Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Move Character Command

Default Re: Move Character Command

Anyone can help me move a Carthage general to New Carthage? his name is Hamliqart (yes, Hannibals dad), I really want to move him, any clues

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

You can find beginning character names and surnames for each faction in the descr_strat file in the campaign folder of the EBII data folder.

Find the place on the map where you want to send him, hit the ~ for shell command, type "cursor_stat" to find the X-Y coordinates, and then move him as such (using the example of a guy named John Smith, with a random X-Y position on the campaign map):

Code:
    move_character "John Smith" 65 82

Can anyone help me use the move_character command? I just can't do it, it keeps saying the character doesnt exist, his name is Hamilqart and I cant move him even with the descr_strat name (Hamliqart Barca), any clues? I think its important to mention he isn't the general in the army, he is acting as cavalry for Hanno (which I can't move either), can anyone help me?

Thank you.

Well, if he isn't the main General in the army it won't work. You should take him away from the main army. And why can't you move Hanno? Is it winter season?
    You can also try character_reset "character name" to give more movement points to Hanno and later to Hamilcar so that they can keep moving.

I cant move hanno because "the character doesnt exist", any clues on what could be his console name?

Try "HannoB ofcarthago"

Tried it, isn't working

(I don't know how to upload screenshots)

[IMG]file:///Users/usuario/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202019-11-13%20at%201.58.01%20PM.png[/IMG]

I have made a few experiments and its working with everyone not named hanno or gisqo (im guessing because there's lots of them), any clues on the names? what can i try

Well, for Hanno, you can try Hanno, HannoA, HannoB, HannoC

Is there a limit? or it is until c?

Till C

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

If it still doesn't work, there is a way around it. So long as he's not the faction leader, you can stick that family member into an army of another family member who has more command stars than him, so that he's the leading general of that field army. Then you simply move that general instead, who has Hanno Barca as one of his units. Voila, Hanno is where you need him on the campaign map. After you're done moving Hanno back to Carthage, you can just move the other general back to wherever he was from before.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123