Thread: HELP: Editing Vanilla Unit Equipment

Default HELP: Editing Vanilla Unit Equipment

Hey everyone!
    So here's the deal. I'm completely new at modding. I've watched and read some tutorials on how to use the assembly kit and pack file manager but so far haven't found a single tutorial on what I want to do, which seems ever so simple. The thing I want to do is to replace the celtic swords used by the Nordic Warlords with heavy spathas instead. Later on I plan to do the same with all the other units that use the celtic swords, since i gravely despise the look of them, but I will start with just the Nordic Warlord unit until I get a hang of how this works. So just changing the swords in the assembly kit for the Nordic Warlord wasn't very hard. But when it comes to saving it as a mod and replacing an existing unit (In this case the Nordic Warlord) I'm at a loss. The only thing I've read in tutorials about replacing vanilla units so far is to name your mod with the same name as the unit you want to replace. Well, then what is the name and where can I find it!? I've checked so many different tutorials and searched around a lot but can't seem to find the answer. I'm not sure if you understood my problem completely but if you do, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stealth4Health's Avatar Civis

Default Re: HELP: Editing Vanilla Unit Equipment

I'd advice you to just use PFM for that. You might only need the AK for taking a look at how the models you want to use are called. So in PFM you go to New, Right Click, Add from Pack and choose the models .pack. Double click on the unit you want to change. After you have added it you can right click on the Variantmeshdefinition and Open as Text. Then go to the "weapon_02" slot and replace the line beneath with

Code:
    <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/weapons/nameofyoursword.rigid_model_v2"  imposter_model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/weapons/nameofyoursword.rigid_model_v2" >
    Save the mod in your data folder and that should do it.