Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Areuakoi Society

Default Areuakoi Society

For 2.3 The Areuakoi now have a political system on top of the new governments and colonies. We can discuss it here. This is what I have found so far.

Traits

Uiros Ueramos, Supreme Man (Faction Leader)
    The most powerful and influential of the Celtiberians

Ekuarezaks, Horse Lord (Faction Heir)
    Very influential and wealthy noble with a large entourage

Senior Assembly. The Senate, discusses all agendas except war
    Senizamus. Celtiberian elder
    Senator. Belongs to the Senior Assembly

Youth Assembly. Responsible for the war agendas
    Iuventus. Celtiberian youth
    Kontrebnai. Belongs to the Youth Assembly

Celtiberian Warrior Values. The true nature of Celtiberian men is to fight in battle. While he is young he must prove himself to the Celtiberian community in this way.
    turns into...
    Demonstrated Warrior Values
    Adequate Warrior Values
    Ignored Warrior Values

FM Mecenary traits are possible.

Ancillary

Biglobular Dagger. This is an important gift from the Uiros Ueramos(+2 loyalty) or the Ekuarezaks(+1 Loyalty).

Youth Assembaly Commander(office). During war, move this ancillary to a Celtiberian Iuventus to be chosen as the commander.The bonus effects are given by a trait to whoever holds the ancillary, only a Celtiberian Iuventus will recive the trait.

Default Re: Areuakoi Society

There are also the "Pacts of Hospitality" traits. Mostly for non-Celtiberians who form such pacts with Celtiberian aristocrats--but there is a pact between Celtiberians trait as well.

The CeltiberianFame trait(Famous Man/Chief of a Band of Warriors) also plays a little bit into the political system by making elections more likely.

CoalitionLeader is for Coalition governments, an office which involves leading an allied coalition(lost when leaving the province or not having a Coalition gov in settlement).

There are also the colony-related ArevaciMigrant and ArevaciSettledMerc traits for Baeturia and the W. Med. Islands respectively.

Many new Celtiberian/Iberian traits are ethno-specific, in the case of the Celtiberians, their 4 ethnic groups benefit the most from their political system.

For non-Celtiberians, there is also the ethnic Iberian Chieftain traits, which require you to stay inside that ethnic group's homeland as a high energy and high charisma, as well as a battle-experienced and influential, character.

This is very interesting. Areuakoi are going to be my first choice for sure. Can't wait to fill all those shiny offices with my bloody warriors.

And also there is the merc-system. Some of your Nobles may go abroad for a little adventure. If they come back victorious, they get nice boost to their stats. Should they come back defeated, however...

But not only Nobles can go on and serve as mercs. An offer may come in every 2-3 years, "borrowing" some of your warriors. They pay fabulously, but their scheme deplets your own recruitment for a while.

Seriously, Arevaci is one of one of the most complex and well-designed faction now.

Colos

Quote Originally Posted by Colos1987 View Post
    And also there is the merc-system. Some of your Nobles may go abroad for a little adventure. If they come back victorious, they get nice boost to their stats. Should they come back defeated, however...

But not only Nobles can go on and serve as mercs. An offer may come in every 2-3 years, "borrowing" some of your warriors. They pay fabulously, but their scheme deplets your own recruitment for a while.

Seriously, Arevaci is one of one of the most complex and well-designed faction now.

Colos
    Well that's funny, because I was planning to play them as pirates, pillaging cities on coast and mercenaries for mediterranean superpowers. Like if Carthage want my mercenaries I will go into alliance with them, fight their battles with my warbands and sell them capured provinces to get paid.

So when my Noble is hired, I guess I will loose control over him and he will return after some time right?

Areuakoi have their own political system, governments and colonies, are they considered barbarian faction able to raid?

Yeah, you'll have to stay inside the province you're hired in as a merc for at least 5 years to complete your mercenary service. After that, depending on some randomness and your stats, you get an outcome trait level for success or failure.

Yes they are able to raid--they even have a colony named "Band of Raiders".

What's interesting is how this CeltiberianMerc trait system idea expanded to so many other factions(because it was such a good idea--kudos to Trarco especially, and myself on coming up with the original idea). The Continental Celts have 6 different merc traits, the Swebozes have one(soon to be 2, maybe) and the Pritanoi have one too. The Celtiberians have 2 themselves.
    Last edited by Genghis Skahn; October 15, 2017 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Skahn View Post
    Yeah, you'll have to stay inside the province you're hired in as a merc for at least 5 years to complete your mercenary service. After that, depending on some randomness and your stats, you get an outcome trait level for success or failure.

Yes they are able to raid--they even have a colony named "Band of Raiders".

