Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Quote Originally Posted by Neyak View Post
    I know that tabbing in and out is discouraged for stability reasons. My point is that even when I defy all good sense and decorum and decide to tab out anyway, the game is still completely stable for me.
    Thanks, this made me laugh!

As a good friend of mine liked to say, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't stop him from drowning in it"
    EBII Council

Arevakoi EB 2.3 H/H at 750 turns...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arevakoi 750.jpg  

It seems that the Makedones dinasty has gained power in the Kingdom of Pergamon

Care to share any more details from this impressively long campaign?

Colos

@ Colos1987 # 463
    Plenty of fighting against Roma when they head west then up to Uiennos. Beaten them back, and sacked a few of their cities, so they now seem to be heading east.
    Deliberately fought and sacked the Pritanoi. They recover very quickly and field huge stacks rapidly.
    The Haedui will often wait on the coast to fight the Pritanoi. The lack of ships preventing them crossing the channel...but they do cross eventually to fight the Pritanoi.
    Nabatu horded early. Even though they had 3.2 million for ages, their army only comprised of family members when I destroyed them recently at Ammon (might be a cash script glitch somewhere?)
    KH have sat on Rhodos since forever. I saw a post where Rhodos had the lowest base rebellion level though...I wonder if that's the cause?

Other than that, very tough to hold the Empire together. Lots of rebuilding gubbermints to get fresh client rulers...and sending the useless ones off to war!

Last edited by Voice of Treason; November 17, 2017 at 01:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Treason View Post
    Even though they had 3.2 million for ages, their army only comprised of family members when I destroyed them recently at Ammon (might be a cash script glitch somewhere?)
    That shouldn't be happening, anything over 30k should be clawed back to 10k. I wonder if there's an error in the horde cash?

@QS #465 FYI

I think the chart display adjusts during game progression?
    I'm pretty sure Nabatu had 3.2 million in detail when alive.
    Since their demise, the graph's highest value is 3 million...same difference though.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cash.jpg  

yah nabata in my campaign is with 400k and they are a horde.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Biarchus

Hordes always gain huge amounts of cash. I thought that was known....

Recently I've started new Aedui campaign. Here are some feedback.

Campaign map

Aedui, turn 79

Currently I'm still in peace with all other live factions (Arverni were destroyed by my troops on turn 4), but soon I expect clashes with my neighbours to begin. It promises to be interesting, given that've already taken almost all native Western Celtic regions.

Questions

1) Was it done intentionally that in case of revolt in a settlement the whole army within it perish in full strength, including generals, whatever big it would be? If so, how one should act in case of civil riots in a settlement? Withdraw his army from the settlement immediately and wait for a revolt? It looks unnatural and strange somehow. Is there smth else to do with this?

2) In administration buildings descriptions there are some good clarifications of how they influence on recruiting within the region, but much less is said about consequences for building possibilities. While as for me, construction possibilities are as important factor of choosing the administration type, as recruitment pool is.
    For example, I wonder what kind of administration building enables more buildings within a settlement - Migration or Allied state? There is no tip on this in the Player Guide. Could you explain, how one should reason in this case?
    And of course, we'd like to see such information in the future Player Guide's versions.

Bugs&oddities

1) Rebel generals (at least of armies spawn from the campaign start) have traits "Wants to settle" even they are of settled nations (in non-nomadic rebel settlements or in regions with sch settlements). Looks quite strange.

2) A rebel general in Massalia (town in Saluvii lands), who appears to be Greek or Hellenised both by his portrait and name (Aiakides), has trait "Hates Clever-clever Greeks". Does he hate himself?

3) Allied state of Celts peoples (Kondates) doesn't have description in Building construction report - only a placeholder. I hope it will be fixed in the future releases.

4) Neither do Armorican Tribesmen. They also have no description at all. Seems to be mentioned in the changelog so probably will be fixed in the future.

Are you interested in the further feedback on that campaign or in general?

And thank you for keeping on your amazing work!

Are you interested in the further feedback on that campaign or in general?
    Yes, we are.

Quote Originally Posted by d'Asseaux View Post
    Questions

1) Was it done intentionally that in case of revolt in a settlement the whole army within it perish in full strength, including generals, whatever big it would be? If so, how one should act in case of civil riots in a settlement? Withdraw his army from the settlement immediately and wait for a revolt? It looks unnatural and strange somehow. Is there smth else to do with this?
    Revolt is largely hardcoded mechanics over which we have no control.

2) In administration buildings descriptions there are some good clarifications of how they influence on recruiting within the region, but much less is said about consequences for building possibilities. While as for me, construction possibilities are as important factor of choosing the administration type, as recruitment pool is.
    For example, I wonder what kind of administration building enables more buildings within a settlement - Migration or Allied state? There is no tip on this in the Player Guide. Could you explain, how one should reason in this case?
    And of course, we'd like to see such information in the future Player Guide's versions.
    Allied States are "higher" than Migration, but it has no impact on infrastructure choices (because Migration is the minimum bar, the next one is Confederation). It does impact trait and ancillary acquisition sometimes.

