Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: NEW DBM development:Testing phase of DBM 2.0

Default Re: NEW DBM development: info & previews (prior to release)

Sure, I just meant it is still the DBM map, only reduced to adjust more reasonably to the settlement limits and the general scope of the new build.

Quote Originally Posted by selv View Post
    Can you develop on this stability issue? Many things have changed since the old version but I never played it and going over old bugs threads didn't help me much to figure out what bugs could have been left in the old 1.2. All I can say is that my short play tests didn't make surfacing any bugs but I can't really make a full play so...

I almost was tempted to delete the legions names since I don't see the use but luckily for those that may like it, I must have thought it was too much lines to delete for nothing...
    i wouldlove it if you would remove the legions names, and are the legionaires have restricted area's to recruit? i don't liked that because it put the romans in a disadvantage in other regions.

ehm, the legionnaires are already aor based, each legion in its area/province of service, lik the Gaulish, the Brithish, the African and so on: this is hor historical reasons, at the end... Btw, when you conquer regions outside of the "true Roman Empire", you'll have the auxiliary corps filling the gaps: as of now, regarding the Augustian Reform, there are two footed, one mounted and one missile (apart the Syrian archer corp): in case, if there is need and space left, I could add some last auxiliary corps in these out-of-empire regions, but generally the aor system of barracks provides plenty of local soldiers... Then, due to the new map, other rosters have been moved to either mercs or aor, like Aksum for example, while with the Han we still have doubt if to keep them or not...

As said, if I delete them, I find the last space for the auxiliaries... it depends (I'm out of space atm, I need to delete stuff) xD

Yes, we are too busy to have gotten on rebalancing the general gameplay yet, but aor will remain for all factions. It makes sense to have to recruit differents troops in other's land, beside it's also good for the ai if done right. But I can't say exactly how this will be different from the old version, since it's Rafmc system. And it is 4 turns a year now, so it give time not to blitz. Beside romans have a whole new bunch of within aspects to deal with, including civils wars with reals emergents factions. Some historicals and some depending on gameplay.

edit, you are the one making them so you decide rafmc, but I think romans have more than enough units, beside all the bonus strat gameplay. If you find more space in the EDU at the end, I would suggest to keep it for other factions...
    Last edited by selv; November 10, 2017 at 09:48 AM.

mhm, yes, that was the point, basically...

In case I manage to save what can be saved, I'll think about the auxiliaries as last resort, otherwise hehe amen for them!

For the other factions, mhm, I think they are balanced all now, last one dealing the Norics so they have their unique roster too (no Gauls inside)... Then, ok, in later occasion we'll see about extra additional aor or auxiliaries, I keep it in mind

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    mhm, yes, that was the point, basically...
    Yep but you doubled me while I was typing and testing a script at the same time. Else, no need to delete any more units, even the hans could somehow fit in the saka roster, or just in very rare rebels stacks after all?

ok, I should refrain then, I was tempted though... Hence, mhm, I need to survive with the few Xiongnu left, as I deleted all the rest that could be deleted (also one-seat Elephants, only the tower ones are in)...
    Btw, for saka I added a few extra axe troops, hence for now let's say we keep the Han as pure mercenaries and local rebels (not aor) of the steppes (hey, why not an invasion script too with them?), then later on we'll re-valuate whether to erase them to gain places (they are 13 around, a last resort to consider)..

I have the new environments, I will merge them as soon as I finish some big scripts/ testings that took me all day. I will look at merging the traits too. Thanks, rafmc.
    About a new full build, must be possible but mega uploading speed is not nice with me, I coudn't even upload the DBM BI because it would have take three days...

I will retry, let me know when you are done with the units, and I will reupload one way or the other.

edit: But take your time, I can use some too.
    Last edited by selv; November 10, 2017 at 11:34 AM.

ok, got it!

While for the DBM BI files don't worry, IBII has everything they needed...

Great!

EPIC NEWS!

CareBearKiller's Avatar Laetus

Sounds Good.

Soon I'll throw other pics of the map, models and UIs... the mod is being renewed properly

I Hope you can Update the City Modells of Roman Faction. In the actaul Version it have Textures from Middle Age Citys. Can you read with the EB 2 Team to add their Textures for the City?

Rafmc has graphics update for everything. This must really be a long time that I played but currently DBM 'old' graphics looks just fine for antiquity? From which cities do you mean, strat map or battle?

Yes, the battle map sieges are a thing we are trying to improve too...

Basically, the goal is to fill the wide spaces that you were seeing in the cities with structures always present, whether constructed or not on the battlefield...

Then, yep, I'll try to bring new building models too, although this is quite difficult, but at least the textures are being renewed all, don't worry...

I know in EBII they did an awesome work with battle maps!... but the current DBM ones are all fitting the timeframe (apart some ambient buildings still vanilla based)... hence, yep, we'll try to replace what left from vanilla with proper architecture...

Whereas on the strat map, yes, everything is being renewed for map textures and settlement/resource models

A new preview of 18 pics published on MoDDB, here the link for reference:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/de-bello-mundi

Other preview of 17 pics on ModDB, here the link:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/de-bello-mundi

A first release is in sight, more info to follow...

Hi Rafmc - is there any way to lighten the turn times in DBM? I was playing a few campaigns in the old version, but even just a few turns in I felt like I was waiting forever between turns. I'm not sure what scripts are to blame (I assume it's scripts), but it was my only major turn-off for the game.

Yes we already took care of that.

By changing the scripting system (in phase of completion for a first release, then a few additions might follow) and the new map (severely reduced in size), for now I have quick turn passages..