Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Submod for Falcom Total War 3 [WIP]

KmanBEAST's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Submod for Falcom Total War 3 [WIP]

Awesome looking units! Love the little details such as the back quivers and rucksacks. And yeah, I think at this stage, with the amount of work you have already completed, you should have more than enough reason to ask for your own hosted forum. And I'm glad you're done choosing factions and you've settled down for what you want.

Don't get me wrong, asking for advice and opinions regarding factions and units from other people is a great thing for some insight and advice, but eventually it just comes down to you believing what is the right or wrong choice. I believe with what you have so far, the mod will be pretty great (glad you spread out the factions more than many other mods might with this world map).

Quote Originally Posted by Metal.Pigeon View Post
    /CUT
    The new model looks very good, and i love the effort you put on details and balance, i do also like to see balance in games
    And yes, i think that an hosted section would be great for the mod, because very few people pass by the Falcom thread
    No problem my friend, i already started doing the strategic map from scratch, it will be complex because it's not just about drawing/modeling the map, there are various features that a map needs to look good, be balanced, immersive and without bugs, so it will take time

Metal.Pigeon's Avatar Decanus

A lot of the new factions are taken from the Falcom suggestion thread (Goryeo, Tibet, Khwarazm) and I removed a lot of the factions that people said were inactive or too insignificant (Ryukyu, Denmark). Of course, a lot of the others are my own choices. I only regret not volunteering to make new Inca units for falcom earlier, but they (and Chimor) will be reworked later. I guess it wouldn't hurt to throw in a promotion for Colonies & Empires, which I am also working on as a unit modeler and I intend to use assets from there to bring life to the Americas. The 16th century European units that I showed here will also appear in there too.

I just sent a hosted mod forum request with the working title of "One Ruler on Earth." It's a reference to a quote by Timur the Lame, which is "As there is but one God in heaven, so should there be but one ruler on earth." Hopefully it gets through so I can start doing some proper faction previews, get some attention so I can get more people to help, and whatnot.

One tiny preview of some Japanese units that I didn't show yet. One of them is the new Yumi Sohei, obviously, with 13th-century armour to justify an earlier appearance. The other one is something completely new. Too bad I forgot to deselect them and the green circles are still popping up, but I'm too lazy to go back in-game to reshoot this.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Mod leader of One Ruler on Earth | Unit modeler for Colonies & Empires

Well, my work on Imperium: Total War is giving me an excuse to revisit the Romans. For one, the Skutatoi had their spears shortened to a more realistic size and the way they hold their kite shields is more consistent with the way Western European units hold theirs. I've also made a high-tier upgrade model for several of their units. Get ready to trample all over history with plate-armoured Romans. Here's the three tiers that I made so far; there will be slight differences between these guys and say, the archers (archers will be less heavily armoured, at least visually), but this should give a good idea of what's in store.
    Unupgraded:

Upgrade 1 (requires level 3 blacksmith):

Upgrade 2 (requires level 5 blacksmith; can only be upgraded to this level circa 1500 onwards):
    I might make an upgrade model between 1 and 2, if I can find out what to have them wear. I'll also make upgraded models for the other Europeans (and other factions in this mod), although for the most part, that's a low priority that will probably be done after the initial release. To encourage investing in the blacksmith tree in the campaign (so units will be upgraded to keep up with changing times), I'll probably add on a secondary benefit to building them. Maybe an increase in tradable goods or something.
    Last edited by Metal.Pigeon; April 29, 2018 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Fixed screenshots

I'm having serious internet problems, but i'm still working on the map, i have done almost all Europe (resources, routes, weather, terrain, regions, etc) i will finish soon and post the images
    Then, i will start working on the Americas

No worries mate, take your time.

To help speed up the process of getting at the very least an initial release, I've replaced Kanem with Ethiopia and instead of adding the Muisca as I initially planned to (once I got rid of the Purepecha), I'm splitting the Inca Empire into Cuzco and Chimor. Ethiopia's roster will be very similar to Makuria's while Kanem would need a lot more work, and the same is with the Muisca. Later on, though, I would like to replace Makuria with Kanem and Chimor with the Muisca, since they're more unique.

I've updated my first post to give a better indication of what my plans are right now. I'll be mostly quiet for some time now because of exams, but here's one quick preview on the East Asian levy units. The ones shown below are Vietnamese, but Song China, Korea, and Japan will also get them, with different colours.
    Unupgraded:

Upgrade 1:

Upgrade 2:
    Yeah, you need to upgrade your blacksmith twice before the elusive technology of long-sleeved shirts is available. Any suggestions for a 3rd upgrade? Keep in mind that they need to look generic enough to fit in with Japan, China, Korea, and Vietnam; probably won't be able to change the headgear. And the straw hats historically probably weren't as common as they are in these units, but I think they look cool.
    Last edited by Metal.Pigeon; May 03, 2018 at 09:51 PM.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

So has all your work shifted ti Imperium Total War Metal.Pigeon?

Nope, that's more of a side project because some of my unit models would be useful over there (that mod had no modellers). This is still my main goal, but I've been a little too busy to work on it recently. I'm getting back to it soon, so don't lose hope yet!
    Last edited by Metal.Pigeon; May 25, 2018 at 08:18 AM.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Metal.Pigeon View Post
    Nope, that's more of a side project because some of my unit models would be useful over there (that mod had no modellers). This is still my main goal, but I've been a little too busy to work on it recently. I'm getting back to it soon, so don't lose hope yet!

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk
    Fair enough!
    I know that the guy from Imperium mod is also doing an SSHIP submod, are you involved with that as well?

I'm not (already involved in 3 projects as of now), but I plan on being generous with letting people use my work. Besides, I think he has enough material to work with; it's the pike and shot era that's more lacking in unit models.

Here's a few Vietnamese units. I couldn't get permission to use All Under Heaven's units, so I'm making do with the few visual references that I could find online.

Zhen Tian Lei: A generic East Asian unit (hence a generic appearance) that throws explosive grenades. They use a glaive/halberd in melee.
    Professional units; couldn't figure out what to name them.

KmanBEAST's Avatar Civis

Really cool looking Asian units! Hope the progress is going well.

Here's a quick preview of the Vietnamese war elephants. Statistically, they'll be the worst elephants in the game, but they are at least one of the few factions that have them. The other factions that will have them are the Khmers, Indians, and maybe Khwarezm; I'm still looking for historical justification for the last one.

Thanks to the Broken Crescent and Shaoding teams for various assets.

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Wow, that's awesome !! I wasn't expecting this.
    This could get me back into Medieval II Total War. Good luck on your project !
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

So glad I decided to randomly check back on this mod! Good luck with this, these units look awesome.
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

I'm considering the East Asian levy units to be 100% finished now for the most part. Here they are.

Levy Spearmen: The axes are just for decoration and they won't actually use them in combat.
    Unupgraded:

Upgrade 1 (Leather Tanner):

Upgrade 2 (Heavy Armourer):
    Levy Archers: They do actually use their axes in melee.
    Unupgraded:

Upgrade 1 (Leather Tanner):

Upgrade 2 (Heavy Armourer):
    Looks like I forgot to make a crossbow variant. Oh well, that can happen later.

KmanBEAST's Avatar Civis

Really beautiful-looking units, keep up the awesome work man!

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Noice!
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

This is the most ambitious modding project in existence for M2TW. Wishing all the best to those involved, you're doing a great job.

Well, it's been a while; longer than I thought. Here's a WIP of the early-period Vietnamese professional units. I'm trying to look for ways to increase variety in the soldier models because right now they all look a bit to samey for my liking. Maybe different shield types or headgear or something; I could use some ideas here.
    Level 1:

Level 2 (Blacksmith):

Level 3 (Armourer):