Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

First post updated with direct download links.

postm00v's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    Titles? The Cursus Honorum is essentially complete. I don't think anything of that nature was changed in this patch, but I forget what features are which sometimes since I've been mostly playing the test build not 2.2.
    It's on the change log, so that's why I asked.

Thanks team...for all the hard work!
    Gonna get me a Direct Download (fingers crossed) now.

May the Bartixian 20 Watt Light bulb of Illumination forever guide your path...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!! You are THE BEST!
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

also:

JOIN PETITION OF REMOVING HARDCODED LIMITS

LET CA HEAR YOU !

2.3 now has a complete set of "Captains" that are different from the Generals. However, they are disabled, because the file in question, the descr_character is an either/or choice. Either you have proper generals in Custom Battle, multiplayer and historical battles (and no distinction between Captains and Generals in the campaign), or you can get a distinction between Generals and Captains in campaign battles only (but in the other three you always see Captains).

If you want the latter, download this and put it in your mods\ebii\data\ folder: descr_character.txt

As always, back up your file so you can revert before you apply this. I have no idea if this is a savegame compatible change.

Quote Originally Posted by postm00v View Post
    It's on the change log, so that's why I asked.
    Just be aware, the changelog maps what has changed since 2.2b, so if you've been playing 2.2c-2.2r, many of those things will not be "new".

"Either you have proper generals in Custom Battle, multiplayer and historical battles (and no distinction between Captains and Generals in the campaign), or you can get a distinction between Generals and Captains in campaign battles only (but in the other three you always see Captains)."
    Wait, Quintus, you said if one wants the latter, meaning the second option - distinction between Generals and Captains - you'd have too download the file. So that means in the default EB2 2.3, generals and captains are one and the same? Maybe this file that restores difference in looks between these two ranks of officers should be put up in the front page?

How do you uninstall the previous iterations of EB2? the guide talks about there being a "uninstal EBII" option in my start menu, but I don't see it. Do I just uninstall it from the default Program configuration page (windows 7).
    The letter "D" on my keyboard sometimes fails to work. I usually notice it when it happens but some o slip through the net...

If you see EB2 in your Program configuration page you can uninstall it from there. Otherwise if you have to, just delete the 'ebii' folder in the 'mods' directory of your m2tw install and that should be ok.

on windows 7 i went to control panel then on uninstall programs and EB 2 2.2 was there to be uninstalled.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    If you see EB2 in your Program configuration page you can uninstall it from there. Otherwise if you have to, just delete the 'ebii' folder in the 'mods' directory of your m2tw install and that should be ok.
    Thanks for the swift reply!

EDIT: and thanks you too Wulfburk.

I've uninstalled from the Program Configuration page.
    Last edited by The First; October 19, 2017 at 01:36 PM.
    The letter "D" on my keyboard sometimes fails to work. I usually notice it when it happens but some o slip through the net...

Awesome!! Recommended difficulty still H/H ? Playing Getai right away!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightsh4de View Post
    Awesome!! Recommended difficulty still H/H ? Playing Getai right away!!!!
    I say it's H/M, z3n says it's H/H. Take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooploop View Post
    Wait, Quintus, you said if one wants the latter, meaning the second option - distinction between Generals and Captains - you'd have too download the file. So that means in the default EB2 2.3, generals and captains are one and the same? Maybe this file that restores difference in looks between these two ranks of officers should be put up in the front page?
    Yes, in 2.3 by default the situation remains as before - Captains and Generals look the same. Ie both use the General model.

If apply this file, in the campaign only, they will be different. However, in Custom Battles, multiplayer and historical battles, you will only see Captains leading your armies.

no way, an armorican unit!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    2.3 now has a complete set of "Captains" that are different from the Generals. However, they are disabled, because the file in question, the descr_character is an either/or choice. Either you have proper generals in Custom Battle, multiplayer and historical battles (and no distinction between Captains and Generals in the campaign), or you can get a distinction between Generals and Captains in campaign battles only (but in the other three you always see Captains).
    i might be wrong but my feeling was that single player campaings is what the majority of players plays the most. a little odd perhaps to have it disabled for a campaign... in either case, adding this info and file in question to the OP might be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    i might be wrong but my feeling was that single player campaings is what the majority of players plays the most. a little odd perhaps to have it disabled for a campaign... in either case, adding this info and file in question to the OP might be a good idea.
    I agree, and so do other team members, but we have nothing like a settled position on it. So for now, we've left it as it was, only now the option meaningfully exists for every faction.

Quote Originally Posted by hlidskjalf View Post
    no way, an armorican unit!
    Actually there are two: tribesmen and nobles.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Commios View Post
    Actually there are two: tribesmen and nobles.
    Ssshht, the latter aren't done yet.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

in Egrisi and Kartli Province :

Wrong Form - Zaneni , Kartveleni
    Georgian right form is - Zanebi , Kartvelebi

english rigth form is - Zans , Karts

please fix it
    Last edited by Khevsur; October 19, 2017 at 03:18 PM.