Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: NEW DBM development:Testing phase of DBM 2.0

Default Re: NEW DBM development: info & previews (prior to release)

"Io so de Rroma" (my Roman dialect, which in Italian is "sono di Roma"), hence yes I'm Roman

Btw, nono way, you are enemy of Rome, you chose that "b....t" of Cleopatra instead of sharing power with Octavianus, eh no it's bad! xD

Btw, apart funny things, my dear Marc Anthony ok I'm gonna throw the full list of game-start characters asap, time to make the list of them... Yes, please, the bio only with descriptions of what they did in the timeframe (321 BC - 14 AD)... It's amazing you have such a complete library of the ancients, I admire you, really!!

Whereas, about province info, yes, we used those slots for more "meaty" structures, linked to the guilds of the game... no way to revert back, Marc "enemy" Anthony

So, list of characters incoming (then, I will make some heros from them)

ok, so Marc Anthony (and if someone else want to put descriptions of bios) I attach the file txt containing all the chatacters at game start (you see both characters and agents)... of course, due to the new map and timeframe, many characters are "off-time"...
    Garamantes are invaders from off-map, some bios are good to have, the Republican supporters are spawning (bios of figures like Cassius, Pompeus, Brutus?), as regards SPQR, instead, is going to be located in Rome (some names of senators of that time is good to have)... and I attached 30 or so pics of the map showing all the areas of the campaign, so you have the full panorama for the bios... from your bios I will create heros with special powers, hence.

Mhm, you can attach here the descriptions of the characters, or send me a file with the texts... then I will make the characters' traits... as we agreed, bios will be without effects, the powers are already enough..
    Attached Files Attached Files

No worry, Hohenstaufen. Thanks for your help and remember that Cleopatra wanted to fool you into suicide to save her skinny self... Hm, she was alright too in the show, the actress wasn't that beautiful(though not ugly either eh), it gave something else to her performance and somehow I imagine that the real Cleopatra was close enough to the depiction. What a irony, Ptolemee won power by a impresive serie of treatury, and his last descendants got a similar fate, being betrayed... Still, how the hell did Cleopatra thought that her son could ever gain anything else than death by keeping to proclaim him Caesar's son is beyond me. She had this cruel naïve side if you ask me, like many power seeker.

Back to the mod, Rafmc, I got the new file and will answer your pm here. I am ready to merge, no more chasing tails with the traits, you will see there are some old antitraits left but those are not that important and irrelevant to the new, so they can wait a more relax time.

On the oracles, they will stay part of the hidden faction, it's really the simplest for their spawns and I have scripts that work for their missions.
    I didn't get the chance to do any more progress on the descr_strat so you can use this one safely, I will adapt if I need something in there.
    SPQR, I re-scripted it that way, Romans start with only Rome, then they get a mission right away to take Capua. Once they have it or a other settlement, the senate emerge and take control of Rome, allied to romani. They will come back if they are defeated and romani control Rome, else there will be a mission to retake the city, if some barbarians take it.

I adapted the civil wars in consequence, though for now, the senate being on map is only for the player, I need to think more on how to make it work for the ai without taking the chance of confusing it.

So here is my program, I merge and test on your last files, then I send you all I have new saturday at late. Most Historic scripts will still be missing except the firsts, but I will have time to re-integrate most of those about ready next week before launching the beta. If you need, I can already send you the EDA and EDCT tomorow so you see the traits/ancs parts of the new systems.

Edit, got your last descr_strat, so we keep guaramantia, Rivalis and SPQR dead at turn 0, it's important.
    Last edited by selv; December 21, 2017 at 04:09 PM.

ook, send me when you're done, sure

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    ok, so Marc Anthony (and if someone else want to put descriptions of bios) I attach the file txt containing all the chatacters at game start (you see both characters and agents)... of course, due to the new map and timeframe, many characters are "off-time"...
    Garamantes are invaders from off-map, some bios are good to have, the Republican supporters are spawning (bios of figures like Cassius, Pompeus, Brutus?), as regards SPQR, instead, is going to be located in Rome (some names of senators of that time is good to have)... and I attached 30 or so pics of the map showing all the areas of the campaign, so you have the full panorama for the bios... from your bios I will create heros with special powers, hence.

