Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help to change diplomacy

Default Re: Help to change diplomacy

I dont think that is from that tga file, it happens no matter who dies

This is from manual battle where I win :

Code:
    18:54:43.921 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <FinallyBecomesFactionHeir> fired18:54:43.922 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/ebii/data/ui/cul_1/portraits/portraits/dead/067.tga (from: E:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:54:43.922 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/ebii/data/ui/cul_1/portraits/portraits/dead/067.tga (from: E:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:54:43.922 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/ebii/data/ui/cul_1/portraits/portraits/dead/067.tga (from: E:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:54:43.923 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/ebii/data/ui/cul_1/portraits/portraits/dead/067.tga (from: E:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:54:43.923 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/ebii/data/ui/cul_1/portraits/portraits/dead/067.tga (from: E:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:54:43.925 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/ebii/data/ui/cul_1/portraits/portraits/dead/022.tga (from: E:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:54:43.925 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/ebii/data/ui/cul_1/portraits/portraits/dead/022.tga (from: E:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:54:43.926 [system.rpt] [error] Unspecified error. Please compress your error log in a zip format and upload it on the EBII technical help forum.
    This one is when I was defeated in autoresolve :
    Code:
    8:54:43.921 18:57:48.270 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <HellenicLeaderBecomesBasileus> fired18:57:48.270 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <FinallyBecomesFactionLeader> fired
    18:57:48.271 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <HellenicHeirCeasesKleronomos> fired
    18:57:48.271 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <DisinheritedFactionHeir1> fired
    18:57:48.271 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <HellenicHeirBecomesKleronomos> fired
    18:57:48.271 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <FinallyBecomesFactionHeir> fired
    18:57:48.272 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/ebii/data/ui/cul_3/portraits/portraits/dead/070.tga (from: E:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:57:48.272 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/ebii/data/ui/cul_3/portraits/portraits/dead/070.tga (from: E:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:57:48.273 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/ebii/data/ui/cul_3/portraits/portraits/dead/070.tga (from: E:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:57:48.273 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/ebii/data/ui/cul_3/portraits/portraits/dead/070.tga (from: E:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:57:48.273 [system.rpt] [error] Unspecified error. Please compress your error log in a zip format and upload it on the EBII technical help forum.

It is not connected with that battle, it happens also when I load turn 40 and 70. With that 070.tga file

I've seen that specific one come up several times - and it's on the point of the crash exactly, not a time afterwards.

I deleted that file, but it loaded another from "young" directory so I deleted that one as well but is loading now from cul_2 directory. I don't think this will lead somewhere.

I had one problem a long time ago, where I thought it is problem with tga file, but the problem was completely different.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...115&highlight=

I think I will have to abandon this test and start over tomorrow as I cant load saves from that campaign.

0-40
    This time very peaceful start, all starting wars ended, one new started, there was short punic war, Ptolemaioi and Seleukeia kept fighting the whole time (Seleukeia captured Akko this time).

Pyrrhos declares war to Makedonia and KH in the same turn
    Saka x Baktria
    Pahlava x Sauromate
    Ptolemaioi and Nabatu Alliance pushing Seleukeia from Akko (P) and Damaskus (N)
    New Guys were destroyed
    Hayastan x Sauromate
    Carthage x Leustane
    Carthage x Ptlemaioi

Pyrrhos is still on conquest, owning most of the Peloponnese he lays siege to Athenai, but he is defeated so he attacks rebels in north and peace is made with Makedonia and KH.
    Hayastan c Sauromate
    Pahlava x Seleukeia
    Baktria x Seleukeia (Idk maybe they were in war for long)
    Numidia x Ptolemaioi - They moved with 3 armies through desert to support ally in war, but after few turns, they stopped and made peace
    KH captured Byzantion, they landed troops on my soil and started blockade. I tried to negotiate but without success. Next turn they were gone from my land so I started negotiating and they paid 2230x5 for their mistake and then they invaded Bythnia and Makedonia started a war with them.

