) that gives you the "Elected General" trait, being, "Ish 'al' Arast" (Province Governor), Rab Mahnet (Main General), Rab Sheni (Deputy General) and War Leader. The first 3 are based on elections and the last one can be selected by the player when war breaks between Carthage and another faction.

When you are "at peace" stance, you can only have "Ish 'al' Arast" to fight battles that should (roleplaywise) only command their city garrisons. FM that can be elected for "Ish 'al' Arast" have "election for Ish 'al' Arast" trait and the election is done in a province that has a factional gov installed (no allied gov or native, I think), and it can take some turns to the "win" the election (only one for province). When you are "at war" elections for Rab Mahnet and Rab Sheni are available at Carthage (just leave a FM with the "Election for Rab Mahnet/Sheni" at carthage for a turn and they should be elected).

For my experience when you are at war you will have many "Elected Generals" in your ranks, more than you need. Also, if you choose a War Leader at the beginning of a war with another faction you won't (most likely) get a Rab Mahnet elected, only Rab Sheni. Another thing, when a FM comes of age they always have a "Election for Rab Sheni" trait and if you leave them in carthage for one turn they will most likely get elected. Don't know why it does that, but I think it shouldn't and thats why I always school my young FM outside carthage.

In my current campaign I have the opposite problem where I have a lot of generals and what I really want are governors (you cant have "Ish 'al' Arast" and "Rab Sheni/Mahnet at the same time).

Sorry for the long post, hope it helps, and maybe others can give you more info based in their knowledge or experience.

Note: You are always at war with the rebels so they don't count for the stance change, but I experienced that if you blockade a rebel port you will receive a "At war" message.
    Last edited by Raiuga; October 31, 2017 at 06:08 PM.

Default Re: How do i remove the "rejected General" trait as carthage?

You need to be at war and hope your general gets elected for general. Besieging a rebel settlement will work to trigger the elections.