Mhm, you can attach here the descriptions of the characters, or send me a file with the texts... then I will make the characters' traits... as we agreed, bios will be without effects, the powers are already enough..
    I thank thee for the trust, and the char, pics and map files. Then i can plan where to start working
    Now with christmas and all it may be a little slow. But i will start working tomorrow and into christmas eve, from there i can send you what i have done so far and maybe you can give me a quick word what you think about it.

Where are you guys from irl? Are you both guys "Romans" Italians i mean And one more question, is it you two that´s working "full time" so to speak on the new development of the mod or how many is it involved in the making of it?
    Besides this is my first attempt making something for any Total War game. But i have the willpower, stamina and strength to start learn how to mod. So i am really looking forward to contribute knowledge to something. Because i have always wanted to
    learn how mod TW games. So maybe this is the start of something really good. And i have a really good feeling of this one, and i won´t let none of you down, thats a promise!

Happy Christmas to all of you. And thank you for really picking up and working on this project again. DBM is already a really superb mod, but a mod can always be more polished and upgraded a bit at a time

And to all, i am sorry for the Donations of Alexandria i blame my witch and power seeking wife for that!

Haha, nice words thanks! )

Of course, now Christams is coming, and hey Happy xmas (although a bit in advance), then I'll repeat the wishes...

Take it a nice thing to do for leisure, hence only and exclusively when you have time, no worry at all...

Full time yes two, and another profile who helps from time to time..but when one is motivated, you do everything

And, about bios, yes as I said very short texts (do not stresson them), and you can put the texts in a word file with the name for each character or agent, and then we copy-paste in traits... that's it

then, hehe, you could learn other things, why not.....

Where am I from? It's a state secret. My life depend on it you know.

Don't underestimate the time saver it is to have someone doing research and writing text we can just copy paste, you will be welcome to re-write some of my own text for historic events, attributes or traits if you feel like it during the beta testing or after. I sort of speed up for these things, not giving it a lot of thought when it is simply a little part of several scripting aspects.

No, but I mean the research support is life-safer for us, no doubt at all!!!

Hence, yes, a word file with the texts is by far already enough, then we transport in the txts... TY!

Quote Originally Posted by selv View Post
    Sure, Killiat. It could. Anybody is free to do it, the old DBM won't disappear. However we have differents takes on the new DBM. Remember that it's all about taste.
    DBM has always been there for someone to retake it or do something different with it and this 'policy' won't change with us.

Edit, I don't know what was the stability problem with the old version but the new seem very stable, though we had no time to play a real playthrough. Beta testers will be welcome soon now, we will let you know.
    wel if i had to lead this mod i would expand the map further east to include ancient China.... a chinese- roman war would be pretty fun to see and you could implement the silk road into the game.
    to the units: i would remake the roman unit roster to have more unit slots, al those "historical" legionairy names are fun, but in another mod called "expanded americas" each unit has a legio name to, named after the settlement you created them, that could substitute the historical units used in the old DBM. these free slots are then ready to use for some new chinese units. that is what i would do, but like you said it is a matter of taste. and i don't have the proper skillset to modify myself so i'll have to go with the flow

eh look I see...
    the old DBM was already taking Xiongnu and the Han units... but we decided to narrow the campaign context: sometimes, at least for gameplay, excessive space can be a downgrade (speaking for AI and its moves and approach), the player well it's ok...

All Xiongnu and Indians have been removed to find the space we used to add all the new ones, now we finished those spaces...
    We might find a very few slots for the future if we delete the Han roster... this is the latest resource we keep for now (they are only mercenaries, 12 slots) in case other units (maybe AOR) are needed... although we see all rosters completed atm, but of course suggestions are always good... while you'll be playing, sure, you could suggest those 12 other units you wanna see...

Whereas, about the silk road, yes it's still present, you'll have the "caravans" buildings to build in the areas where the road exists...

