Thread: Crash while loading campaign save

Default Crash while loading campaign save

Hi guys, I post this to know if there's any hope for me to recover this savefile but I'm almost certain it must have gotten corrupted. I was playing normally when I tried to save the game by using (as usual) the "Ctrl + S" shortcut and the game crashed. Now every time I try to load the save I get a crash. I'm aware that autosaves might cause saves to get corrupted but I have it disabled. I dont know if it has anything to do with it but I initially started playing the campaign on fullscreen and 45 turns or so after I changed it to borderless windowed mode and also reduced graphics settings cause I was getting a crash when trying to load a massive battle. Shortly after that, 5 turns or so, I got the aforementioned crash while trying to save. I'm playing as the Romani on the last version (2.3)

Here is the log: eb.system.log.zip

Default Re: Crash while loading campaign save

I'm sorry for the double post but if you wanna give it a try, here it's the haunted savefile: Quicksave.zip

I can't do anything with the save.

Looks like a corrupted save, unfortunately, that happens from time to time even with autosave disabled. The log isn't very illuminating:

Code:
    17:43:07.625 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/text/export_prologue.txt.strings.bin is missing
    17:43:07.634 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/text/export_prologue.txt is missing
    17:43:08.318 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/text/cursor_action_tooltips.txt.strings.bin is missing
    17:43:08.323 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/text/cursor_action_tooltips.txt is missing
    17:43:09.987 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:09.989 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:10.861 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:10.922 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/slave.tga is missing
    17:43:10.928 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_MP_HISTORICAL_BATTLE_CHOOSE_TEAMS.TGA is missing
    17:43:10.931 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/TEXTURES/_M2_MAIN_MENU.TGA is missing
    17:43:11.264 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/menu/buttons_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:11.264 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:11.265 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/menu/slider_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:11.266 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold2.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:11.266 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/text_border.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:11.266 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:11.266 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:11.267 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:11.267 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:11.267 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:11.268 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:17.683 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:17.685 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:18.554 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:19.794 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:20.644 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:20.715 [system.rpt] [error] Unspecified error. Please compress your error log in a zip format and upload it on the EBII technical help forum.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I can't do anything with the save.

Looks like a corrupted save, unfortunately, that happens from time to time even with autosave disabled. The log isn't very illuminating:

Code:
    17:43:07.625 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/text/export_prologue.txt.strings.bin is missing
    17:43:07.634 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/text/export_prologue.txt is missing
    17:43:08.318 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/text/cursor_action_tooltips.txt.strings.bin is missing
    17:43:08.323 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/text/cursor_action_tooltips.txt is missing
    17:43:09.987 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:09.989 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:10.861 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:10.922 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/slave.tga is missing
    17:43:10.928 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_MP_HISTORICAL_BATTLE_CHOOSE_TEAMS.TGA is missing
    17:43:10.931 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/TEXTURES/_M2_MAIN_MENU.TGA is missing
    17:43:11.264 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/menu/buttons_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:11.264 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:11.265 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/menu/slider_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:11.266 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold2.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:11.266 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/text_border.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:11.266 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:11.266 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:11.267 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:11.267 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:11.267 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:11.268 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:17.683 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:17.685 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:18.554 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:19.794 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:20.644 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    17:43:20.715 [system.rpt] [error] Unspecified error. Please compress your error log in a zip format and upload it on the EBII technical help forum.
    Damn...that is frustrating. I have a previous save from ten turns before the crash but a lot has happened in those ten turns..anyways thanks Quintus, what would you advise me to do to avoid this from happening again apart from saving on several different files?

Quote Originally Posted by Chikiflin View Post
    I'm sorry for the double post but if you wanna give it a try, here it's the haunted savefile: Quicksave.zip
    That thing is DOA. Best advice would be to remember to save periodically (and not the quick variety either) so you don't lose the entire campaign. For me it's every 5 or 10 turns, depending (and always with a different name, like Romani-T10, or Romani-T20, etc). And certainly before any major battle.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    That thing is DOA. Best advice would be to remember to save periodically (and not the quick variety either) so you don't lose the entire campaign. For me it's every 5 or 10 turns, depending (and always with a different name, like Romani-T10, or Romani-T20, etc). And certainly before any major battle.
    Thanks for the advice Kull, and congratulations for an amazing job, the mod is getting better and better. Cheers!

i have the same problem, but i found a solution:
    First start a new campaing with the faction of the save, then in the turn 0 load the save.
    i dont know if that could damage the campaing in long term.
    english is not my native language