Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Basic Guide, EB 2.3] Baktria

Default Re: [Basic Guide, EB 2.3] Baktria

Currently, there is not but it would be good if it was implemented, there is actually a trend where I put up an idea of how this could work ingame
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

What are your ideas realm56?

All revealed here in a PDF I had in this trend:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-Greek-Kingdom
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Hi, I'm playing with Baktria ( V.2.35 R3.5 ) and completing the quests to get the colonists; unfortunately I think I've run into a bug as in the last step ( conquering Chach and Bukhara ) I have both but I don't complete it.
    Now I have two questions:
    1) should I wait until the mission deadline expires - 30 turns if I remember correctly;
    2) is the fact that I already owned Chach before the mission assignment a reason for the bug;
    All this while waiting for the turns to pass and still paying the 3000 to the Seleucids.... damn, could someone please clarify this for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattus View Post
    Hi, I'm playing with Baktria ( V.2.35 R3.5 ) and completing the quests to get the colonists; unfortunately I think I've run into a bug as in the last step ( conquering Chach and Bukhara ) I have both but I don't complete it.
    Now I have two questions:
    1) should I wait until the mission deadline expires - 30 turns if I remember correctly;
    2) is the fact that I already owned Chach before the mission assignment a reason for the bug;
    All this while waiting for the turns to pass and still paying the 3000 to the Seleucids.... damn, could someone please clarify this for me?
    I cannot give you a definite answer to these questions but as for (2) I can tell you that the very first mission (conquering Alexandreia Eschate) fails even if you just started sieging it before the mission was handed to you. So already owning a target could indeed break the mission, I suspect.
    But: from a strategical point of view it is the better option to not conquer any of those two provinces right at the start, anyway.
    Both the Saka and the Pahlava make very formidable enemies and you are not in a position to fight both at the same time - not while you are still paying tribute, have no real infrastructure and, most important of all, no ressources to support the three armies necessary to defend Chach, Bukhara and Marakanda.
    I haven't been able to play a really long Baktria campaign in 2.35 R3.5 yet - but from the 150 turns I managed to play I can confirm that making peace with the Saka (and allying with them the next turn), heavily fortifying Marakanda (hoplites!) and leaving Chach and Bukhara as fighting ground for the two nomad factions gives you the necessary peace/freedom to develop your provinces and to break away from the AS.

I applied the same strategy I described in this old guide in the starting post and it still works.

Even without conquering Chach and Bukhara you'll have 4 colony points - which is more than enough to develop Baktrias polis into a metropolis. And that route is still the fastest and most convenient way to get colonists of your own.
    Last edited by Shadowwalker; August 22, 2022 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowwalker View Post
    I cannot give you a definite answer to these questions but as for (2) I can tell you that the very first mission (conquering Alexandreia Eschate) fails even if you just started sieging it before the mission was handed to you. So already owning a target could indeed break the mission, I suspect.
    But: from a strategical point of view it is the better option to not conquer any of those two provinces right at the start, anyway.
    Both the Saka and the Pahlava make very formidable enemies and you are not in a position to fight both at the same time - not while you are still paying tribute, have no real infrastructure and, most important of all, no ressources to support the three armies necessary to defend Chach, Bukhara and Marakanda.
    I haven't been able to play a really long Baktria campaign in 2.35 R3.5 yet - but from the 150 turns I managed to play I can confirm that making peace with the Saka (and allying with them the next turn), heavily fortifying Marakanda (hoplites!) and leaving Chach and Bukhara as fighting ground for the two nomad factions gives you the necessary peace/freedom to develop your provinces and to break away from the AS.

I applied the same strategy I described in this old guide in the starting post and it still works.

Even without conquering Chach and Bukhara you'll have 4 colony points - which is more than enough to develop Baktrias polis into a metropolis. And that route is still the fastest and most convenient way to get colonists of your own.
    I opted for the second and I think it is quicker: waiting to create polis in Marakanda - now at 42% - and Oskobora - now at 46% - (I don't need a colonist to upgrade them do?! If I remember previously only needed to start it in Minor Polis and not to the next Poli e Metropolis right? ).
    Anyway a few turns later I was warned that I failed the mission, I answered myself..... thanks anyway.

I opted for the second and I think it is quicker: waiting to create polis in Marakanda - now at 42% - and Oskobora - now at 46% - (I don't need a colonist to upgrade them do?! If I remember previously only needed to start it in Minor Polis and not to the next Poli e Metropolis right? ).
    Anyway a few turns later I was warned that I failed the mission, I answered myself..... thanks anyway.
    Correct, colony points are expended only when seeding the province with a Minor Poleis. Upgrading it to a normal Poleis doesn't cost any colony points. Do you still have the 2 colony points needed to seed Oskobora and Marakanda?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    Correct, colony points are expended only when seeding the province with a Minor Poleis. Upgrading it to a normal Poleis doesn't cost any colony points. Do you still have the 2 colony points needed to seed Oskobora and Marakanda?
    Yes, I am a little unsure about the conversion rates, i.e. up to how much I can convert, but reading it, it seems feasible.
    Although long as a process it doesn't worry me too much, I need the phalagi later on against Seleucids or armies with more infantry than cavalry/horse armour like Saka and Parthians.
    Now I have minor polis and hellenistic colony level 1 in Marakanda and Oskobora,

Yes, I am a little unsure about the conversion rates, i.e. up to how much I can convert, but reading it, it seems feasible.
    Although long as a process it doesn't worry me too much, I need the phalagi later on against Seleucids or armies with more infantry than cavalry/horse armour like Saka and Parthians.
    Now I have minor polis and hellenistic colony level 1 in Marakanda and Oskobora,
    Levels 1, 2, and 3/Reform of Military Colony converts to enough to building levels 1, 2, and 3 of Polis. If you want level 2 Polis in Marakanda and Oskobora ASAP, then build level 2 Military Colonies in those settlements. Otherwise, you could camp a high-influence governor in both cities to convert more slowly, but conserving 2 colony points

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123