What's interesting is how this CeltiberianMerc trait system idea expanded to so many other factions(because it was such a good idea--kudos to Trarco especially, and myself on coming up with the original idea). The Continental Celts have 6 different merc traits, the Swebozes have one(soon to be 2, maybe) and the Pritanoi have one too. The Celtiberians have 2 themselves.
    Damm, its getting better and better with every piece of information I get. Can't wait!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YourMadDoc View Post
    Well that's funny, because I was planning to play them as pirates, pillaging cities on coast and mercenaries for mediterranean superpowers. Like if Carthage want my mercenaries I will go into alliance with them, fight their battles with my warbands and sell them capured provinces to get paid.
    That sounds like a fun campaign. Related with your idea, there is also a colony called Reward in the form of lands. This is what it represents:

"This building represents the reward in the form of land and small farms that have received some groups of Iberians and Celtic Spanish mercenaries for their services in these fertile foreign lands. The imperialistic state that recruited them has provided those lands and has kept these veteran warriors under its influence. In terms of roleplay this means that you don't play as a Celtiberian in the Mediterranean islands anymore, but as one of the main city-states in the area like for example Syracuse. Complementing this colony with an allied Government is always a good option to reinforce this type of roleplay.

The availability of this building is restricted to the Western and Central Mediterranean, specifically in Corsica, Sardinia and Sicily. Within those areas it provides a recruitment mainly based on locals but it also provides the recruitment of mercenaries from the Iberian Peninsula".

Quote Originally Posted by Trarco View Post
    That sounds like a fun campaign. Related with your idea, there is also a colony called Reward in the form of lands. This is what it represents:

"This building represents the reward in the form of land and small farms that have received some groups of Iberians and Celtic Spanish mercenaries for their services in these fertile foreign lands. The imperialistic state that recruited them has provided those lands and has kept these veteran warriors under its influence. In terms of roleplay this means that you don't play as a Celtiberian in the Mediterranean islands anymore, but as one of the main city-states in the area like for example Syracuse. Complementing this colony with an allied Government is always a good option to reinforce this type of roleplay.

The availability of this building is restricted to the Western and Central Mediterranean, specifically in Corsica, Sardinia and Sicily. Within those areas it provides a recruitment mainly based on locals but it also provides the recruitment of mercenaries from the Iberian Peninsula".
    Independent city states and celtiberian reward colonies restricted to Mediterranean islands? You could just say pirates What about the Balearic Islands?

Consider it the in-game Tortuga

No specialties there, though, at least not according to the playtests so far.

Colos

Quote Originally Posted by Colos1987 View Post
    Consider it the in-game Tortuga

No specialties there, though, at least not according to the playtests so far.

Colos
    If I can recruit Mead Borns there I won't ask for more.

Strangely enough, there is a Celtiberian Drink trait, called Caelia, to represent a cultural "beer-like" drink that was consumed by the Celtiberians.

Seems like a good trait for a leader of mead born company. From what I got by reading decriptions on buildings, governments, provinces and units, my plan to play them as partially independent tribal warbands of mercenaries and raiders won't be that far from it. Well they were more interested in glory as in booty, but nobody is perfect.

How many Celtiberian tribes are there? Traits I mean. Evry province around has its own tribe and I would like to eventually establish coalition with leader from their own tribe. Similar as KH has to do to get archons.

If you end up building the Coalition gov, you'll get just that. There are also the ethnic Iberian chieftain traits, so that will aid you in your quest for that goal.

I don't know exactly how many traits there are. >20? I don't keep count, I just add them and think of ways to implement them in a way that still respects the FCs desires.

You can't build allied Government if there is migration and colony buildings.

And there is no text in the reform.

The text will be added in the first patch, I forgot to put it in after it was proof-read.

Quote Originally Posted by Fume View Post
    You can't build allied Government if there is migration and colony buildings.

And there is no text in the reform.

I know it and probably I explained myself bad. I meant that (for example in the case of Sicily), you could build and allied government in Lilybaeum while Syracuse and Messina could have the Celtiberian colony, this is the type of role play I would chose in order to represent the reward in the form of lands, but of course this is just a personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    The text will be added in the first patch, I forgot to put it in after it was proof-read.
    Good to know

I know it and probably I explained myself bad. I meant that (for example in the case of Sicily), you could build and allied government in Lilybaeum while Syracuse and Messina could have the Celtiberian colony, this is the type of role play I would chose in order to represent the reward in the form of lands, but of course this is just a personal opinion.
    Ah, then I misunderstood you. Sorry.

How can I give FM's traits like ceremonial dagger or youth assembly commander? I tried my leader with other FM together or next to each other, but it says it still belong to my leader.

Transfer the ancillaries to the appropriate FMs(not FL for eg.); same stuff you do in vanilla.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast