Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 82324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Quote Originally Posted by asdfthemovie View Post
    There's nothing in that folder
    Then you've exhausted my knowledge of the Mac installation; without an error log, we can't diagnose what's going on with the game. I would suspect there might be a specific issue with your installation that's causing Mac-specific problems, but I don't have a clue.

I was doing the install on my non-steam version; I did it on my steam version a bit ago and it installed without a hitch, unlike the many problems I had installing it on the non-steam version. However, I can't figure out how to run the mod on my steam version. --features.mod=mods/ebii doesn't work.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Bussy recreating the second Punic War with my "Hannibal" (this dude being the son of Hamilcar Barca) Thx so much for this freaking awesome mod. Can't wait for the next patch!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180309183307_1.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	866.3 KB 
ID:	351317Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180309203801_1.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	969.6 KB 
ID:	351318Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180309204021_1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	853.3 KB 
ID:	351319
    One thing I noticed is that Elephants are kinda completely useless. You would think they'd be a bit tankier in melee but nah. They pretty much died when i rearcharged (!) the roman infantry, I think they need a little buff tbh

Quote Originally Posted by asdfthemovie View Post
    I was doing the install on my non-steam version; I did it on my steam version a bit ago and it installed without a hitch, unlike the many problems I had installing it on the non-steam version. However, I can't figure out how to run the mod on my steam version. --features.mod=mods/ebii doesn't work.
    Code:
    SandboxViolation: Medieval II Tota(62365) deny file-write-create /private/tmp/ZL_tmp
    Violation: deny file-write-create /private/tmp/ZL_tmp
    Sounds like whatever non-steam version you were running lacked permissions to write to that folder. However as you've got the steam version running, it's moot.

As far as your features go, MAC has case-sensitivity, right? So is your folder called mods/ebii or is it called mods/EBII? On Windows it doesn't matter, but on Mac it does. Adjust your --features.mod accordingly.

There is btw a celtic or british simply labelled as PLACEHOLDER

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    There is btw a celtic or british simply labelled as PLACEHOLDER
    Yes, it's the Armorican Tribesmen, their name just missed the cut-off for 2.3.

Is there a release date for 2.3a ?

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiß23 View Post
    Is there a release date for 2.3a ?
    No,so you shouldn't wait for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HuoShan View Post
    No,so you shouldn't wait for it.
    This. It'll be ready when it's ready, if you don't want to play your favourite faction in the meantime, try out something you wouldn't normally play. Then feed back to us so we can improve that one for 2.3a.

I noticed the AI kinda recruits cav in huge numbers:

Name:	20180311140414_1.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	934.6 KB 
ID:	351455
    my invasion of Italy felt like the Invasion of Rohan. (Maybe they've taken on the Campanian way of live!) is there a way to limit the AI on that part a bit?

something else I noticed very strongly in that playthrough is that the AI annoyingly runs around with one unit stacks:

Name:	20180311180949_1.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	351456 i can't remember if the AI did stuff like this in older versions but it's freaking annoying to fight the enemy that way

The AI does tend to have high-ish cavalry numbers (6 units including Generals is common), but honestly I like it as it makes battles more intense and challenging, as I always have cavalry inferiority and must engage their own intelligently. When numbers are equal, you are pretty much guaranteed to win the cavalry melee quickly without a ton of casualties, and then you can proceed to perform several rear charges against the enemy infantry and it's GG even if they're numerous. This way you take heavier losser to win the underdog fight and you'll have some more depleted cavalry units with whom rear charges are no longer viable and I then just use them to chase off routing units.

There is an AI proclivity to build stacks of like units, when left to their own devices. Had the Romans been left alone without fighting anyone for a while?

