Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    I've played a campaign past turn 220 and haven't had a single CTD yet. There must be something wrong, I don't think this has ever happened to me in TW before
    Same thing here. I'm about 150-200 turns ingame so far without a crash. Exceptionally stable version.

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Treason View Post
    250 turns of Carnyx parping and Iberian butt-trumpetry...

Nah, not really.
    I got gustave's submod after I had gotten to 147 turns...and realised I had tinnitus

If anyone feels like making a mod to increase the Carnyx sounds,

The first time I moved a unit of Galatian Raiders, I almost fell out.
    Last edited by Krampus; October 28, 2017 at 10:48 AM.

i think im actually losing in my campaign

hm.

Biarchus

So, I hate to complain but my turn times are extremely long right from turn 1. I just timed 5 minutes and 30 seconds for turn #2. In the previous 2.2 series, my turn times started at about a minute and a half before gradually getting longer as the campaign went on. Is there anything I can do? What's different from the 2.2 series? Months ago I installed the patch that can't be named, do I have to re-install it? Would the uninstall of version 2.2 have removed the patch. I can't remember where that patch was installed, in M2TW directly or in the EB2 folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
    So, I hate to complain but my turn times are extremely long right from turn 1. I just timed 5 minutes and 30 seconds for turn #2. In the previous 2.2 series, my turn times started at about a minute and a half before gradually getting longer as the campaign went on. Is there anything I can do? What's different from the 2.2 series? Months ago I installed the patch that can't be named, do I have to re-install it? Would the uninstall of version 2.2 have removed the patch. I can't remember where that patch was installed, in M2TW directly or in the EB2 folder.
    Is your logging set to the default for 2.3, on error, not trace?

While the script is much better optimised than 2.2b was, there's also a lot more in it. In terms of sheer size, there's the recruitment limitation script which is about 85% of the volume. Turn 2 should be shorter than turn 1 though, because lots of faction-specific features are switched off.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

The instructions clearly state in the OP "This is a complete installation, it's best if you remove any previous versions of EBII you have installed" but saying that, I have the same problem and I did a fresh install of M2TW for EB 2.3.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; October 28, 2017 at 07:01 PM. Reason: typo
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Is your .exe set to compatibility mode? I took mine off and the turns were normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Just a note, turn time decreased for me when i stopped putting the kingdoms.exe on windows xp compatibility mode (win 7 here). No crashes either, though i still run it as administrator.
    This worked, thanks.

Biarchus

Just a note, turn time decreased for me when i stopped putting the kingdoms.exe on windows xp compatibility mode (win 7 here). No crashes either, though i still run it as administrator.

Wow. This is huge. I missed this post. Thanks for all the responses from everyone but this fixed it for me. I recently put my steam M2TW executable on compatibility mode as per the link in the first page but after taking it off, my turn time went from 5 and a half minutes to 43 seconds. I never had any issues in the past with crashes so I think I will leave it like this.

Thank you!!!

I really wasn't sure if I wanted to continue the campaign but I definitely will now.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMadDoc View Post
    Same thing here. I'm about 150-200 turns ingame so far without a crash. Exceptionally stable version.
    There should be no repeatable CTD up to at least turn 386 (that's tha farthest I got during testing times).

Months ago I installed the patch that can't be named, do I have to re-install it?
    That sounds like some evil beast, "patch, that can't be named". But no, it alters M2TW executables so unless you reinstalled a whole game, you don't have to do it again.

The instructions in the OP suggest putting it on Windows 7 compatibility mode, not Windows XP.

Leusitane is unable to build a Stone Wall to unlock Large City buildings such as Druidic College. Is this intentional?

Quote Originally Posted by MrKhazar View Post
    Leusitane is unable to build a Stone Wall to unlock Large City buildings such as Druidic College. Is this intentional?
    Yes, intentional, they're not on the subset of factions able to build a Large Stone Wall.

Is the Druidic College for the Getai a placeholder for something in the future like a College for Zalmoxis priests?

Quote Originally Posted by MrKhazar View Post
    Is the Druidic College for the Getai a placeholder for something in the future like a College for Zalmoxis priests?
    A consequence of the Getai being cul_5(barbarians). Just think of it as a College for Kapnobatai instead

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Skahn View Post
    A consequence of the Getai being cul_5(barbarians). Just think of it as a College for Kapnobatai instead
    Hello !
    Could you please tell me what are the correspondence Cul_1 etc with cultures and factions ? That would really help Mac users for the settlements !
    cul_1 = ?
    cul_2 = ?
    cul_3 = ?
    cul_4 = ?
    cul_5 = barbarians
    cul_6 = ?
    cul_7 = ?
    If I can get this correspondance I think I will be able to make a settlements fix for the Mac users, that would be really great !

In the file ebii.cfg that comes as default why does it have windowed = 0 when you reccomend it to be windowed = 1 ?

Also is the trace and error lines under [log] the correct way around?

Quote Originally Posted by Aerys IV le Grand View Post
    Hello !
    Could you please tell me what are the correspondence Cul_1 etc with cultures and factions ? That would really help Mac users for the settlements !
    cul_1 = ?
    cul_2 = ?
    cul_3 = ?
    cul_4 = ?
    cul_5 = barbarians
    cul_6 = ?
    cul_7 = ?
    If I can get this correspondance I think I will be able to make a settlements fix for the Mac users, that would be really great !
    cul_1 = Western Greek
    cul_2 = Romans
    cul_3 = Eastern Greek
    cul_4 = Eastern
    cul_5 = Barbarians
    cul_6 = Steppe
    cul_7 = Semitic

Thanks a lot ! That will be very helpful !