While about the legionaries, eh mhm, those models were already in, and now all of them have been retexured, and their AOR places have been revisited too: all in all, we keep them (a legion, in ancient time, was an institution by itself, if we want, so it's realistic to have them all in the areas where they fought and conquered for Rome)...
    Moreover, yes, I already took your advice of the legionary names, now all units get the title according to where they are recruited (the settlement where they raise)...

But the Chinese, mhm, they won't appear anymore... to have a real Chinese mod (which is an amazing timeperiod too), there would e need to have a mod almost exclusive for them (I think there are a few ones about the story of the Three Kingdoms)...

Quote Originally Posted by killiat_thegreat View Post
    wel if i had to lead this mod i would expand the map further east to include ancient China.... a chinese- roman war would be pretty fun to see and you could implement the silk road into the game.
    to the units: i would remake the roman unit roster to have more unit slots, al those "historical" legionairy names are fun, but in another mod called "expanded americas" each unit has a legio name to, named after the settlement you created them, that could substitute the historical units used in the old DBM. these free slots are then ready to use for some new chinese units. that is what i would do, but like you said it is a matter of taste. and i don't have the proper skillset to modify myself so i'll have to go with the flow
    I would love a map covering the known world of the time, and you know, it could work if we kept CA philosophy of global campaigns in general. All focused on battles and easy conquests with big empires under-represented, smaller factions crushed in two battles, very fast pace where you don't have to bother too much with roleplay and consequences of your general's action. A game of coloring the map in other words.

However past the first playthrough and first impressions, for me, there were never any point into replaying rome 1 or medieval 2, and other's people mods never suited me much better or I woudn't mod, I would gladly play them instead.

The beta, then the first version, are just that, with already a lot of new and reworked features, but it won't be the final, especially in matter of the campaign ai. The CAI currently in the build is a temporary mesure that Rafmc had in store to integrate faster that I could to keep working on my own CAI, which, I strongly think so, should destroy the 'legends' of the so called limited possibilities of M2 engine in diplomacy, factions reactivity and more.

I had to freeze it to work on getting the first version ready to launch but I will get back on it after. And even aside of taste matters, this ai just woudn't work well on a too huge map that will always be limited to 199 regions, no matter how hard you try to spread them or convince yourself that you have a bigger world, this is simply not possible.

haha...oook then...

In due time I wanna see your way of doing AIs (to see this difference with what currently exists on the MII panorama), but first let's concentrate on the tasks pre-release...

yeah, if CA ever want to upgrade mediaval 2 engine that it can handle more of everything(if it is even possible). but they won't probably do that, because of more commercial reasons

Default Re: NEW DBM development: info & previews (link is about to be uploaded)

last preview before releasing on ModDB:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/de-bello-mundi

we're gonna open soon a dedicated thread for the testing phase before we release the official build of the game... For the testers who want to play, please specify in that thread...

Domesticus

Ok!

Io vorrei fare da tester. ;-)

bene bene, giungiti alla lista quando il dl è pronto

Is it still 2 turns per year?

It was one turn a year. It's four turns a year now.

Default Re: NEW DBM development:Testing phase of DBM 2.0

The new testing phase of DBM 2.0 is OUT!

Here DL:

http://https://mega.nz/#!ssVgzTaA!WH...apgPyH61HvgzGs

Check new CHANGELOG on ModDB official page:

Foor the testers who want to play, please specify the faction, game difficulty and type of campaign... For the rest, free gaming as usual is ok... Have critic behavior, we are here to develop afterall

Domesticus

Default Re: NEW DBM development:Testing phase of DBM 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    The new testing phase of DBM 2.0 is OUT!

Here DL:

http://https://mega.nz/#!ssVgzTaA!WH...apgPyH61HvgzGs

Check new CHANGELOG on ModDB official page:

Foor the testers who want to play, please specify the faction, game difficulty and type of campaign... For the rest, free gaming as usual is ok... Have critic behavior, we are here to develop afterall
    Non mi fa raggiungere il sito del DL. Forse c'è qualche errore nell'indirizzo url.