Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Submod for Falcom Total War 3 [WIP]

Metal.Pigeon's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Submod for Falcom Total War 3 [WIP]

@Randomperson2000: Coptic sounds better to me than Ethiopian, since the faction name is Abyssinia and not Ethiopia. This is just me thinking about the far future, though, since as of now I don't know a lick about editing campaign-related stuff other than building names.

I fiddled around with letting the Mongols build mosques, Buddhist temples, and the Pagan "Holy Site" before I took modding this too seriously, but it just made the population convert to Buddhism super quickly (Tengriism doesn't exist in vanilla Falcolm), which wasn't exactly ideal. I'm thinking about letting the Mongols convert to Buddhism after something happens (like if they control X amount of regions) and the Great Jin to Tengriism (if they're pushed back to only having 1 or 2 regions; "returning to their roots" if you will), but I don't know how to properly implement "multiple religions" for a faction. How exactly does Broken Crescent handle it?

Here's a preview of the Roman roster. They have above average infantry, archers, and cavalry, but their units are a bit more on the expensive side. The lack of professional crossbowmen is intentional (the Romans very rarely used crossbows by this time period, which is reflected in both poor variety and a weak option), and I'm playing around with the idea that their missile cavalry will fill the traditional light cavalry role.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Town Watchmen:
    Skoutatoi (unique unit):
    Kastrophilakae (unique unit):
    Kontaratoi (unique unit):
    Vestiaritai (unique unit):
    Várangoi (unique unit):
    Work in progress
    Levied Hunters:
    Urban Militia:
    Toxotai (unique unit):
    Mourtatoi (unique unit): To further distinguish them visually from the toxotai, I might give all of them the blue leather strap things.
    Akontistae (unique unit):
    Siphonatores (unique unit): There's some clipping with the flamethrowers and shield when they taunt and during an idle animation, but not during combat.
    Pyrovolites (unique unit):
    Work in progress; hand gunner unit
    Gasmuloi (unique unit):
    Work in progress; arquebusier unit
    Pronoiarii (unique unit): They'll have barded horses once I put the model together. The vanilla horse is a placeholder.
    Skholarii (unique unit):
    General's Athanatoi: Yes, it's the exact same model as the skholarii. I admit that I'm lazy and I have no shame.
    Akritae (unique unit):
    Expilatores (unique unit):
    Vardariotai (unique unit): I'd like to give them a new model further down the line when I have more work done on the Hungarians. For now they're just the mourtatoi on horses.
    Artillery Crew:

The Romans will have access to ballistae, catapults, trebuchets, bombards, ribaults, mortars, and culverins. They'll gain access to culverins after the rest of Europe and they will not have basilisks.
    And here's a bonus look at the new écorcheurs, using the same textures that will be used by rebel (and mercenary) European peasants.
    Huge thanks again to Arthalion for his Byzantium Reskin, which this roster is largely built upon. I also used stuff from CBUR and Bellum Crucis.
    Last edited by Metal.Pigeon; June 12, 2019 at 06:25 PM.

Mod leader of One Ruler on Earth | Unit modeler for Colonies & Empires

Miles

The way how Broken Crescent handles a faction having multiple religions is a bit similar to what you have previously done for the Mongols where they have access to multiple religious buildings even though they have just one main religion. However in Broken Crescent, all the religious buildings for a multi religious faction all have the same conversion rate like say for the Qara-Khitai their main religion is Buddhism and are able to build both Buddhist and Christian monasteries. However since both building types have the same conversion rate, no religion is able to overtake the other religion unless they have a bigger religious building. I think this could work very well for both Buddhism and Hinduism, considering that Buddhism in India was ascendant especially during the Mauryan Empire before the 7th century AD when it declined in favour of Hinduism while in Indochina the exact opposite happened resulting in the religious demographics that we see today.

Also in regards to Coptic, I think it would work rather nicely, given that there was already severe religious tensions between the Copts and the Byzantines/Eastern Romans just before the Islamic conquest of Egypt in 642 AD so it would not be easy for any Christian faction aside from Abyssinia to have absolute control over Egypt.

Ah, I see then. I'm probably not going to implement multi-religion factions for an initial release, but maybe later on. I'll keep Coptic Orthodoxy, though.

I've been messing around a bit with stuff other than unit models (it's pretty mentally draining) and put together an East Asian UI. I mostly just wanted to get rid of the great helm on the recruitment button, which looks pretty out of place anywhere but in Europe. Thanks to cedric37 for letting me use the UIs he put together for Stainless Steel.
    Don't worry, I made some units too. A peek at Castile will be coming soonish (hopefully).

Oh hey! It's the Ryukyuans!

Shh, you'll get the Ryukyuan fans' hopes up. I probably should recolour them to make them stand out a bit less, though.

I suppose it's been long enough. Here's yet another Western European faction preview, this time of Castile. I know the entire "professional tier" of troops is pretty stale to look at since they literally all look the same (aside from unique units which have different headwear), but I would like to differentiate them more one day. Like how the Roman pikemen and skirmishers had gambeson while the heavy infantry was more heavily armoured. I'll just leave that thought here so I will feel bad if I fail to deliver on something I said I wanted to do.
    Town Watchmen:
    Serjeant Spearmen:
    Espadachines (might either remove the axes from the first two or rename them to Rodeleros; unique unit shared with Portugal):
    Piquieros (unique unit shared with Portugal):
    Monteros de Espinosa (unique unit):
    Work in progress; elite spear/shield infantry
    Bachelor Knights:
    Levied Hunters:
    Serjeant Archers:
    Urban Militia:
    Arbalestriers:
    Hand Gunners: The hand guns have messed up textures. It's a placeholder texture that I'll fix sometime...eventually
    Arcabuceros (unique unit shared with Portugal):
    Almogávares (unique unit shared with Portugal): The model is a placeholder; ideally, they'll look a bit more rugged and lightly-equipped. In-game, they're less like skirmishers and more like legionaries from Rome: Total War (throwing javelins before charging), which is closer to how they fought historically.
    Men-at-Arms:
    Chivalric Knights:
    Gendarmes: Don't worry, even though the last armour upgrade is pretty much all silver-coloured, you can still tell which faction they belong to because of their cape colour (i.e. Red=France, Orange=Castile, Yellow=HRE, etc.)
    Jinetes (unique unit shared with Portugal):
    Cranequiniers:
    Conquistadores (unique unit shared with Portugal): Much different than their vanilla counterpart and more like the unit in Age of Empires II. Apparently, the conquistadores in South America used arquebuses from horseback long before it became common in Europe.
    Artillery Crew:
    For more exciting news, I'm hoping to get a beta release sometime later this year or early next year. It'll only be for custom battles, though. Here's a list of factions you can expect to be there:
    Certain:
    -Kingdom of France
    -The Holy Roman Empire
    -Crown of Castile
    -The Roman Empire
    -The Kamakura Shogunate
    -The Mongol Khanate

Possibly
    -Kingdom of Portugal
    -Kingdom of Hungary
    -Kingdom of Dai Viet
    -The Angkor Empire
    That's all for now. Of course, I'm still looking for help; if you have any skill at anything, feel free to either PM me or message me on Discord.

Hey, I think this defunct (and locked) mod might have the AUH assets for Dai Viet

https://pan.baidu.com/s/1rhCPPbQvy8iA75K5ThmQkg
    Download Password: csb1

Thanks for the link, but sadly, I don't have permission to use them (Yelü Dashi doesn't seem to be active anymore).

I have looked at the AUH Dai Viet discussion and preview threads quite a few times, though. It's been pretty useful.

I'm almost done with the Kingdom of Đại Việt (just two models are incomplete). They're one of the few elephant factions, although they rely more on their infantry and skirmishers, many which use Chinese-style equipment. Aside from their war elephants, all Vietnamese unique units have improved hiding abilities in forests.
    Town Watchmen:
    Thương Thủ ("Spearmen"; unique unit):
    Cấm Quân ("Imperial Guard"; unique unit):
    Câu Liêm Binh ("Pikemen," sort of; unique unit):
    Thủ Tiễn Binh ("Javelinmen"; unique unit): They're classified as light infantry, being an infantry-sized unit rather than a smaller skirmisher-sized unit. They throw a volley of javelins before charging into melee.
    Dũng Nghĩa Binh ("Brave & Righteous Men"; unique unit):
    Levied Hunters:
    Cung Thủ ("Archers"; unique unit):
    Urban Militia: Yeah I know, the word "urban" yet they have straw hats. It's about the only generic-looking East Asian headgear I know of other than a headband, though.
    Nỏ Thủ ("Crossbowmen"; unique unit):
    Người Thượng ("Highlanders"; unique unit): Model still a work in progress; will be an unarmoured ambush unit armed with repeating crossbows.

Grenadiers: A bomb-throwing unit. Their default projectile is an incendiary grenade not unlike the naffatuns. However, if you click "Fire exploding ammo," they will use explosive grenades instead, which don't kill as quickly, but have a larger radius and knock back anyone caught in the blast, with survivors slowly getting back up. The incendiary projectile is best used if your own units are nearby, as there is less of a risk of friendly fire, but the staggering effect of the explosive grenade gives your own ranged units more time to shoot.
    Hand Gunners:
    Lính Ngự Lâm ("Musketeers"; unique unit): If anyone knows of a Vietnamese term for "arquebusiers," I'd love to know it.
    Kỵ Binh ("Cavalry"; unique unit):
    Thiết Kỵ Binh ("Iron-Clad Cavalry"; unique unit): The Trần Dynasty did use some cataphract-esque cavalry, although the face masks that often appear when you look up "tran heavy cavalry" on Google are anachronistic for this mod's time period.
    General's Bodyguard: Shared with the Song, Goryeo, and Jin.

Xạ Kỵ Binh ("Archer Cavalry"; unique unit):
    Tượng Binh ("War Elephants"; unique unit): The Indian and Khmer elephants will have 3 soldiers on top, but the Vietnamese will only have 2 for balance reasons.
    Artillery Crew: The planned artillery options are Ballistae, Crouching Tigers (trebuchets), Bombards, Mortars, and Red Barbarians (cannons).
    You might have noticed a new East Asian UI. Here's a closer look:
    Campaign (still a work in progress):
    Battle:
    Huge thanks to the people on the All Under Heaven faction discussion thread for Đại Việt, as well as the AUH team themselves for research and reference.
    Last edited by Metal.Pigeon; August 02, 2019 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Added General's Bodyguard and Hand Gunners

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Looks amazing!!!!

I want this mod!!!!

Do you have any custom settlements?

Thanks! As for your question, Falcom has custom (East) Asian settlements, but they're very prone to crashing so we'll probably try and remake them.

Ideally, we'd have custom Southeast Asian and Sub-Saharan settlements too, since we have room and the architecture is different enough to justify it. But they're a lot less likely in the foreseeable future since I don't think they exist anywhere in other mods and making them from scratch would be hard.

everything is looking good here!i am looking forwards to see your indian units with their elephants

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

This looks fantastic! Great work, pretty excited to see it all coming together.

Absolutely amazing campaign map too.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

The campaign map is being reworked pretty much from scratch by the two other guys helping me out. I won't spoil too much since it's still a work in progress, but I can say that New Zealand is planned to be there.

I know it's only been a few days, but since they're more or less done, why not another preview? This time, it's for a faction that will probably be a bit more popular. If you've been following for a while, you might know that I put together some Japanese units using assets from Asia Empires, but that I never got around to the pre-Sengoku models. I finally got that sorted out. The Kamakura Shogunate has solid infantry and ranged units, but their cavalry isn't amazing, they have no crossbowmen or javelinmen, and they're lacking a bit in early-game artillery. Their soldiers also don't use shields, making them more vulnerable to missile fire; although for balancing reasons, they will still get a small shield bonus so they don't get absolutely shredded by arrows.

Their initial campaign position is weaker than in Falcom, as mainland Japan only has 3 settlements now instead of 4. Invading Korea and Southeast Asia will also be more difficult because of the addition of Goryeo and Dai Viet as full-fledged factions. However, they got a lot of other buffs and quality-of-life improvements. They're now Buddhist instead of Shinto, making expansion in Asia easier since religious unrest will be less of an issue. Their units no longer take an absurd number of turns to recruit (I remember their cavalry archers taking six turns), and they can now train levy and professional units at the start rather than being forced to only field small armies of expensive samurai. The roster should be much more well-rounded and diverse than the one in Falcom despite being a bit smaller.
    Town Watchmen:
    Naginata Genin (unique unit): Naginata units will fight as two-handed spearmen with the ability to form a schiltrom. The genin were a samurai's attendants who may have accompanied their masters into battle.
    Naginata Samurai (unique unit):
    Naginata Sōhei (unique unit): They lost their war cry ability from Falcom, which was replaced by an aura around them that inspires nearby allies. The Sengoku-era model isn't finished quite yet.
    Yari Ashigaru (unique unit): Ashigaru units are professionals, rather than the weaklings most other mods seem to make them out to be. They might be peasants, but they have training and standardized equipment, after all!
    Yari Samurai (unique unit):
    Daitō Ashigaru (unique unit): Despite having two-handed swords, their role isn't dedicated shock troops; despite not having shields, they'll fulfill a similar role to other factions' sword/shield units, being versatile infantry that'll do decently in any melee engagement unless they're charged by cavalry.
    Ōban ("Great Guard" or "Great Watch"; unique unit): These guys are actually dedicated shock infantry.
    Levied Hunters:
    Yumi Ashigaru (unique unit):
    Yumi Samurai (unique unit):
    Daikyū Yamabushi (unique unit):
    Hand Gunners: For melee, they use their hand guns as a bludgeon. The swords are just for decoration.
    Tanegashima Kachi (unique unit): A professional arquebusier unit; still a work in progress.

Grenadiers: The Japanese will take longer to gain access to this unit, as historically, the Song, Jin, Mongols, and Vietnamese began using them much earlier.

Yari Kihei (unique unit): Solid medium cavalry that's not nearly as powerful on the charge as European knights or Eastern cataphracts, but they'll fight better in melee with their swords.
    Yumi Kihei (unique unit): One of the only mounted longbow units in the game, giving them a distinct range advantage over other cavalry archers.
    Bajō-Zutsu Kihei (unique unit): Why not?
    General's Horoshu (unique unit): The Japanese bodyguard unit is armed with both bows and polearms.
    Artillery Crew: Japan has access to Crouching Tigers (trebuchets), Bombards, Mortars, and Red Barbarians (cannons).
    Thanks to Asia Empires and Shaoding for assets
    Last edited by Metal.Pigeon; August 03, 2019 at 12:56 AM.

Miles

Out of curiosity, do you have a general idea of what mercenary units are going to be included in this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPerson2000 View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you have a general idea of what mercenary units are going to be included in this mod.
    A lot, mostly a faction's units that are local to theit home area (English longbowmen as mercenaries/AoR units in England, French cavalry in France, Vietnamese elephants in Dai Viet, etc.), and some others like Swiss pikemen that are too famous not to include. A lot of it is still unfinished, since I'm going to focus on mercenaries after the playable faction rosters are done and I can see what spots are left.

hello I would like to know if you plan to edit the Incas? (Google translator xd)

Y por cierto me parece muy buena idea incluir a Kingdom of Chimor

Yes, I plan to edit the Incas a bit, and hopefully overhaul them completely when Colonies & Empires comes out (the mod that I proudly advertise in my signature, since it's the first mod I worked on).

I learned some Spanish and a bit of practice wouldn't hurt, so here I go (it won't be perfect): Quiera incluir los chimos, pero son muy similares a los incas. Los chimos estaran rebeldes agresivos.
    I wanted to include the Chimu, but they're very similar to the Incas. The Chimu will be aggressive rebels instead.
    I know only one faction is South America will be lonely and Chimor was a major power in the area, but there's only so much you can do with a 30 faction limit. I might add a Chimu unit to the Inca roster, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal.Pigeon View Post
    Yes, I plan to edit the Incas a bit, and hopefully overhaul them completely when Colonies & Empires comes out (the mod that I proudly advertise in my signature, since it's the first mod I worked on).

I learned some Spanish and a bit of practice wouldn't hurt, so here I go (it won't be perfect): Quiera incluir los chimos, pero son muy similares a los incas. Los chimos estaran rebeldes agresivos.
    I wanted to include the Chimu, but they're very similar to the Incas. The Chimu will be aggressive rebels instead.
    I know only one faction is South America will be lonely and Chimor was a major power in the area, but there's only so much you can do with a 30 faction limit. I might add a Chimu unit to the Inca roster, though.
    what happens is that the incas they are very similar to the Aztecs in the FTW3 mod

Así deberían ser:

Unidades Basicas (1080 - 1530)

Ejemplo de Unidades
    Lanzador Inca de estálica (estalica)

Capitan con Tuccina

Hondero

Auca Runa
    El soldado Inca o Auca Runa era formado en el ayllu por su maestro de armas desde los diez años adiestrándolo en el manejo de un arma en particular siendo su responsabilidad encontrar el talento particular de cada uno de ellos.​

Archer of the Antisuyo

Hatun Apu (serÃ*a como el capitan, no el general)(it would be like the captain, not the general)

APUKISPAY (The General)
    El Apukispay era en sus inicios el mismo soberano o Sapa Inca.
    Pachacutec Inca Yupanqui fue el primer monarca inca en comandar ejercitos conquistadores que a su paso construÃ*an puentes y calzadas, ciudades y caminos; y en los intervalos peleaban, siendo mas fuertes en el momento y lugar justos.

Unidades Modernas (1532 - 1572)

Swordsman inca

Inca chivalry

Arquebusiers Inca and spearmen or Pikemen Inca

How chimu will not be incorporated into the game . I want to give a suggestion. Mercenaries!

Mochica Warrior

Levas Chimu, Milicia Chimu, Spearmen Chimu and Jabalineros Chimu (javelins)

Guerreros de Elite Chimu

Pikemen Chimu, Warrior Chimu, Cudgel Chimu, shield bearer Chimu

I'm all for including some Chimu mercenaries. There's a Tlaxcaltec archer mercenary unit planned too, and maybe a Muisca one as well.

Another quick look at the Hungarians: the Black Legion will arrive in all their glory during the 15th century. Admittedly, the real Black Legion was probably not this decked out in blued plate and they definitely weren't the entire Hungarian army, but I like the look (reminds me of the "Impaler" skins the Hungarians have in Stainless Steel) and it helps distinguish them from other European soldiers on the battlefield. I probably won't do a full-out preview for the European factions anymore since they're mostly the same models, just with different gear and textures. Since almost all of the Hungarian unique units are shown here, I might as well tell everyone my plan for this faction: they're meant to be one of the more balanced European factions, with above average infantry, archers, gunners, and cavalry, but not any true specialty in the same way the English go all-out on their archers or the French with their knights.
    Clipeati (unique unit):
    Armati (unique unit):
    Foot Men-at-Arms:
    Bachelor Knights:
    Tegzesek ("Quiver-bearers"; unique unit):
    Arbalestriers:
    Pistalnici (Bohemian hand gunners; shared with HRE):
    Hákovnice (unique unit):
    Huszars (shared with Poland; shield patterns are a work in progress):
    Men-at-Arms:
    Bandiera ("Banderium Knights"; unique unit):
    Kunok ("Nomads," though this term is generally understood to refer to Cumans; shared with Romans & Novgorod):
    Cranequiniers:
    Artillery Crew: