Thread: More Lore accurate Alliances

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

Default More Lore accurate Alliances

I was wondering if there is a way to make the game more lore accurate by having certain factions that were allies in the lore not going to war with one another. Doesnt seem very lore accurate to have High Elves attacking Silvan Elves or Lórien, Rohan attacking Gondor or Dunlanders fighting Isengard. In TATW if you are allied with a faction you cannot attack it unless you first remove the alliance with a diplomat. In the original vanilla RTW the Roman factions were unable to go to war with each other until a certain turn, maybe that could be also implemented in LOTRTW?

Default Re: More Lore accurate Alliances

We were unable to do it better. We even used a background script to force the AI alliances every turn, but AI can still break the alliances and attack, and the script just restores the alliances the next turn.

There is also a script available to force the AI to accept any offer from your Diplomat, useful to keep your alliances close to the lore.
    When in diplomatic scroll, click question mark (help button), click advisor portrait, and then click show me how button.
    Then they will accept any offer you made.

In the original vanilla RTW the Roman factions were unable to go to war with each other until a certain turn, maybe that could be also implemented in LOTRTW?
    We also tried it, but unfortunately, it is a hardcoded effect linked to the presence of the senate that can not be used in this mod.

Bardo, I believe that alliance is kept by 1 main thing: balance of power. When you are stronger than you ally, your ally will not betray you. Can you make it so that the ally sees you 10x stronger than you really are?

Quote Originally Posted by Shield View Post
    Bardo, I believe that alliance is kept by 1 main thing: balance of power. When you are stronger than you ally, your ally will not betray you.
    I agree. I think the best you play the first turns in the campaign, the less chances you have of being betrayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shield View Post
    Can you make it so that the ally sees you 10x stronger than you really are?
    I do not think that is possible.
    Once, I suggested to use cheats to increase the gold in the treasure, so the AI thinks you are more powerful, but someone tested it with no luck to avoid betrayals, as far as I remember.