Nabatu, Baktria c Seleukeia
    KH x Bosporos KH pushed away from Crimea
    Lugiones x Sauromate
    Hayastan cxcx Sauromate
    Pahlava c Sauromate
    Saka c Baktria
    Saba x Seleukeia
    Carthage c Ptolemaioi
    Lugiones x Boioi
    Pahlava x Saka
    Ptolemaioi c Seleukeia This was last war from start of the game
    Saba x Nabatu
    Numidian armies haven't moved, they just standing around desert

Aruernoi x AreuakoiEpeiros x Rome
    Saba c Seleukeia
    Numidia x Carthage
    Boioi x Lugiones
    Taksh x Baktria
    Epeiros c Getai x KH
    Aruernoi c Areuakoi
    Boioi c Lugiones

There are too many events as rebel provinces are captured and new neighbors are met.

Factions are (almost) reasonably long in a war in my opinion. Sometimes it is just a one-turn conflict, most of the time it takes few years, and few wars go for decades. I would maybe add one WarWeariness point required for peace-seeking for more long wars and less short ones. In most of the wars, they don't have enough time to get more than one province (or to take some provices back). Or perhaps raised the threshold for small factions, they are quickest to jump in and out from wars.
    When I look at the map of 130. turn from campaigns before and after switch fix, I don't see much of a change (Although most of the factions have just met, Peloponnesian factions are beating each other every other year and Ptolemaioi was in war with Seleukea for 25 years so I had typical starting scenario this time).

Alliances are still extremely rare. They should be more common especially for peace-seeking factions. It would also help AI to focus on a single target in several consecutive wars if they will be blocked by ally from the side. + allies are more likely to attack same faction.

Definitely sounds like they're moving back and forth between stances now.

I'll raise the threshold to 7.

No, the lack of alliances is a good thing; the AI rarely breaks them and it messes with other CAI behaviour as factions assess a potential enemy's network of alliances.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; November 03, 2017 at 07:13 PM.

How could I miss this thread until now!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post

As per another thread, there's a section that needs deleting from the descr_faction_standing.txt:

[...]

It shouldn't be there, and it's "normalising" relations towards negative over time. No idea if a change is savegame-compatible.

Maybe it's possible just to adjust values, like, say, renormalize towards 0.5 if normal and 0.0 if hard and still be savegame compatible. Or instead you are suggesting to remove this code entirely?

I can confirm the lack of alliances throughout my campaign, but I'm not testing systematically. I'm going to pay more attention to the diplomatic behaviour of the AI from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by mephiston View Post
    How could I miss this thread until now!

Maybe it's possible just to adjust values, like, say, renormalize towards 0.5 if normal and 0.0 if hard and still be savegame compatible. Or instead you are suggesting to remove this code entirely?
    No, just delete it entirely, z3n said he didn't want it in the first place, but forgot to remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by mephiston View Post
    I can confirm the lack of alliances throughout my campaign, but I'm not testing systematically. I'm going to pay more attention to the diplomatic behaviour of the AI from now on.
    Too few is better than too many, given the distorting impact they have on the CAI.

No, just delete it entirely, z3n said he didn't want it in the first place, but forgot to remove it.

Too few is better than too many, given the distorting impact they have on the CAI.

Agreed; maybe it was not evident from my post, but I was appreciating this feature. Too many times I saw AS and Ptolemaioi ceasefire, ally and then go back to war in a couple of turns in the good ol' EB1.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMadDoc View Post
    I dont think that is from that tga file, it happens no matter who dies

This is from manual battle where I win :

Code:
    18:54:43.921 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <FinallyBecomesFactionHeir> fired18:54:43.922 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/ebii/data/ui/cul_1/portraits/portraits/dead/067.tga (from: E:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:54:43.926 [system.rpt] [error] Unspecified error. Please compress your error log in a zip format and upload it on the EBII technical help forum.
    This one is when I was defeated in autoresolve :
    Code:
    8:54:43.921 18:57:48.270 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <HellenicLeaderBecomesBasileus> fired18:57:48.270 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <FinallyBecomesFactionLeader> fired
    18:57:48.271 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <HellenicHeirCeasesKleronomos> fired
    18:57:48.271 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <DisinheritedFactionHeir1> fired
    18:57:48.271 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <HellenicHeirBecomesKleronomos> fired
    18:57:48.271 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <FinallyBecomesFactionHeir> fired
    18:57:48.273 [system.rpt] [error] Unspecified error. Please compress your error log in a zip format and upload it on the EBII technical help forum.
    We're fairly certain this is linked to the known and un-solvable bug that if the FL and FH are killed in the same battle, that can cause crashes.

