Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: EB2 2.3 Let's Play

Default Re: EB2 2.3 Let's Play

Episode 68

Noteworthy events

The gods send Pselkis a devastating earthquake. Hundreds are killed, including a section of the local garrison. Word quickly spreads of the bad omen. Although, putting up some initial stiff resistance, Knossos falls to Arkhandros and his combined Hellenic force. Arkhandros, desiring revenge for his previous failed Kretan campaigns, makes no effort to stop the ensuing sack of the settlement. To the relative east, in the territory of the Nabatu, Agothokles, penned in, marches aggressively towards the Ptolemaioi heartland. Once again, the Seleukids have out-skilled the Ptolemaioi, logistically. Having received word of this, Epikrates, barely suppressing his panic, force marches west, but is a significant distance from catching Agothokles. At this point, the Basileus Ptolemais Nios, decides to intervene, directly. An embassy is established with Agothokles, and the Basileus attends personally to add political weight on proceedings. Watched closely by his master, Stratokles Timakratou, sweating profusely, negotiates a peace treaty with Agothokles and the latter retreats. Meanwhile, back on Krete, another embassy is established and Arkhandros assents to a cease of hostilities. The Koinon Hellenon heir, having completed his long term objective, takes little time in departing from the island and sails back to his homeland. Having successfully forged peace, the Basileus returns to Alexandreia and holds extravagant games to celebrate. It is enough to placate the populace, but the now aged and haggard Ptolemaioi leader, knows the empire he inherited is but a shadow of its former self. He orders Epikrates to be stripped of his command, pending further examination. Ophellas Pelopos takes command of the army, seconded by the highly loyal, Nikon Ptolemaidos Hermaiou, who has recently travelled from Pselkis, to the capital. The Basileus and his closest advisors deliberate over how to stabilise the economy and begin re-aquiring territories lost. It is decided that the royal army shall travel to Salamis, then Side, in order to defeat the ever growing Cappodacian threat. To the south, at Pselkis, in order to try and placate the angry gods, the inhabitants undergo an ambitious construction project; diverting many local resources into erecting a large temple of Zeus-Ammon. Overall, it seems the recent dire chapter has turned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8Pg0VlsNQE

Episode 69/70

Noteworthy events

The Aphistamenoi threat is pushed into Qarthadashti territory and a blind eye is turned to the destruction they begin causing, west of the border. Ophellas Pelopos, sets sail, via Admiral Motes, to Salamis, where his men rest and replenish at port. Local economies and markets begin to recover and confidence, tentatively, returns. Consequently, the royal purse is saved falling into debt, and, slowly but surely, accrues enough to invest in delayed construction projects, aimed at stimulating public growth in areas where recent events have taken their human toll. As a result, the Ptolemaioi situation stabilises and the people thank the Basileus Ptolemais Nios for his shrewd diplomacy, in establishing peace, with those bent on war. The Basileus, after a very rocky initial period, is finally accepted as the established ruler. After re-supplying at the port of Salamis, Ophellas Pelopos sails to Side, whereby he billets outside the settlement. Aristodemos Speou Artemidou, a favourite of the Basileus, who has been travelling with the army, enters the settlement and assumes the governorship. The people of Side take to the new governor, impressed by his outspoken loyalty to the Basileus. After hiring locals to help navigate the area and organising some final logistical preparations, Ophellas Pelopos marches east and sets camp within viewing distance of Aardraka. The Cappodacian leader, having become complacent, due the relative freedom he has enjoyed roaming the area, is panicked and sends and urgent message to another unwelcome Cappodacian tribe in the area, headed by the formidable veteran, Chrysoloras. The latter readies his men, in anticipation of reinforcing Aardraka. He knows, however, that the pillaging and destruction caused by his tribe has been extensive and that he should expect no quarter. Ophellas offers battles and this is, reluctantly, accepted. The combined Cappodacian horde, emerges, in relative disarray, on high ground and fearfully looks upon an organised Ptolemaioi force, supported by strange contraptions, they have not seen before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i266AX8kQs8

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Hi charlieh, thanks for sharing you campaign.This short paper may be fun for you as it describes with broad brush what we know what happened in history :-)
    JoC

@Jurand of Cracow: I've been meaning to compare my current standing, in terms of territories with the actual history, so I appreciate the paper :-)

Episode 71

Noteworthy events

The Basileus, seeing the general economy on the rise, decides to invest further in construction projects, particularly markets, aimed at maintaining this trend. The possibility of re-taking eastern holdings, lost to the Seleukids, seems remote, and a Kretan campaign is deemed more trouble than its worth. Therefore, the Basileus begins casting his eyes west, towards Kyrene, currently owned by the Qarthadashti. A spy is sent to the settlement and finds a skeletal garrison in place. It is a tempting possibility, but would be a risk to declare war on the Qarthadasti, who have been at peace with the Ptolemaioi for decades now. Other potential targets are weighed up, but plans, for the time being, remain hypothetical. Ophellas Pelopos returns to the homeland, mops up an inconsequential Aphastimenoi force, and then returns to Alexandreia. Here, costly festivities and theatrical battles celebrate the defeat of the barbarous Cappodacians and the death of the two leaders Aardraka and Chrysoloras. The Oxybeles take on a nearly mystical quality; stories spread of how a single shot killed a hundred men. The rest of the army is disbanded and return to their peace time lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIL9F-7-NKM

Episode 72

Noteworthy events

Rumour spreads through Alexandreia of a huge earthquake, hitting Rhodos and felling the colossal statue of Helios. Apparently, the oracle of Delphi is to be consulted as to what it portends. The Basileus, hearing the news from one of his daughters, scoffs, attributing the disaster to divine retribution. 'Rhodos has paid for it's involvement in the theft of Knossos.' Meanwhile, to the extreme south, Karys Kasu, the installed allied leader and foremost authority in Meroe's oligarchy, sends word to the Basileus (taking several weeks to arrive), that vital gold mining operations, in the north of its holdings, have been disrupted and deposits seized, by a north African tribe, led by a certain, Praxinos. The Basileus, furious that the general economy, still finding its feet, could be threatened, falls into a dire rage, shouting he shall execute each and every one of the thieves himself. The messenger assures the Basileus that Karys has implemented an intense conscription programme, and that, the warriors raised from this have been supplemented by professional and mercenary contingents from Pseklis. Aetous Aetou, seizing what may be his final chance to impress the Basileus, has taken command of the army, seconded by his son in law, Sostratos Philoterios. They have rapidly marched south and combined with the forces of Meroe some distance north of the settlement. The Basileus calms, and orders his personal haruspex to seek omens; which, after deliberation, and some tinkering, seem relatively favourable. Aeotus Aetou, marches to a position some close distance west of the gold mines and sends scouts to observe the enemy. They return, stating that many carts, loaded with deposits are travelling east from the mines and that the current slaves are being used to drive this enterprise. Without further delay Aeotus Aetou offers battle and Praxinos, knowing he has no time to retreat, accepts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSpNbfYXTJc

Episode 73

Noteworthy events

Hotly pursued, Praxinos retreats a little way north of the gold mines, near outlying settlements, but does not have time to pillage. The locals have, wisely, fled. These areas are secured by Sostratos and the Ethiopian contingents, as Aetous marches the main force towards Praxinos' last known location. After a time, Praxinos and his army of thieves appear on top of a steep hill; they are coming down for no-one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEw-Jo22e5I

is this playlist mirrored elsewhere? apparently the account was deleted

@hlidskjalf: I must apologise, I've recently created a new channel, which entailed deleting the old; regrettable, but necessary. That being said, I'm going to do a new Let's Play, or something along those lines. I've already chosen my new faction, randomly, and its an interesting one.... I will be attempting a more cinematic approach, taking inspiration from 'At World's End,' by HoundEFU and mixing this with some of my own elements. I've learnt a lot during this Let's Play and have been developing my video editing skills, so this next one will be more creative. I'm looking forward to it. Anyways, thank you for your support, hlidskjalf and see you again soon!

On a practical note, if possible, could a moderator close this thread down, as it has run it's course; thank you.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456