Thread: Submod for Falcom Total War 3 [WIP]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Metal.Pigeon's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Submod for Falcom Total War 3 [WIP]

@Randomperson2000: Coptic sounds better to me than Ethiopian, since the faction name is Abyssinia and not Ethiopia. This is just me thinking about the far future, though, since as of now I don't know a lick about editing campaign-related stuff other than building names.

I fiddled around with letting the Mongols build mosques, Buddhist temples, and the Pagan "Holy Site" before I took modding this too seriously, but it just made the population convert to Buddhism super quickly (Tengriism doesn't exist in vanilla Falcolm), which wasn't exactly ideal. I'm thinking about letting the Mongols convert to Buddhism after something happens (like if they control X amount of regions) and the Great Jin to Tengriism (if they're pushed back to only having 1 or 2 regions; "returning to their roots" if you will), but I don't know how to properly implement "multiple religions" for a faction. How exactly does Broken Crescent handle it?

Here's a preview of the Roman roster. They have above average infantry, archers, and cavalry, but their units are a bit more on the expensive side. The lack of professional crossbowmen is intentional (the Romans very rarely used crossbows by this time period, which is reflected in both poor variety and a weak option), and I'm playing around with the idea that their missile cavalry will fill the traditional light cavalry role.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Town Watchmen:
    Skoutatoi (unique unit):
    Kastrophilakae (unique unit):
    Kontaratoi (unique unit):
    Vestiaritai (unique unit):
    Várangoi (unique unit):
    Work in progress
    Levied Hunters:
    Urban Militia:
    Toxotai (unique unit):
    Mourtatoi (unique unit): To further distinguish them visually from the toxotai, I might give all of them the blue leather strap things.
    Akontistae (unique unit):
    Siphonatores (unique unit): There's some clipping with the flamethrowers and shield when they taunt and during an idle animation, but not during combat.
    Pyrovolites (unique unit):
    Work in progress; hand gunner unit
    Gasmuloi (unique unit):
    Work in progress; arquebusier unit
    Pronoiarii (unique unit): They'll have barded horses once I put the model together. The vanilla horse is a placeholder.
    Skholarii (unique unit):
    General's Athanatoi: Yes, it's the exact same model as the skholarii. I admit that I'm lazy and I have no shame.
    Akritae (unique unit):
    Expilatores (unique unit):
    Vardariotai (unique unit): I'd like to give them a new model further down the line when I have more work done on the Hungarians. For now they're just the mourtatoi on horses.
    Artillery Crew:

The Romans will have access to ballistae, catapults, trebuchets, bombards, ribaults, mortars, and culverins. They'll gain access to culverins after the rest of Europe and they will not have basilisks.
    And here's a bonus look at the new écorcheurs, using the same textures that will be used by rebel (and mercenary) European peasants.
    Huge thanks again to Arthalion for his Byzantium Reskin, which this roster is largely built upon. I also used stuff from CBUR and Bellum Crucis.
    Last edited by Metal.Pigeon; June 12, 2019 at 06:25 PM.

Unit modeler for Colonies & Empires | Mod leader of One Ruler on Earth