In that case that was other crash as In first post. I should say that first time I won that fight against rebels, my game crashed few turns later during AI turn (no log as I havent trace enabled), since then always when I try to load game. I can load only that one save on battle decision screen during siege. Here are logs from turn 40 and 70. Crash on game load, I dont fight with anyone.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi guys, I'm having the same issue, the AI doesnt send diplomats to end wars they are heavily losing. Has anyone tried to make changes to the diplomacy script or replacing it entirely to see if the changes are save compatible? I started a Rome campaign some weeks ago and I would like to keep playing it without starting all over again.

See post #14 for an update to the diplomacy script that should actually work properly - but not savegame compatible. I'm afraid generally any change will not be.

Thanks Quintus, I've already downloaded the file, how can I implement it into the game? Should I change the file's name and replace another file or copy its content and replace another file's content?

Quote Originally Posted by Chikiflin View Post
    Thanks Quintus, I've already downloaded the file, how can I implement it into the game? Should I change the file's name and replace another file or copy its content and replace another file's content?
    No, you need to open the campaign_script with Notepad++, find that section (25. Campaign AI Label Triggers) and replace it with the contents of that text file.

Thanks for your work on this, can't get any alliances in my Pontus game right now without force diplomacy.

Looking forward to the changes for my next campaign

Here's the file from post #14 with an increased threshold before "fatigue" (only a point, but it's now reflecting what's current): New diplomacy switch script v2.txt

You need to open your campaign_script with Notepad++ (NOT Windows Notepad) and replace the whole of section "25. Campaign AI Label Triggers"

As before, you also need to search out the difficulty-related section of the descr_faction_standing.txt and delete these four:

Code:
    ; Adjust the AI relationships towards each faction based on difficulty level (AI factions have normal difficulty)
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger 0092_Update_Easy_Difficulty
        WhenToTest FactionTurnStart

Condition CampaignDifficulty = easy

FactionStanding exclude_factions { } normalise 1.0 50

Trigger 0093_Update_Normal_Difficulty

Condition CampaignDifficulty = medium

FactionStanding exclude_factions { } normalise -0.5 50

Trigger 0094_Update_Hard_Difficulty

Condition CampaignDifficulty = hard

Trigger 0095_Update_Very_Hard_Difficulty

Condition CampaignDifficulty = very_hard

Last edited by QuintusSertorius; November 08, 2017 at 01:59 PM.

I did all the changes you mentioned and I'm testing a campaign with Takshashila right now. It seemed to have worked, factions now declare wars and several turns later they ask for ceasefire, which is great! One thing though, I've found a quite strange bug with this faction: whenever an invading Mauryan army enter my lands there's a high risk they will attack my cities... but the thing is that if they do they somehow manage to attack the city's garrison as if it were outside the settlement! They managed to conquer some of my cities easily by doing that. Is this a known bug or something that may be related to the changes I had to make to the files? I ask because I don't want to start another campaign and find out that this magical bug ends up applying to the rest of the factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Chikiflin View Post
    I did all the changes you mentioned and I'm testing a campaign with Takshashila right now. It seemed to have worked, factions now declare wars and several turns later they ask for ceasefire, which is great! One thing though, I've found a quite strange bug with this faction: whenever an invading Mauryan army enter my lands there's a high risk they will attack my cities... but the thing is that if they do they somehow manage to attack the city's garrison as if it were outside the settlement! They managed to conquer some of my cities easily by doing that. Is this a known bug or something that may be related to the changes I had to make to the files? I ask because I don't want to start another campaign and find out that this magical bug ends up applying to the rest of the factions.
    Do they have elephants in their army? The game treats them as though they are "siege equipment" even though that function stopped working with RTW.

That's one of the reasons we removed the elephant bodyguard for Taksashila.

Do they have elephants in their army? The game treats them as though they are "siege equipment" even though that function stopped working with RTW.

That's one of the reasons we removed the elephant bodyguard for Taksashila.
    Is there a way to script the AI so they always wait at least one turn after sieging a settlement before attacking? You know, so they build rams and stuff.

I feel like the answer is no, but I figured I'd ask.
    Last edited by Krampus; November 09, 2017 at 09:07 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast