Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Raiuga's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

if you only have one disk drive you can always make a drive partition.

You can do that in "Create and format hard disk partitions", there are many tutorials on the internet.

I also have m2tw for steam, and what I've done was install steam on my second partition, where I save my documents, downloads and other stuff, and then created a steam library folder in my first partition where I have my OS and other programs installed.

There's no partition on my PC. I transferred Steam into my Games folder without any difficulty and it has worked without problems. Unless I've misunderstood, the aim is to get the game out of programme files and run them somewhere else.
    Last edited by parthian8; October 21, 2017 at 05:56 AM.

What is the simplest way to edit the campaign script file to have the faction reforms trigger every 1 or 2 turns automatically starting from 272 BC, in order to test them out?

Quote Originally Posted by MrKhazar View Post
    What is the simplest way to edit the campaign script file to have the faction reforms trigger every 1 or 2 turns automatically starting from 272 BC, in order to test them out?
    There isn't one. You have to use the index at the start of the script to find the reforms section and go through each one in turn, finding the concluding loop that triggers the reform.

The excited one's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    No they don't. There's a handful of units that haven't been finished on that side of things.

There is no typo, if you followed the instructions correctly, you will have installed 2.3, which says that.

Did you uninstall and delete the previous version of EBII?
    you are right, I think I had re-installed the previous version of EB.

One suggestion though: it would be nice if the file name/title in the installer would specify which EB2 version the installer is. Would be a decent idea
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Thank you EBII team. Reading the change list for this made me very excited! Downloading now
    Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    I am quite impressed by the fact that you managed to make such a rant but still manage to phrase it in such a way that it is neither relevant to the thread nor to the topic you are trying to introduce to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The excited one View Post
    you are right, I think I had re-installed the previous version of EB.

One suggestion though: it would be nice if the file name/title in the installer would specify which EB2 version the installer is. Would be a decent idea
    The very first installation pop-up window gives you the version number. No offense, but I don't think it's too much to ask that people actually read it. The whole message is only three sentences.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    The very first installation pop-up window gives you the version number. No offense, but I don't think it's too much to ask that people actually read it. The whole message is only three sentences.
    If I had the chance, I would've been absolutely wasted while trying to install it, so I wouldn't blame the dude for it especially if he had double vision

On another note, those portraits... Who can I kiss for making them? They look absolutely gorgeous. Also, I'm always extremely happy to see more province descriptions and it's so much fun to read them. Some provinces have nothing written for them whatsoever, such as Uidubiturigeis, Numidia Massylii, Akitosekuanoi, Uidu Teuto Ikoranda and Paropamisadai to name a few, but that just means we need to read more books and that's exactly what I'm going to do!

Suggestion for Dapacem and his install problem

If I were you and have not solved your problem I would buy a copy of Medeival2 Gold edition with disks off Amazon or such like.

Install it anywhere but no in C:\program files or Program86. And then patch it to 1.5 taking care to use the correct version of the patch as there are several. Then install ebii.

Then later buy a cheap external hard drive and copy the whole Total war game files and mod(s) to it. - then if you buy a new machine you can just copy it across but ensure that you remake shortcut links.

I've started my first serious attempt at a Suebi campaign in EBII. The new voice mod really helps with the immersion.

Some early feedback:

- It seems like Ermunahoimoz (sp.? The Sweboz starting province) and Duron (the province south of it) have their province description pictures mixed up. Pretty sure the coastal vista belongs to the province that actually has a coast; unfortunately, the rapeseed in the foreground might be somewhat ahistorical as a quick wikipedia check indicates that in Central Europe, rapeseed was first commercially cultivated in the Medieval period.
    Also, I want to point out that the province picture that currently attached to the former province shows a type of landscape (what looks like a spruce forest) that was very rare in Central Europe in pre-modern-forestry times, if it existed in that form at all - and if so, only in montane habitats. It'd be less egregious if attributed to Duron, though, because that region has more mountains.

- The PG battlefield voices are very low in volume relative to the SFX (not just the carnyx) and music. Also, the slinger voice has a slightly tinny quality to it (meaning the technical quality of the recording, not the pronunciation or something).

- Will there be more (Celto-) Germanic and Iberian units in future releases?

Dapacem
    Quote Originally Posted by jim600 View Post
    Suggestion for and his install problem

If I were you and have not solved your problem I would buy a copy of Medeival2 Gold edition with disks off Amazon or such like.

Install it anywhere but no in C:\program files or Program86. And then patch it to 1.5 taking care to use the correct version of the patch as there are several. Then install ebii.

Then later buy a cheap external hard drive and copy the whole Total war game files and mod(s) to it. - then if you buy a new machine you can just copy it across but ensure that you remake shortcut links.
    You should be able to move steam directory out of program files following offficial guide here https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7418-YUBN-8129
    You will need to verify game cache files on installed games and you might need to reinstall EB2, but your problems with modded games will be over.

EDIT What if you simply move M2TW out of steam folder to a safe place? Theoretically it should still work if you have steam running.
    Last edited by YourMadDoc; October 21, 2017 at 01:12 PM.

Yes, there are Celto-Germanic, Celtic regional, Germanic regional and Iberian regional units still to come.