Fragmentation also seems to vary a bit, I thought we'd fixed it, usually if you give them time they'll sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by HarkonRules View Post
    The AI does tend to have high-ish cavalry numbers (6 units including Generals is common), but honestly I like it as it makes battles more intense and challenging, as I always have cavalry inferiority and must engage their own intelligently. When numbers are equal, you are pretty much guaranteed to win the cavalry melee quickly without a ton of casualties, and then you can proceed to perform several rear charges against the enemy infantry and it's GG even if they're numerous. This way you take heavier losser to win the underdog fight and you'll have some more depleted cavalry units with whom rear charges are no longer viable and I then just use them to chase off routing units.
    This. Having the AI recruit high numbers of cavalry is one of the biggest ways of making battles more difficult. Not only are the player's cavalry shenanigans put in check but the AI will perform its own flanking maneuvers.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    There is an AI proclivity to build stacks of like units, when left to their own devices. Had the Romans been left alone without fighting anyone for a while?

Fragmentation also seems to vary a bit, I thought we'd fixed it, usually if you give them time they'll sort it out.
    No, I was fighting them for Years. It was my recreation of the second "roman" war. Before that, they were fighting the Avernii in the north. I dunno about the fragmentation bit, it also happened in my Makedon campaign where I fought back a Boioi invasion and they trapped my army up north because they constantly surrounded me but did not attack at all. I could swear I haven't seen anything like this in earlier versions but I could be wrong ofc

Hey Quintus, I'm having a problem with installation. Twice now the installation has just frozen (using the auto-installer). It gets about two thirds of the way done then runs into a corruption with some parthian horse textures. Whether I ignore or retry it freezes up (stuck on horse_celtic_noble texture now). Am I the only one experiencing this?

Raiuga's Avatar Civis

Hi, I recently started a Macedon campaign and I noticed that Demetrios Antigonides (FL younger brother) has no ethnicity. Can this be a problem at my end? it seems very strange, never happened.

Note: I tried to find if this was posted already but had no luck, sorry if it did.

I feel dirty for saying so, but even I am already itching for 2.3a.

Played up to turn 200 as MAK (H Campaign and M Battle). Very stable except around turns 70-80 where it crashed frequently every 2-4 turns. Reputation may need tweaking - everyone I met is distrustful towards me - even those with whom I have only ever exchanged maps. I could probably send regular gifts or tribute to them but it would be probably be better if any "natural" movement was limited to neutrality or just one tier below that.
    Regards
    P.

Nothing wrong with relations, "Distrustful" is the middle rating:

Code:
      <attribute id="RELATIONS_0">Malevolent</attribute>
      <attribute id="RELATIONS_1">Abysmal</attribute>
      <attribute id="RELATIONS_10">Outstanding</attribute>
      <attribute id="RELATIONS_2">Terrible</attribute>
      <attribute id="RELATIONS_3">Very Poor</attribute>
      <attribute id="RELATIONS_4">Poor</attribute>
      <attribute id="RELATIONS_5">Distrustful</attribute>
      <attribute id="RELATIONS_6">Adequate</attribute>
      <attribute id="RELATIONS_7">Amiable</attribute>
      <attribute id="RELATIONS_8">Good</attribute>
      <attribute id="RELATIONS_9">Very Good</attribute>

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Nothing wrong with relations, "Distrustful" is the middle rating:

Code:
      <attribute id="RELATIONS_0">Malevolent</attribute>
      <attribute id="RELATIONS_1">Abysmal</attribute>
      <attribute id="RELATIONS_10">Outstanding</attribute>
      <attribute id="RELATIONS_2">Terrible</attribute>
      <attribute id="RELATIONS_3">Very Poor</attribute>
      <attribute id="RELATIONS_4">Poor</attribute>
      <attribute id="RELATIONS_5">Distrustful</attribute>
      <attribute id="RELATIONS_6">Adequate</attribute>
      <attribute id="RELATIONS_7">Amiable</attribute>
      <attribute id="RELATIONS_8">Good</attribute>
      <attribute id="RELATIONS_9">Very Good</attribute>
    Thanks for that - so it sounds worse than it is!