Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimalim View Post
    Issue with Bosporan Kingdom recruitment:

Their highest level of government loses the ability to recruit Eplietikoi Thorakitai (which is available from their 2nd highest level, Paradynastic rule). I'm not sure whether this is a bug or it is intended, so I just wanted to mention it as it seemed weird to me. Why would they lose the ability to hand pick their best thorakitai to form an elite unit as a result of improving their royal bureaucracy?

Loving 2.3, really awesome work guys! Thank you!
    Their "highest" isn't actually the "best". The Bosporans don't work like the other Hellenistic factions in this regard, the advantage of the Royal Satrapy is that it can be assigned to a non-royal, a satrap who is potentially more trustworthy/less murderous than someone related to the king. If you've read anything on Bosporan history, you'll understand the relevance of that point.

In 2.3a the areas they're allowed in have been amended, so there's less crossover and it seeming like you should automatically upgrade one to the other. For the Paradynastes, it's now:

Code:
    and building_present hinterland_hellenistic_polis and region_religion rel_h 45 and hidden_resource anatolian or hidden_resource pontic or hidden_resource greek1 or hidden_resource greek2
    Whereas for the Royal Satrapy, it's:

Code:
    and building_present_min_level hinterland_hellenistic_polis polis_two and region_religion rel_h 55 and hidden_resource satrapy or hidden_resource royal_core
    The latter does now have Thorakitai Epilektoi. But as I said, the overlaps between the two are much less, there are many places where only one will be available.

1. Why are Sabeans able to recruit so many Tribal Lowlanders when compared to the Highlanders?

2. Since the Sabaen Tribal Units have armor upgrades, when do they get them?

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    1. Why are Sabeans able to recruit so many Tribal Lowlanders when compared to the Highlanders?
    Recruit so many where? The proportions of the two vary by province.

2. Since the Sabaen Tribal Units have armor upgrades, when do they get them?
    With the ThorakitaiReform. I've since moved all armour upgrades to the walls and standardised them, so don't remember how it was done in 2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Recruit so many where? The proportions of the two vary by province.

With the ThorakitaiReform. I've since moved all armour upgrades to the walls and standardised them, so don't remember how it was done in 2.3.
    Basically, you'll be able to recruit 4 or 5 lowlanders at max while the highlanders only have a maximum of 1 or 2. I've conquered all of the cities near Maryab and set Abd governments as it provides more troops.
    Last edited by Tactics Mayers; May 08, 2018 at 06:27 AM.

Basically, you'll be able to recruit 4 or 5 lowlanders at max while the highlanders only have a maximum of 1 or 2. I've conquered all of the cities near Maryab and set Abd governments as it provides more troops.
    Again, it varies by location, intentionally. They are available in equal amounts in Zafar. Shabwat and Tinma only have Lowlanders. Maryab is mostly Lowlanders. Najran has neither.

In my last game as macedon, by 250BC the seleucids were pretty much done for - i use toggle fow each 5 years or so to see the the whole situation around the map. I think the main cause is the disloyalty script for large empires, or just low level loyalty characters (not sure if the AI is affected by the disloyal big empire traits)
    I don't see the AI dealing well with these risks, they don't prioritise loyalty when giving a full stack to a general, jut command stars. So you have whole seleucid full stacks (more than 3 in my game) that went rogue, and the enemy AI takes full advantage by conquering regions piecemeal with little resistance.

Also, totally unrelated: would it be possible to make faction relation normalise slower? I can give gifts to outstanding (10), but the next turn, the relation is now good (8), one turn more is 6 and next is 5 (distrustful). I think relations degrade too fast even while you aren't doing anything, this is on Hard campaign, but the same thing happened in Normal. I would like to build good relations that last more than a few turns, even if they need to be maintained each few years by some gifts.
    Last edited by Hellenikon; May 08, 2018 at 07:28 AM.

Yeah, relations normalize very fast in 2.3. That wasn't the case in previous versions.

We've removed the difficulty-related normalisation altogether in 2.3a, that was the most egregious element.

We've removed the difficulty-related normalisation altogether in 2.3a, that was the most egregious element.
    Will 2.3a release in this year?

So while checking custom battles I noticed there's a unit of Garamit nobles on chariots - Merkabot Garamit.
    However, as Carthage I tried recruting them and they are not available wether I build local Native Administration/Punic Kleruchy/Allied Oligarchy. They do not come from local colonies as well.
    Is this unit available only to Numidia?

Quote Originally Posted by Sengazub View Post
    So while checking custom battles I noticed there's a unit of Garamit nobles on chariots - Merkabot Garamit.
    However, as Carthage I tried recruting them and they are not available wether I build local Native Administration/Punic Kleruchy/Allied Oligarchy. They do not come from local colonies as well.
    Is this unit available only to Numidia?
    They should be available in the Closely Allied Oligarcy for Carthage, but that's it.

Hello there. Currently playing as Saba.

1. Why does Bondsmen of the Kingdom provide no recruitment option in the Southern Arabian Settlements yet foreign settlemtments like Axum, Meroe and Mleiha have it? Is Tribal Asembly the only option?

2. Is it possible for Khamis to be recruited outside Maryab or are they only limited to that settlement only?

Hello there. Currently playing as Saba.

1. Why does Bondsmen of the Kingdom provide no recruitment option in the Southern Arabian Settlements yet foreign settlemtments like Axum, Meroe and Mleiha have it? Is Tribal Asembly the only option?
    It was some confusion over where it should be available - they've since been added and are in 2.3a.

2. Is it possible for Khamis to be recruited outside Maryab or are they only limited to that settlement only?
    They're limited to the top-tier government only (since they're regiments loyal to the king). That government is limited to southern Arabia, but not only to Maryab.

Are there any units planned to be added for Carthage & Africa and other regions under Carthage influence or do you consider their roster to be completed?

Are there any units planned to be added for Carthage & Africa and other regions under Carthage influence or do you consider their roster to be completed?
    Carthage's core roster is complete. However, there are still African and Iberian regional units still to come, not to mention more Italic regionals.

Carthage's core roster is complete. However, there are still African and Iberian regional units still to come, not to mention more Italic regionals.
    Any details regarding african units still to come you would be so kind to share? Names?
    thanks a lot!

Any details regarding african units still to come you would be so kind to share? Names?
    thanks a lot!
    Still being debated, but possibly Gaetulians. Otherwise it's the completion of the Ethiopian roster, though they're not really in Carthage's zone.

Do you plan to do a new pass on Carthaginian recruitment? It seems there are some crazy numbers there. In many provinces one can recruit more early libyan spearmen than local units - some places have been completely colonized it seems
    Up to 17 Libyan spearmen in Kontrebia is the most crazy example.
    Screenshots in the spoiler, dont mind the cash cheating, this save was fun research.

Do you plan to do a new pass on Carthaginian recruitment? It seems there are some crazy numbers there. In many provinces one can recruit more early libyan spearmen than local units - some places have been completely colonized it seems
    Up to 17 Libyan spearmen in Kontrebia is the most crazy example.
    Screenshots in the spoiler, dont mind the cash cheating, this save was fun research.

One was already done not long after 2.3 released; Settler Colonies now give local professionals, for the most part, not transplanted Libyans. There are generally less Libyans appearing outside of Africa.

Something to bear in mind as a more general rule: a lot of recruitment has been re-written since 2.3. It's a perennial thing whereby I often end up picking at something, then finding it needs rebalancing or adding some phased changes or the like.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; May 12, 2018 at 07:08 PM.

Hi ! Could someone explain the difference between an allied state (whatever oligarchic or democratic) and the native administration form of government ? Playing as Epeiros, which form of government would you advise to implement in Rhegion, Taras or Epidamnos, which all have mixed cultures and where the hellenistic culture is not dominant (yet)