Thread: Submod for Falcom Total War 3 [WIP]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Metal.Pigeon's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Submod for Falcom Total War 3 [WIP]

No promises on the local units in Africa yet because I'm not quite there at the moment, but I do plan on having two or more "indigenous" units in South America (taking cues from the Kalina and Amazonians), North America (which will probably be generic enough to fit in Australia too), Canada (Inuit-inspired, which will also probably fill up Siberia), and Sub-Saharan Africa: one melee and one missile. This is to keep regional flair while making up for the fact that there aren't any factions in these regions.

I did have something in mind that would've resembled the Ruga-Ruga in the photo on Wikipedia, using some assets from Falcom's Zimbabweans; the mod that the Zulus come from is open source and the models are well-made. The name would be different though, with one reason being historical and the other being because I would like them to be generic enough to fill as much of the continent as possible. First, I'm going to finish the playable factions.

A preview of the Verlorene Haufen, a German two-handed sword unit. Aside from their equipment, unique European units will be distinguishable by helmet sashes for early tiers and faction-specific headgear in later tiers.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    12th-14th century: The zweihänder didn't exist yet, so they exclusively use the kriegsmesser which wasn't prominent at the time, but more chronologically ambiguous. At the very least, it's certainly much less anachronistic than the zweihänder.

Late 14th to 15th century: The zweihänder was "invented" sometime around this time, so now there's variation between the types of swords used. These guys use distinctive German-style visored sallets while generic guys wear kettles and open sallets.

16th-17th century: Facial hair time. Two ways to interpret it: 1.) they finally grew out beards after aging a few hundred years or 2.) now's the time when beards became fashionable in Europe.

There's still room for one more armour upgrade. I'm thinking of doing something like this for the very end:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Metal.Pigeon; December 04, 2018 at 10:40 PM.