Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

just a note, i took sparta only now on turn 200 as epeiros, when pyrrhus AND that spartan claimant guy were long dead already. (i didnt push to take the citiy in the start precisely because both died). And in the message event after i took it, it said pyrrhus is now the only one that manage to take sparta, and some stuff about we should reward that kleonymus guy in sparta.

So maybe change the message to a more generic one, or make it check if pyrrhus and that kleonymus guy are alive? and if not then send a generic one?

Just changing from pyrrhus to "the ruler of epeiros", and saying something like "we first attempted to secure sparta following the claims of kleonymus, and now finally the city is under our control", would do swell.

edit: now i got the message of basileus kleonymus, made ruler of sparta and what not... he's been dead for some 100 turns
    Last edited by Wulfburk; November 05, 2017 at 12:34 PM.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

So I'm playing a Takashasila playthrough now, a HUGE stack of eleutheroi indians comes roaring out of nowhere (presumably the edge of the map) and takes Sagala from me. Really caught me off guard.
    Is this a scripted thing similiar to the troublesome regions? Occasionaly large rebel armies come out of nowhere from the eastern edge of the campaign map?

That's probably thr Mauryan invasion. Check the faction reforms thread stickied in the AAR-subforum above.

Colos

Quote Originally Posted by Colos1987 View Post
    That's probably thr Mauryan invasion. Check the faction reforms thread stickied in the AAR-subforum above.

Colos
    Forgot to add. I didn't refuse to pay tribute so I don't think it was sent by the Mauryan.

Taksashila starts off with 2 large rebel stack in the vicinity. I located them both once at the start with my agents. I don't think armies can come out the edge of the map aside from the Mauryan Invasion.

Biarchus

200 turns in. There's still 4 rebel settlements in a row in Illyria which I think is awesome. This looks to be the most balanced version of EB2 yet. It's nice to see some rebels representing some independent peoples.

First of all big thank you to the team. I have always been a fan of historically acurate games and mods but found so far nothing that can compare to this mod.

I'm currently playing as Rome at about turn 200. Recently Rome conquered the Areuakoi capital Segeda which also eliminated the faction. The next turn the city revolted and the faction reemerged - so far no big deal, this can of course happen. Oddly however they didn't get the revolting town Segeda back but Patavium in northern Italy although this never was an Areuakoi city before. Is this supposed to happen?

Some more feedback from my time playing:

• After the Lougiones turned to a Horde they suddenly started to amass incredible amounts of money. According to the statistics they reached at some point 300'000+
    • After installing quite a lot of allied gouvernments I get each turn lots of 'attuned gouvenor' trait messages often from characters which already got the trait at earlier turns. Can this be changed that the trait is only mentioned the first time they recieve it?
    • After besieging Mastia I got a warning that Carthage will declare war and a short time later the actual 'declaration of war' even though Carthage has at this point already been eliminated.
    • Lybian and Numidian enclaves have negative effects for Romans and no positive ones. They are also destructible. Can't they be directly removed after conquering the city? It really makes no sense to keep them besides a role play aspect. Otherwise they should be probably made indestrucitible to add a difficulty factor similar to other 'buildings' in the mod.
    • In Dalmatia there is no city upgrade at 6000 households available for Rome and therefore there is an everlasting gap in the road network in actual historical Roman territory. From a historical point of view this doesn't make much sense as Romans were famous for building roads everywhere they went. I'm pretty sure that Roman roads were present in this area at some point.
    • Is there a reason why there is no road connection along the northern adriatic coast? I understand that changing territory is a big issue but probably a road from Noreia to Nesactium could fill that gap?

These are anyway just minor issues in an otherwise great mod. Thanks again and keep up the good work!

All the TWCenter forums have been down since Sunday and have just come back recently. What was the problem - there seems to be no explanation ?

Just interested

Quote Originally Posted by jim600 View Post
    All the TWCenter forums have been down since Sunday and have just come back recently. What was the problem - there seems to be no explanation ?

Just interested
    Not sure why you post about this in the EBII section but here you go: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...2#post15440282

er.... because this was the site I wanted to see.

The game crashes whenever I select custom battles or after I click on "hotseat campaign" and select "grand campaign" (by the way, what's the difference between this one e the one other one?
    My game is the steam version and I use the shortcut for steam users.

"Mankind must establish an end to the war, or the war will establish an end to mankind" - John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal_Scipius View Post
    The game crashes whenever I select custom battles or after I click on "hotseat campaign" and select "grand campaign" (by the way, what's the difference between this one e the one other one?
    My game is the steam version and I use the shortcut for steam users.
    That's a hardcoded bug. We all have it.

In my game autosave is disappeard, I dont know why?? How to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Aemilius_Scaurus View Post
    First of all big thank you to the team. I have always been a fan of historically acurate games and mods but found so far nothing that can compare to this mod.

I'm currently playing as Rome at about turn 200. Recently Rome conquered the Areuakoi capital Segeda which also eliminated the faction. The next turn the city revolted and the faction reemerged - so far no big deal, this can of course happen. Oddly however they didn't get the revolting town Segeda back but Patavium in northern Italy although this never was an Areuakoi city before. Is this supposed to happen?

Some more feedback from my time playing:

• After the Lougiones turned to a Horde they suddenly started to amass incredible amounts of money. According to the statistics they reached at some point 300'000+
    • After installing quite a lot of allied gouvernments I get each turn lots of 'attuned gouvenor' trait messages often from characters which already got the trait at earlier turns. Can this be changed that the trait is only mentioned the first time they recieve it?
    • After besieging Mastia I got a warning that Carthage will declare war and a short time later the actual 'declaration of war' even though Carthage has at this point already been eliminated.
    • Lybian and Numidian enclaves have negative effects for Romans and no positive ones. They are also destructible. Can't they be directly removed after conquering the city? It really makes no sense to keep them besides a role play aspect. Otherwise they should be probably made indestrucitible to add a difficulty factor similar to other 'buildings' in the mod.
    • In Dalmatia there is no city upgrade at 6000 households available for Rome and therefore there is an everlasting gap in the road network in actual historical Roman territory. From a historical point of view this doesn't make much sense as Romans were famous for building roads everywhere they went. I'm pretty sure that Roman roads were present in this area at some point.
    • Is there a reason why there is no road connection along the northern adriatic coast? I understand that changing territory is a big issue but probably a road from Noreia to Nesactium could fill that gap?

These are anyway just minor issues in an otherwise great mod. Thanks again and keep up the good work!
    The faction re-emergence script sometimes goes awry, usually after a faction has re-emerged more than once. Nothing we can do about that, unfortunately, it's a complex script that doesn't appreciate being tinkered with.

There's a "clawback" script that should remove surplus money.

Not much we can do about gain messages, they're an all or nothing property.

I'd assumed all of those would have been triggered before anyone was destroyed; they'll need updating.

If we make enclaves auto-destructible, then they'll do that no matter who conquers them, which isn't the intent. They're not for the Romans, so simply destroy it. That the AI doesn't destroy them (because they don't destroy anything) is not an issue, it's a small counter to the hardcoded order bonuses they get.

Delmatia is a pastoral settlement, which impacts how it can upgrade and what can be built there.

We don't draw roads, the engine does. It chooses where they go based on the terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB0L View Post
    In my game autosave is disappeard, I dont know why?? How to fix it?
    Disabled in the config, because it corrupts saved games. This is deliberate, learn to save regularly. Re-activate it at your own peril.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    We don't draw roads, the engine does. It chooses where they go based on the terrain.
    If a single tile were added from Patavium's province to Noreia's then Etunoriki could have a road to its port.

However that would involve updating *all 200* province IDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivir Baggins View Post
    If a single tile were added from Patavium's province to Noreia's then Etunoriki could have a road to its port.

However that would involve updating *all 200* province IDs.
    We have a new script that will help with that but no one actively mapping at the moment, and it still takes a solid hour to prep the script.

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    I've had weird experiences with fire temples (Âtaroshan) when playing as Hayastan. The first one was I encountered was in Ganzak (Âtarpatakan), but it vanished when I took the town from the Eleutheroi. I didn't sack the town or anything, just occupied it.
    The second one was in Persis, which I bought from the Seleukids (bought, not bribed). This one stayed put, thankfully, but that makes the disappearance of the first one all the more weird. Also, do any other provinces have these temples?

Also, there was a weird placeholder thing which appeared in Baktria after the faction got resurrected there. Or at least that's when I noticed it. It didn't go away either. It's a marker in the building list with red writing on it.
    Made a thread about this in the Org but as that forum seems to be down (taking turns, apparently... ), just wanted to say that the issue persists with Pahlava, even when just bribing and not conquering. IIRC QS said that it might be because of the city tag in the EDB, I take it that it's this one (bolded)?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    building hinterland_eastern_fire_temple
    {
        religion rel_c
        levels fire_one fire_two
        {
            fire_one city requires factions { f_hayasdan, f_pontos, f_parthia, f_saka, }  and not building_present govslave and hidden_resource hr_c and hidden_resource hr_d and hidden_resource hr_e and hidden_resource hr_i ; Zarangai only
            {
                capability
                {
                    ;;; CORE BONUSES
                    religion_level bonus 1 requires factions { all, } and not region_religion rel_c 30 and event_counter ecReligionUpdate 1
                    law_bonus bonus 3 requires factions { f_hayasdan, f_pontos, f_parthia, f_saka, }
                    stage_games 1 requires factions { f_hayasdan, f_pontos, f_parthia, f_saka, }
                    ;;; NON-NATIVE ADMINISTRATION PENALTIES FOR HELLENISTIC FACTIONS
                    happiness_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_makedonia, } and building_present_min_level govmakedonia makedonia5 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    law_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_makedonia, } and building_present_min_level govmakedonia makedonia5 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    happiness_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_epeiros, } and building_present_min_level govepeiros epeiros5 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    law_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_epeiros, } and building_present_min_level govepeiros epeiros5 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    happiness_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_kh, } and building_present_min_level govkh kh1 and not building_present_min_level govkh kh6 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    law_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_kh, } and building_present_min_level govkh kh1 and not building_present_min_level govkh kh6 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    happiness_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_seleukid, } and building_present_min_level govseleukid seleukid2 and not building_present_min_level govseleukid seleukid6 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    law_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_seleukid, } and building_present_min_level govseleukid seleukid2 and not building_present_min_level govseleukid seleukid6 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    happiness_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_ptolemaioi, } and building_present_min_level govptolemaioi ptolemaioi5 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    law_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_ptolemaioi, } and building_present_min_level govptolemaioi ptolemaioi5 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    happiness_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_baktria, } and building_present_min_level govbaktria baktria2 and not building_present_min_level govbaktria baktria6 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    law_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_baktria, } and building_present_min_level govbaktria baktria2 and not building_present_min_level govbaktria baktria6 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    happiness_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_pergamon, } and building_present_min_level govpergamon pergamon5 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    law_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_pergamon, } and building_present_min_level govpergamon pergamon5 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                }
                material wooden
                construction 6
                cost 9600
                settlement_min town
                upgrades
                {
                    fire_two
                }
            }
            fire_two city requires factions { all, } and building_present core_castle_building and event_counter does_not_exist 1
            {
                capability
                {
                    ;;; CORE BONUSES
                    religion_level bonus 1 requires factions { all, } and not region_religion rel_c 30 and event_counter ecReligionUpdate 1
                    law_bonus bonus 3 requires factions { f_hayasdan, f_pontos, f_parthia, f_saka, }
                    happiness_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_makedonia, } and building_present_min_level govmakedonia makedonia5 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    law_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_makedonia, } and building_present_min_level govmakedonia makedonia5 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    happiness_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_epeiros, } and building_present_min_level govepeiros epeiros5 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    law_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_epeiros, } and building_present_min_level govepeiros epeiros5 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    happiness_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_kh, } and building_present_min_level govkh kh1 and not building_present_min_level govkh kh6 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    law_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_kh, } and building_present_min_level govkh kh1 and not building_present_min_level govkh kh6 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    happiness_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_seleukid, } and building_present_min_level govseleukid seleukid2 and not building_present_min_level govseleukid seleukid5 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    law_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_seleukid, } and building_present_min_level govseleukid seleukid2 and not building_present_min_level govseleukid seleukid5 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    happiness_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_ptolemaioi, } and building_present_min_level govptolemaioi ptolemaioi5 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    law_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_ptolemaioi, } and building_present_min_level govptolemaioi ptolemaioi5 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    happiness_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_baktria, } and building_present_min_level govbaktria baktria2 and not building_present_min_level govbaktria baktria6 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    law_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_baktria, } and building_present_min_level govbaktria baktria2 and not building_present_min_level govbaktria baktria6 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    happiness_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_pergamon, } and building_present_min_level govpergamon pergamon5 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    law_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_pergamon, } and building_present_min_level govpergamon pergamon5 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                }
                material wooden
                construction 1
                cost 100
                settlement_min town
                upgrades
                {
                }
    Could it be related to the settlement level (unlikely though, as it didn't happen with Persepolis, which was a Large Town)? What happens if I remove the tag? And is it savegame compatible?

