Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Basic Guide, EB 2.3] Baktria

QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

Default Re: [Basic Guide, EB 2.3] Baktria

Quote Originally Posted by Baharr View Post
    My question is: how can you get the Metropolis in Baktria in 2.35, now that you can't build a helcol_three there anymore? Is the helcol_ref locked behind the thorax reform or do I need Baktria to be a huge city? Because with only a helcol_two it's gonna take decades for Baktria to get that metropolis, even with a near-max influence governor.
    The helcol_ref will become available there after the ThorakitaiReform.

Thanks for the speedy response!

Hello,
    I think the faster way to get his own colonists is to get 3 poleis. Get 1 metropolis in Baktria, in my opinion, is longer.
    In 2.35, if no mistaken, you get 3 colonists from Seleukia. When you get it, stop give money to Seleukia. Then, build helcol_one in Marakanda and Oskobara + build minor polis in Marakanda.
    Now, wait for 49% hellenic culture and upgrade these both minor poleis to poleis.
    With Baktria, you have 3 poleis. So, now, you get your own colonists !
    Do you agree with my tactic ? ��

Quote Originally Posted by bebert_45 View Post
    In 2.35, if no mistaken, you get 3 colonists from Seleukia. When you get it, stop give money to Seleukia. Then, build helcol_one in Marakanda and Oskobara + build minor polis in Marakanda.
    Now, wait for 49% hellenic culture and upgrade these both minor poleis to poleis.
    But there isn't minor polis at Oskabara. And you need another colony point to build one.

Also the hel_col one convert only until 30%.

So with this tactic, you will :
    - need others colony points, to build helcol_two and two minor polis
    - lose the recruitment potential of the foreign colony in Marakanda and Oskabara, particularly the pantodapoi phalangitai (your only phalangists)
    - be at war with the Arche Seleukeia to early

It will be long, but I prefers spend my colonists to upgrade the colony at Baktra and build hellenistic colonies at Kapisha to have access to the usefull indogreek units.

Yes, you are right, there is no minor polis in Oskabara.
    However, you start with 35% hellen culture in this city. So it Will be faster to convert to 49% than Marakanda which start with 25%
    Si I thank it's better to build helcol_one in Marakanda and minor polis in Marakanda and minor polis and Oskabara.
    I will try and will tell you how many turn i spend for getting my own colonist
    In my last game, I needed 250 turns for building metropolis in Baktria. Because you cant build helcol_three. You can build helcol_ref, but it appears turn 205...

I think you can play without phalangists. Hoplitais age good enough. Take care the phalangistes you get at the beginning ��

But at war with Seleukia early isn't not problem if you are allied with Indiana, saka and pahlava.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12