Bugs&oddities

1) Rebel generals (at least of armies spawn from the campaign start) have traits "Wants to settle" even they are of settled nations (in non-nomadic rebel settlements or in regions with sch settlements). Looks quite strange.

Rebels are cul_6 (Steppe), so they may trigger those sometimes.

2) A rebel general in Massalia (town in Saluvii lands), who appears to be Greek or Hellenised both by his portrait and name (Aiakides), has trait "Hates Clever-clever Greeks". Does he hate himself?
    Greeks like to hate other Greeks, what do you think Stasis is?

3) Allied state of Celts peoples (Kondates) doesn't have description in Building construction report - only a placeholder. I hope it will be fixed in the future releases.
    They're all missing their "short description".

4) Neither do Armorican Tribesmen. They also have no description at all. Seems to be mentioned in the changelog so probably will be fixed in the future.
    They didn't make it in before the cut-off for compiling 2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Revolt is largely hardcoded mechanics over which we have no control.
    In vanilla MTWII riot causes garrison army to leave the settlement, not to die entirely.
    Was this massacre introduced by the mod?
    How can we prevent army extermination during revolt besides withdrawing all units from the city?

Allied States are "higher" than Migration, but it has no impact on infrastructure choices (because Migration is the minimum bar, the next one is Confederation). It does impact trait and ancillary acquisition sometimes.
    Does it mean that the pool of buildings available for construction will be the same for those both administrations?

In vanilla MTWII riot causes garrison army to leave the settlement, not to die entirely.
    Was this massacre introduced by the mod?
    How can we prevent army extermination during revolt besides withdrawing all units from the city?
    This doesn't happen to me personally, or the AI, in my experience. The army ends up just getting kicked out of the settlement in > 90%(estimate) of the times. Could just be a one-off? It's certainly not the norm for most players, or a systemic problem in the mod that we know of. How big was the garrison?

Big enough. 20 units, around 3/4 of the stack coloured.
    A general (27 years-old blooded Bituriges Kingetos, Well supplied, Good tactician, Mere populist), 2 Kuperos (96 and 98 men), 2 Akus Eporedoi (90, 76), Argoi (71), Nedes Nesamoi (101), Nedes Nesamoi merc (99), Betoroi (123), 2 Gargokladioi (68, 60), 3 Usisparos Kintgetoi (84, 142, 49), 3 Uassoi (191, 224, 194) and 2 Koxsalotoi (128, 141).
    2237 men in total.

Settlement - Marobona (on the strategic map; in the city description - still Alababagena however), 3566 citizens, 37% Western tribal states culture (my native) and 40% public order. Rioting for about three turns.

After ending the turn - the city revolts on the Eleuteroi turn with my army totally destroyed and a half-stack rebel army appearing in the province.
    Save is available upon request.

You can't change settlement descriptions in-game, no matter what you do to the name on the map.

You can't change settlement descriptions in-game, no matter what you do to the name on the map.
    As for me, I didn't change anything at all.
    But I was inaccurate: it was city name on the campaign map's pop-up tip that changed to the Celtic one automatically after my conquest of Albabagena.
    The city name itself and its name in the settlement description remained the same.

Btw, what about including in the mod the script, renaming cities depending on what faction controls them? Like it's done in some other mods.
    Have you already considered such an option? I think it would add a good flavour of national peculiarities to every campaign.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

But I was inaccurate: it was city name on the campaign map's pop-up tip that changed to the Celtic one automatically after my conquest of Albabagena.
    The city name itself and its name in the settlement description remained the same.

Btw, what about including in the mod the script, renaming cities depending on what faction controls them? Like it's done in some other mods.
    Have you already considered such an option? I think it would add a good flavour of national peculiarities to every campaign.
    Already included. Taras should change to Tarentum after capture by the Romans for example.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

There's already an extensive settlement-renaming script.

But no matter what the name is, you can't change the province description. No option exists to do that, and it would also mean having to write a host of alternative ones for a range of potential name changes.

Save is available upon request.
    Assuming that you are using an unmodified v2.3, please post the save. I'd like to take a look.
    EBII Council

There's already an extensive settlement-renaming script.

But no matter what the name is, you can't change the province description. No option exists to do that, and it would also mean having to write a host of alternative ones for a range of potential name changes.
    Right you are, I remember that I've seen the script working during my previous campaign.
    So I can only wish you to extend the number of the settlements covered by the script and renaming options (to the extent that won't hurt performance).

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    Assuming that you are using an unmodified v2.3, please post the save. I'd like to take a look.
    Here you are: http://rgho.st/8Hf7sNNQS
    Please, contact me, if I can help you anyhow else.

P.S. I always use unmodified mods to avoid instability issues.
    Last edited by d'Asseaux; November 18, 2017 at 12:17 PM.