Made a thread about this in the Org but as that forum seems to be down (taking turns, apparently... ), just wanted to say that the issue persists with Pahlava, even when just bribing and not conquering. IIRC QS said that it might be because of the city tag in the EDB, I take it that it's this one (bolded)?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    building hinterland_eastern_fire_temple
    {
        religion rel_c
        levels fire_one fire_two
        {
            fire_one city requires factions { f_hayasdan, f_pontos, f_parthia, f_saka, }  and not building_present govslave and hidden_resource hr_c and hidden_resource hr_d and hidden_resource hr_e and hidden_resource hr_i ; Zarangai only
            {
                capability
                {
                    ;;; CORE BONUSES
                    happiness_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_seleukid, } and building_present_min_level govseleukid seleukid2 and not building_present_min_level govseleukid seleukid6 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    law_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_seleukid, } and building_present_min_level govseleukid seleukid2 and not building_present_min_level govseleukid seleukid6 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                }
                material wooden
                construction 6
                cost 9600
                settlement_min town
                upgrades
                {
                    fire_two
                }
            }
            fire_two city requires factions { all, } and building_present core_castle_building and event_counter does_not_exist 1
            {
                capability
                {
                    ;;; CORE BONUSES
                    happiness_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_seleukid, } and building_present_min_level govseleukid seleukid2 and not building_present_min_level govseleukid seleukid5 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                    law_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { f_seleukid, } and building_present_min_level govseleukid seleukid2 and not building_present_min_level govseleukid seleukid5 ; unrest for Hellenic Administrations - ie not allowing some degree of local autonomy
                }
                material wooden
                construction 1
                cost 100
                settlement_min town
                upgrades
                {
                }
    Could it be related to the settlement level (unlikely though, as it didn't happen with Persepolis, which was a Large Town)? What happens if I remove the tag? And is it savegame compatible?
    Yes, removing that tag will fix the problem. It's the combination of having a religion and that tag together that makes them auto-destroy.

Not sure if changing it would be savegame compatible, though. I've never found any change to be, but some people can get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Yes, removing that tag will fix the problem. It's the combination of having a religion and that tag together that makes them auto-destroy.

Not sure if changing it would be savegame compatible, though. I've never found any change to be, but some people can get away with it.
    I've tested it now. It works, but it's not savegame compatible. So far, no weird side effects. I take it the tag was accidental?

I've tested it now. It works, but it's not savegame compatible. So far, no weird side effects. I take it the tag was accidental?
    Yes, from copying another building to make that one and not noticing it was there.