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    - It seems like Ermunahoimoz (sp.? The Sweboz starting province) and Duron (the province south of it) have their province description pictures mixed up. Pretty sure the coastal vista belongs to the province that actually has a coast; unfortunately, the rapeseed in the foreground might be somewhat ahistorical as a quick wikipedia check indicates that in Central Europe, rapeseed was first commercially cultivated in the Medieval period.
    Also, I want to point out that the province picture that currently attached to the former province shows a type of landscape (what looks like a spruce forest) that was very rare in Central Europe in pre-modern-forestry times, if it existed in that form at all - and if so, only in montane habitats. It'd be less egregious if attributed to Duron, though, because that region has more mountains.
    Good catch on the two province icons, I'll make the swap. Not concerned about the rapeseed, though. Seeds of Brassica were found in Bronze Age Germanic contexts so it's local to that area in our timeframe.
    EBII Council

On another note, those portraits... Who can I kiss for making them? They look absolutely gorgeous. Also, I'm always extremely happy to see more province descriptions and it's so much fun to read them. Some provinces have nothing written for them whatsoever, such as Uidubiturigeis, Numidia Massylii, Akitosekuanoi, Uidu Teuto Ikoranda and Paropamisadai to name a few, but that just means we need to read more books and that's exactly what I'm going to do!
    The new Eastern and Saba/Nabatu portraits are from Spata (who also made the camels and the new elephants). Totally agree, they look great!

As for province descriptions, that was a focus area for this release and there can't be more than 10 that don't have some sort of description - a BIG improvement over v2.2
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Yes, there are Celto-Germanic, Celtic regional, Germanic regional and Iberian regional units still to come.
    Excellent. Without asking you to spoil too much by giving concrete descriptions, will they bring more functional diversity to those regions? For example, the Iberian and Celtic factions currently seem to lack anything with the AP attribute, and their tactical options in general seem limited, whereas the Suebi at least have clubmen, and later on pikemen and heavy cavalry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    Not concerned about the rapeseed, though. Seeds of Brassica were found in Bronze Age Germanic contexts so it's local to that area in our timeframe.
    Yeah, that one's not a biggie, seeing as there is no large field visible in the picture.

I found a reproducible bug that I last saw in 2.2r. Click on 'Single Player' then 'Grand Campaign' then click 'Back' then 'Custom Battle' and it will crash the game. Here is a .zip of the log: eb.system.log.txt.zip

I found a reproducible bug that I last saw in 2.2r. Click on 'Single Player' then 'Grand Campaign' then click 'Back' then 'Custom Battle' and it will crash the game. Here is a .zip of the log: eb.system.log.txt.zip
    That's hardcoded. Nothing we can do about it. Annoying as hell, too, especially for somebody like me who is CONSTANTLY running playtests.
    EBII Council

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

I have a question. In my Parthia campaign, I can't seem to make the "Royal Clan land" building any more, I can only make "Allied clan land". Is there some sort of limit on how many provinces you can assign as Royal Clan land? Also, some of my provinces have high levels of corruption. Is there any way of reducing corruption? I can't see any buildings that would reduce it...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    I am quite impressed by the fact that you managed to make such a rant but still manage to phrase it in such a way that it is neither relevant to the thread nor to the topic you are trying to introduce to the thread.

not sure whats happening but raiding doesnt seem to work. as Pahlava i dipersed 3 of FMs to neighboring Seleukid provinces where they stood for a number of turns but no tile devastation occured and no income was added judging by the finance reports. the only devastation that happened was from the stack of my FH who had 5 loyalty rings (and kingdom to rule soon) yet decided to go rogue. That was Arshak's father, so pretty much game over from immersion and recreating exploits pov. bummer.

edit: historcal battle of Gaza army selection screen has Makedonian star instead of Seleukid anchor.
    Last edited by Sarkiss; October 21, 2017 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1204 View Post
    I have a question. In my Parthia campaign, I can't seem to make the "Royal Clan land" building any more, I can only make "Allied clan land". Is there some sort of limit on how many provinces you can assign as Royal Clan land? Also, some of my provinces have high levels of corruption. Is there any way of reducing corruption? I can't see any buildings that would reduce it...

Thanks
    There are only three valid locations for the Royal Clan building now: Nisaya, Assak and Hekatompylos, and only before the Imperial reform. Sauromatian, Sakan and Bosporan Royal Clan buildings are similarly restricted.

Moving your capital is the only way to reduce corruption, or getting a good governor in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    not sure whats happening but raiding doesnt seem to work. as Pahlava i dipersed 3 of FMs to neighboring Seleukid provinces where they stood for a number of turns but no tile devastation occured and no income was added judging by the finance reports. the only devastation that happened was from the stack of my FH who had 5 loyalty rings (and kingdom to rule soon) yet decided to go rogue. That was Arshak's father, so pretty much game over from immersion and recreating exploits pov. bummer.

edit: historcal battle of Gaza army selection screen has Makedonian star instead of Seleukid anchor.
    Were you at war with the Seleukids? I don't think devastating works unless it's a hostile faction.

Note the number doesn't show up in the finance report at all, it's a direct addition to your treasury.

No idea about historical battles.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; October 21, 2017 at 04:43 PM.