Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Second Bulgarian Tsardom (Complete)

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Second Bulgarian Tsardom (Complete)

Last edited by Cometopuli; November 11, 2018 at 10:58 AM.

this one i think hasnt been posted here i myself almost couldnt find it on the background you can see bulgarian soldiers armed with halberds spears some maces and also axes i think
    Last edited by Cometopuli; December 03, 2018 at 07:49 AM.

this one also i think hasnt been posted its from the Tomic psalter 1360

this one also it shows soldiers chilling or something

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

In the image above, I can't read the black writing at the bottom but the writing in red at the top reads "The division of the clothes" as in the Roman soldiers who divided among themselves the clothes of Jesus after the Crucifixion.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cometopuli View Post

A painting from the Tetravangelia of Tsar Alexander.Here you can see what i belive are nobles.I think this hasnt been posted here
    No Christian background for you?
    The three guys in the turbans are the (biblical) Magi bringing gifts to baby Jesus (dead center), at the left as they come and at the right, the same guys, as they leave.
    Last edited by paleologos; December 04, 2018 at 03:12 PM.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Yeah that's why I said those guys have nothing to do with bulgarian nobles and it should NOT be interpreted that bulgarian nobles wore turbans.

Ah i see i should really check what i post

this one is probably one of the most detailed bulgarian frescoes that show soldiers. Im not sure if its bulgarian

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/456411743484715205/ swords maces and mail from Pazardzhik

http://zografi.info/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/2-3.jpg st theodore tyron and st theodore stratelates. the first one is from a serbian monastery of paganovo the second one is bulgarian from the monastery of kremikovtsi. notice the shield patterns. https://i.pinimg.com/originals/af/40...f96c70b43e.jpg this one is from kremakovtsi its the same but with all the military saints

This is a very late bulgarian document from Sofia it was made during the early ottoman rule in the city. As you can see it shows two riders with what seems to me are mace falllen near them edit:its actually during the war with the ottomans
    Last edited by Cometopuli; December 25, 2018 at 07:12 AM.

to me it seems like they are wearing somekind of kaftans and their helmets look like maybe an open bascinet or sallet to me.Im not sure what the text says and i havent found anything about it.

The one in the left maybe is a ottoman and sallets are 15th century helmets.

idk im intrested in why there isnt any translation of the text from experts. Also what would a bulgarian rider and an ottoman one be doing together. As you can see they have dropped their weapons so what is it about?

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Isn't this serbian? Anyway, to me they appear to be dueling, lances shattered on the ground, maces dropped. Or could be some tournament.

nah its a bulgarian document from sofia. Atleast thats what it says on wikipedia. I cant find anything other about it.
    Last edited by Cometopuli; December 26, 2018 at 07:43 AM.

Also i dont think there were any kind of tournaments in bulgaria. In serbia yes but that was due to the western influence.

Last edited by lion8000; March 01, 2019 at 03:12 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456