Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1631323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Settlements are better than they were; xHolyCrusader and Rafkos have worked wonders with what we have, but they're still ultimately tinkering at the margins of a broken and unfixable system.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

what's prec?

From Quintus: Short for precursor, it's a feature from RTW that they didn't disable in M2TW, and allows an infantry unit to throw a weapon before charging.

Default Re: The EBII Recruitment thread

The install is far too complicated. Can you make it easier, please?

"There's something comforting about subjectivity. You can never be wrong."
    -Ben Shapiro (explaining to a progressive about why the media prefers lies over truth)

My submod for DaC 2.2:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-(FINISHED!!!)

Default Re: The EBII Recruitment thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shield View Post
    The install is far too complicated. Can you make it easier, please?
    Sorry, we can't. The instructions are everything you need to do to ensure you have a stable game, we learned all of those through bitter experience.

Hi! Long time no posting or playing EBII, I want to get back to this awesome moda, but is it worth to start a campaign now? Or should I wait for 2.35? How far is it?
    Thank you!

It's ready when it's ready. Play a faction you wouldn't normally play.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianus V View Post
    Hi! Long time no posting or playing EBII, I want to get back to this awesome moda, but is it worth to start a campaign now? Or should I wait for 2.35? How far is it?
    Thank you!
    You definitely should take v2.3 out for a spin. It will help you get accustomed to some of the newer features (like raiding or handling the Greek Mosh pit). Avoid Pahlava for now (broken reform) and don't destroy the Pritanoi (their re-emergence code is screwy). Otherwise there's a few bugs here and there but most people find it to be pretty stable and enjoyable as-is. Be sure to read the "changelog" (in the download and appended to the opening post of this thread) as that may give you some ideas on faction choice.
    EBII Council

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

It is so great to see this great mod keep developing step by step and every few days same new units preview on the FB page.

Thanks so much for the work done until now and we support you

ps:

I played Pahlava when the reform works very well, I hope will be fixed in the next version

as a steamuser of med2 total war it is expected from me to move my entire installation of med 2 outside the program files folder. can it be on the same drive? because i only have one hard drive on my pc. otherwise i cannot install this beautifull goodlooking mod.

It can be on the same drive, it just needs to be outside program files. You should uninstall the game via Steam from your current folder, and make sure the game is properly deleted(check add/remove programs to see if med2 is still there after steam has uninstalled it). Then, as posted in the instructions AFAIK, you go through the process in steam of selecting a new install folder(anywhere outside program files is fine--I chose the default "C:\Games" folder), and voila, the game has been moved outside of program files and should theoretically work like a charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Skahn View Post
    It can be on the same drive, it just needs to be outside program files. You should uninstall the game via Steam from your current folder, and make sure the game is properly deleted(check add/remove programs to see if med2 is still there after steam has uninstalled it). Then, as posted in the instructions AFAIK, you go through the process in steam of selecting a new install folder(anywhere outside program files is fine--I chose the default "C:\Games" folder), and voila, the game has been moved outside of program files and should theoretically work like a charge.
    in that case i need to reinstall all of the other mods to? sigh that is a week work xd

well i tried but it seems my client only accepts only one installation folder per hard drive....
    Last edited by killiat_thegreat; September 30, 2018 at 10:09 AM.

I know how to fix the issue of steam only allowing one SteamLibrary folder for one drive. It won't allow you to move it via client settings. Instead, turn Steam client off and manually edit the following file: libraryfolders.vdf. It is located in Steam/Steamapps. You open it in notepad and add the following line before the "}" character:
    "2" "C:\\SteamLibrary"

Quote Originally Posted by wojtekimbier View Post
    I know how to fix the issue of steam only allowing one SteamLibrary folder for one drive. It won't allow you to move it via client settings. Instead, turn Steam client off and manually edit the following file: libraryfolders.vdf. It is located in Steam/Steamapps. You open it in notepad and add the following line before the "}" character:
    "2" "C:\\SteamLibrary"
    really thank you man!

is there any plans to make new historical battles?

Battle of ipsus would be awesome! Four armies, waterloo in NTW style... (lysimachus -mostly all inf, phalangitai etc- seleucus- all the elephants, chariots, and skirmish cavalries x demetrius-all the cavalry on the right flank-, antigonos -the bulk of the army) Antigonos and Demetrius being makedon faction and seleucus and lysimachus arche seleukeia (or seleukeia and lysimachus army as eleutheroi if possible).

If the movements of the four armies could be scripted to play as in history, that would be so awesome... (obviously you overruling the script on the army you chose to play)
    Last edited by Wulfburk; October 01, 2018 at 09:53 PM.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

My experience with the historical battles in the EBI was always a let down: the AI simply behaved so un-historically (and un-reasonably) that I'd stop almost immediately after the beginning.
    I wonder if the M2TW BAI provides for a better behavior?

On battles editor of MTW2 you can partially program AI behavior.

One strong change with this prec is you can alt-attack and hope to close in before the enemy volley, whereas with the jav check your units will waste a couple seconds and get almost certainly get properly decimated with pila! Nice to have that melee charge only option.

Hello,

Do you consider adding a fallback or alternative route to the carthaginian reforms someday in the future? Current reform requirements are great for historical accuracy but I was wondering if you may add something purely for gameplay reasons.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengazub View Post
    Hello,

Do you consider adding a fallback or alternative route to the carthaginian reforms someday in the future? Current reform requirements are great for historical accuracy but I was wondering if you may add something purely for gameplay reasons.

Cheers.
    I can't remember if it's in 2.3, but there's already one at turn 254/209BC in the development build.