Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Biarchus

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Haha, that's hilarious. Good to see that there's some humor involved with the modding team.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Custard View Post
    Ok so what's happened to my client ruler!?!
    "Snow Prince"? Does he entertain trade routes to Colombia, by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    "Snow Prince"? Does he entertain trade routes to Colombia, by any chance?
    I'm not sure. I selected him and he responded with "first you get the money..."

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    Someone put in some more... "flavourful" ethnicity traits as placeholders and forgot to edit them in time. I believe this has been fixed for 2.3a.
    *coughs* Well, now it has. Got left on my workthread and forgot to circle back.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    *coughs* Well, now it has. Got left on my workthread and forgot to circle back.
    *Checks list*. Heh, I never actually integrated that new faction description for the KH... and Brennus has how many descriptions for me to proofread???
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    *Checks list*. Heh, I never actually integrated that new faction description for the KH... and Brennus has how many descriptions for me to proofread???
    As someone with very vague Ardiaei ancestry and experience with book editing, I volunteer to do the arduous (heh heh) work of proof-reading any and all descriptions, if the team will appreciate the help.

Laetus

Amaziiiing Work as always.Thank you veryyy much guys I especially loved this one,in Greece the situation is so exciting for me.I kinda miss admiral Lakmos but pff,at least I got that treacherous spartan guy xp.....I have only one question,and idk if anybody noticed or it only my problem:

When I siege with a general or more I ALWAYS have 1 built points. If I siege with a captain I have normal build points but as soon as there is a general in the army,all goes to 1.If I am the only one with this problem,how can I fix it please?

Thank you so much again for bringing us this gem

This mod is so good, I have actually bothered to log in and write this post..

Many thanks to the EB team for creating the best mod on Earth!

I was wondering if there were any plans in the future to implement some kind of Cappadocian lancer? I suppose the Caucasian lancer unit would be a suitable stand in if its recruitment was extended from the Armenian sphere of influence into Cappadocia proper.

- Carthage suffers nomadic raids if they are not allied to Numidia
    As Carthage I took all Numidian lands and then destroyed the faction after they created a horde. Despite this I'm still getting nomadic raids from time to time. The raid message clearly mentions Numidian king and soldiers escaping from his army to raid my lands. There is no Numidian king at all, only glorious republic left.
    Is this WAD?
    Apologies if this was mentioned somewhere already.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengazub View Post
    As Carthage I took all Numidian lands and then destroyed the faction after they created a horde. Despite this I'm still getting nomadic raids from time to time. The raid message clearly mentions Numidian king and soldiers escaping from his army to raid my lands. There is no Numidian king at all, only glorious republic left.
    Is this WAD?
    Apologies if this was mentioned somewhere already.
    Working exactly as designed. Killing the Numidian royalty removes the only source of authority that could reign in all those many chiefs with their raiding bands. The only circumstances under which they cease is if you are allied to Numidia, and that requires them to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Working exactly as designed. Killing the Numidian royalty removes the only source of authority that could reign in all those many chiefs with their raiding bands. The only circumstances under which they cease is if you are allied to Numidia, and that requires them to be alive.
    Would a vassal count as an ally for the script? Or does it need to be an actual alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenikon View Post
    Would a vassal count as an ally for the script? Or does it need to be an actual alliance?
    Vassalage is an alliance, mechanically. The script can only check for being allied, not what form that alliance takes.

Congrats on the new version it seems to have a lot of improvements, hope I'll have time soon to play, keep up the great work

LOL. There is a tiny Rebel fleet in a tiny lake just south of Ancyra (ankara).

It's a vanilla thing, it happens sometimes. There is a script that kills pirate fleets from time to time, so that mini-fleet will be gone, eventually.

Colos

It's a fantastic, incredible update to the best mod in existence.

Except I'm sad to see the Suqutra'n empire still hasn't been given proper place as a faction, despite the clear allusions to their historical presence with the depiction of their great leader, Gigantus. This firmly places the mod now into the category of the worst atrocities known to mankind. Good work regardless

Edit: Still waiting for the Suqutra'n berserkers with their lorica segmentata and three handed great-hammers to be added to the Roman merc pools >.>
    Last edited by Cryoshakespeare; November 02, 2017 at 10:07 AM.

OK I've been playing a few Saka playthroughs and I've noticed that Pahlava is REALLY aggressive and like an idiot I didn't notice that a specific event sets them off.
    When I take Shahr in east I get the 'There can be only one sun' message/mission followed by 'A request for aid' mission which is the same 'take Bukhurak from the enemy and you get lots of hot nomad chicks etc...'

After this happens the Pahlava recruit like crazy and each turn a half stack of units complete with FM spawns near Bukhurak and imediately leaves to attack the nearest enemy. In this case (pic attached) they had off to attack the Sarmatians.

Is this a glitch? Or is it a script?

I should point out that the minute I attack the Palahva every stack that's in the western steppe/along the caspian sea starts heading towards me.
    (In a previous game the same scenario totally demolished 95% of the Seleukids within 25 turns)
    I mean I like a challange but this is just insane!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails parthia wtf.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Custard View Post
    OK I've been playing a few Saka playthroughs and I've noticed that Pahlava is REALLY aggressive and like an idiot I didn't notice that a specific event sets them off.
    When I take Shahr in east I get the 'There can be only one sun' message/mission followed by 'A request for aid' mission which is the same 'take Bukhurak from the enemy and you get lots of hot nomad chicks etc...'

After this happens the Pahlava recruit like crazy and each turn a half stack of units complete with FM spawns near Bukhurak and imediately leaves to attack the nearest enemy. In this case (pic attached) they had off to attack the Sarmatians.

Is this a glitch? Or is it a script?

I should point out that the minute I attack the Palahva every stack that's in the western steppe/along the caspian sea starts heading towards me.
    (In a previous game the same scenario totally demolished 95% of the Seleukids within 25 turns)
    I mean I like a challange but this is just insane!
    Ah. That's a bug, entirely my fault for omitting something that stops it happening every turn.

This will be fixed in 2.3a...

The starting Sakan faction leader takes 2 turns to walk from his starting location to Alexandria-Eschate.

As Baktria, his stack teleports and is sieging Alexandria-Eschate on their first turn.

Why is it considered necessary to do that?